Check your account email address ×

Trump vs. Windmills

3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Drive through Palm Springs, west Texas or many other places and you will see hundreds and hundreds of broke down, dilapidated, non functioning wind turbines. They are littering the landscape in all directions. Many of the companies that owned and operated that equipment are long bankrupt. They took all the subsidies and income from the turbines but couldn't maintain or repair them so they just walked away.  Now the property owner or us tax payers are responsible for the clean up  

Apparently, the 90 degree redirection within the generating head is causing life cycle miscalculations in the 50-65% range. Gearboxes are burning up prematurely and too expensive to fix.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Fix the grid.   Its completely inefficient.  Start there first.  

https://3dfs.com/articles/wasted-electricity-vs-lost-electricity-in-the-u-s-electrical-grid/12/2015

The Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory releases the Energy Flow Chart for the U.S. every year. The latest Energy Flow Chart is here.

2014_us_energy

As we have highlighted previously, the U.S. loses more than 67.8% of the electricity that is generated in our Grid. These losses are categorized as “Rejected Energy.” 

Interesting

Is it better in print or with the “stable genius” saying it?

not sure why people say the world is laughing at the US.

“I never understood wind,” Trump said. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

“So the world is tiny compared to the universe. So tremendous, tremendous amount of fumes and everything. You talk about the carbon footprint, fumes are spewing into the air, right spewing, whether it is China or Germany, is going into the air,” he continued.

“A windmill will kill many bald eagles,” Trump continued. “After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?”

i