Check your account email address ×

GM pulling out of NASCAR?

Pete

Anyone here this rumor? Honda is suppose to take the spot.

NASCAR has problems.

Rebel flag

EPA

They now support gun control

Over paid hot shot teenagers running the show now driving away the fans. What a shame.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Anyone here this rumor? Honda is suppose to take the spot.

NASCAR has problems.

Rebel flag

EPA

They now support gun control

Over paid hot shot teenagers running the show now driving away the fans. What a shame.

They should have done this before they declared bankruptcy, and this is coming from a GM guy.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

They should have done this before they declared bankruptcy, and this is coming from a GM guy.

Win on Sunday sell on Monday is no longer working for GM.

NASCAR sucks now

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

The only thing that has ever been exciting about NASCAR is the big crashes and the last 5 laps.

That's not how it use to be. It was about the racing. Before the plate days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Admittedly Nascar has changed but all motorsports have...you need marketable clean cut drivers to attract sponsors. 

it aint working no more

whats the series called now? whos the main sponser? Theres been a dozen over the years cause its a losing game.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, racer254 said:

Every racing organization seems to eventually screw itself. 

CART/Champ Car split and feud is a good example...The Indy 500 hasn’t been the same since.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Pete said:

it aint working no more

whats the series called now? whos the main sponser? Theres been a dozen over the years cause its a losing game.

Hey look I loved the Winston Cup days as much as anybody but moving away from that was a good idea and inevitable and yes the sponsorship has changed a few times over the recent years but dollars are tightening and there are other sports taking them as well. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey look I loved the Winston Cup days as much as anybody but moving away from that was a good idea and inevitable and yes the sponsorship has changed a few times over the recent years but dollars are tightening and there are other sports taking them as well. 

No it wasnt

That's when it began its downfall and hasn't stopped since

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

No it wasnt

That's when it began its downfall and hasn't stopped since

Nascar hit peak popularity after Winston was gone.  It ultimately destroyed the sport with the move outside their core region but the world of sports has also completely changed over the last 20 years. 

A former friend of mine Brother is a Crew Chief for a popular Team, he told me it began to die when Nascar allowed Toyota's to race in "The All American Sport"..was he correct? I don't know for sure but some fans that I know here say the same thing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

A former friend of mine Brother is a Crew Chief for a popular Team, he told me it began to die when Nascar allowed Toyota's to race in "The All American Sport"..was he correct? I don't know for sure but some fans that I know here say the same thing.

yup another major blow to NASCAR.. fuck Toyota.. Dale SR getting killed. no more WC series. Letting Toyota run were 3 big items for me to not watch it anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1