Check your account email address ×

Americans are paying $40 billion a year in import taxes thanks to Trump's tariffs

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Then tariff every countries products? 

Agreed.   At least equal to what they tariff us.   IP is a whole different issue but should be part of the same negotiations. 

On 11/16/2016 at 12:21 PM, Mainecat said:

Tariffs need to be pro rated, ranked on where the goods come from. China may warrant the highest tariff.

On 6/6/2016 at 2:58 PM, Mainecat said:

Tariffs are the only answer to level the playing field. But corporate greed wont ever let that happen.

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Mainecat said:

Just China?

at this point they are the biggest currency manipulator and have been ass fucking us for yrs . they are holding out praying Trump looses. if he wins they have not much time left before they have no option but to cave . looking bad for them with a few of the dems running also . time to turn up the heat on them now 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

at this point they are the biggest currency manipulator and have been ass fucking us for yrs . they are holding out praying Trump looses. if he wins they have not much time left before they have no option but to cave . looking bad for them with a few of the dems running also . time to turn up the heat on them now 

This, and the simple fact of why should we give China all our money. Spend it in a country who is not in a position to take that money and become a superpower. That may be too late thou.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

He was for tariffs until trump was.

Same thing for illegal immigration.   He was adamantly against it until Trump was.  :lol:  

52 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

One more time my position on tariffs was target certain products not tariff every fucking item.

Also placing the blame on China is fuckin stupid. Corporate American is the problem they are offshoring production.

no it wasn't. Ever.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

One more time my position on tariffs was target certain products not tariff every fucking item.

Also placing the blame on China is fuckin stupid. Corporate American is the problem they are offshoring production.

Dude basically EVERYTHING that we sell in China is tariffed.   On top of that any American company that wants to build a facility there the govt of China must own 51%.   That's without even getting into the stealing of IP.   Picking and choosing a few products won't work.  

43 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Dude basically EVERYTHING that we sell in China is tariffed.   On top of that any American company that wants to build a facility there the govt of China must own 51%.   That's without even getting into the stealing of IP.   Picking and choosing a few products won't work.  

Apparently MC likes getting bent over by China.

:news: 

• Gold Member

My 3 year old Vizio 65 inch tv took a shit yesterday.  I think it was a 1080 hd model. Took it to the dump to the recycle area and swung by Walmart this morning.  Picked up a 65 inch 4K uhd lg smart tv for $478 dollars.  Pretty sure it is cheaper by half on what I paid for a less picture quality Vizio 3 years ago.  Not sure how much of the tariff added to the cost.

got offered $1000 dollars more then I paid for my old pickup as well while filling up this morning as well but declined!

life is good for 99% of all people despite MC’s doom and gloom.

43 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My 3 year old Vizio 65 inch tv took a shit yesterday.  I think it was a 1080 hd model. Took it to the dump to the recycle area and swung by Walmart this morning.  Picked up a 65 inch 4K uhd lg smart tv for $478 dollars.  Pretty sure it is cheaper by half on what I paid for a less picture quality Vizio 3 years ago.  Not sure how much of the tariff added to the cost.

got offered $1000 dollars more then I paid for my old pickup as well while filling up this morning as well but declined!

life is good for 99% of all people despite MC’s doom and gloom.

This is using common sense.  MC needs articles to explain the intricacies to make it look like it is bad. 

10 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Great! That’s a target tariff on a product the US is getting killed on.

everything in China needs to be hit harder . fuck China they have been fucking our ass with out paying the pimp for decades 

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

This, and the simple fact of why should we give China all our money. Spend it in a country who is not in a position to take that money and become a superpower. That may be too late thou.

they alreay are they own the markets with there worthless printed money 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

everything in China needs to be hit harder . fuck China they have been fucking our ass with out paying the pimp for decades 

Exactly....so why is Trump caving in to them?