Check your account email address ×

Possible polar vortex for mid december

Anler

16 hours ago, irv said:

3 options I will never go without again are heated seats, heated steering wheel and a back up camera. Heated mirrors are nice as well but not as important as the 3 I just mentioned.

My wife's 17 Impala Premier has heated seats/mirrors but no heated steering wheel. Fucking GM! They wanted another $2,500 for that option pkg but you also got the Bose sound system and something else. Driving her car in the winter, you quickly miss that heated steering wheel, trust me. 

Heated steering wheel is nice, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.  My wife has it on her Flex and loves it.  Mine gets so hot you have to turn it off.  There's only 1 setting on it and it gets hot quick. They need to modify that and make it have multiple settings.  I'm pretty sure Flex has a high and low setting.    I definitely won't ever be without heated/cooled seats, full screen backup camera and Nav ever again.  LEDs on my new one are awesome too. 

Some Ford models are like that too with the heated seats and mirrors, but no steering wheel.  That's marketing.  They want you to upgrade to the next trim package and force you to buy it all. 

6 hours ago, Kev144 said:

I think back up camera is almost a standard now.   I think ford's xl trucks have them now standard.   Heated steering wheel I can go with out. I like heated seats and vented.  

Probably still the small screen in the rear view mirror. What's funny about that is the rear camera is becoming standard , but they're making the reverse sensors optional.  Doesn't make any sense to me. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

48 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Heated steering wheel is nice, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.  My wife has it on her Flex and loves it.  Mine gets so hot you have to turn it off.  There's only 1 setting on it and it gets hot quick. They need to modify that and make it have multiple settings.  I'm pretty sure Flex has a high and low setting.    I definitely won't ever be without heated/cooled seats, full screen backup camera and Nav ever again.  LEDs on my new one are awesome too. 

Some Ford models are like that too with the heated seats and mirrors, but no steering wheel.  That's marketing.  They want you to upgrade to the next trim package and force you to buy it all. 

Probably still the small screen in the rear view mirror. What's funny about that is the rear camera is becoming standard , but they're making the reverse sensors optional.  Doesn't make any sense to me. 

agreed,  TBH for most who don't pay attention the sensors are more important.  Wifes highlander has no sensors and my last silverado didn't either.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

come on you know they saw your group and just assumed it :news: 

:bc:  

We didn't notice that it was gay and till the next morning. We were all sitting around eating breakfast hung over and somebody looked up and was pointing at the gay paintings on the wall. Almost couldn't stop ourselves from bursting out in laughter. The host was a really nice guy though.

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Reverse and sensors came standard on the 302a as well with sync 3

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

My Ram is the same. One setting and it doesn't take long to get hot. I find, however, that once it's hot and you shut it off you usually have enough heat in the cab that it's not required anymore. My seats have 2 levels and on high, they also get toasty quick but are rather comfortable on the low setting. 

Oh, for sure it's marketing! I just assumed, as my truck isn't a top of the line model (Bighorn) that my wife's car, being the Premier edition, would come with a heated steering wheel. We bought it used so we had no choice, obviously, but it made me scratch my head thinking in order to get it, you had to spend another $2,500 on the next upgrade pkg. :wall:

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Reverse and sensors came standard on the 302a as well with sync 3

Maybe in Canada. Was that way on an XLT for '18.  On a '19 XLT it's a $275 option, even with 302a 

1 hour ago, irv said:

My Ram is the same. One setting and it doesn't take long to get hot. I find, however, that once it's hot and you shut it off you usually have enough heat in the cab that it's not required anymore. My seats have 2 levels and on high, they also get toasty quick but are rather comfortable on the low setting. 

Oh, for sure it's marketing! I just assumed, as my truck isn't a top of the line model (Bighorn) that my wife's car, being the Premier edition, would come with a heated steering wheel. We bought it used so we had no choice, obviously, but it made me scratch my head thinking in order to get it, you had to spend another $2,500 on the next upgrade pkg. :wall:

Yep once cab is warm , it's not needed.  Ford seats have 3 settings on heated and cooled.

That's how they get you to spend more $ 

Another thing I like about my Lariat is the dual climate controls. 

IMG_20191123_185557452.thumb.jpg.7d588a371ed515e840a43c3db833a960.jpgIMG_20191123_185652417.thumb.jpg.8dca0e05b1996207306f73e0ec2c71f0.jpg

And that they're on the touch screen and separate controls below  

44 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Maybe in Canada. Was that way on an XLT for '18.  On a '19 XLT it's a $275 option, even with 302a 

Yep once cab is warm , it's not needed.  Ford seats have 3 settings on heated and cooled.

That's how they get you to spend more $ 

Another thing I like about my Lariat is the dual climate controls. 

IMG_20191123_185557452.thumb.jpg.7d588a371ed515e840a43c3db833a960.jpgIMG_20191123_185652417.thumb.jpg.8dca0e05b1996207306f73e0ec2c71f0.jpg

And that they're on the touch screen and separate controls below  

I forgot to mention in an earlier post, and that is, I wished I had of gotten climate control in my Ram. I know it was another option, similar to my wife's car, so I opted out. Didn't really think I'd miss it (had it in my Sierra) but I do. 

8 minutes ago, irv said:

I forgot to mention in an earlier post, and that is, I wished I had of gotten climate control in my Ram. I know it was another option, similar to my wife's car, so I opted out. Didn't really think I'd miss it (had it in my Sierra) but I do. 

Had them in my Raptor and the wife's Flex has them.  Its nice to be able to have 2 different settings. I too missed them  👍🏼

• Like 1

Ice fishing is a great sport. 

I froze my ass off mowing the leaves today. I had to come in, I was literally stiff from the cold. 

I might be getting too old for sledding. I wouldn't even think of going out under 30* Fahrenheit.