Check your account email address ×

In with the new

18 hours ago, Tomas. said:

It is crazy what they put into these things now. Also it is crazy the price of the higher end models.

The RZR turbo with a few options is close to $30,000 cad up here. That is pants-on-head retarded lol.

My buddy "Sponge" has 35K into his can-am... Its wicked cool if ur into that type of stuff.  

7 minutes ago, jammin said:

My buddy "Sponge" has 35K into his can-am... Its wicked cool if ur into that type of stuff.  

There are so many sxs up here now from from the lower end models all the way up to the turbo"d and 4 passenger ones. The rail trail runs behind our place and with the road allowances we hook up to other trail systems. It's nice to be able to pack a lunch and go out all day or head into town to shop or go out for dinner. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There are so many sxs up here now from from the lower end models all the way up to the turbo"d and 4 passenger ones. The rail trail runs behind our place and with the road allowances we hook up to other trail systems. It's nice to be able to pack a lunch and go out all day or head into town to shop or go out for dinner. 

we did that a couple years ago out of my buds bar in pelican lake WI.  Sled / ATV / UTV trail is right across the road.  1 four passenger and 2 two's.  did about 100 miles or so and stopped for lunch, beers etc.  Had a great time and got wet / muddy for sure  :bc: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammin said:

we did that a couple years ago out of my buds bar in pelican lake WI.  Sled / ATV / UTV trail is right across the road.  1 four passenger and 2 two's.  did about 100 miles or so and stopped for lunch, beers etc.  Had a great time and got wet / muddy for sure  :bc: 

The fun factor multiplies when you get out,stop by a lake,have lunch,a wobbly or two and the tunes going without winter gear on freezing your ass off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The fun factor multiplies when you get out,stop by a lake,have lunch,a wobbly or two and the tunes going without winter gear on freezing your ass off. 

lol-  our ride was a cold fall day..... below freezing when we left and were breaking ice going through some of the water holes. Still had a blast.   :bc:

45 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Yeah I see a ton of side by sides around up north. They are talking about officially opening up all the trails around my place. They haven’t been writing tickets or enforcing the rules for a couple years now. I think they recognize the economic benefit of having these folks around and bringing their wallet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yeah I see a ton of side by sides around up north. They are talking about officially opening up all the trails around my place. They haven’t been writing tickets or enforcing the rules for a couple years now. I think they recognize the economic benefit of having these folks around and bringing their wallet.

Our area gets plenty of tourists, boats thru the locks and plenty of decent restaurants. They welcome atvs/sxs/sleds and realize how much they spend basically year-round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Our club has an older Kawi Mule. We had to put some money into it a couple years ago but it still gets the job done.

I bought this one for plowing snow. Just mounted up the plow today.

Hope to take it out trail staking on Saturday.

936E6710-6489-49B7-A9B1-A24748DC0E0E.thumb.jpeg.e88aad0e1ea2fce280529a5ce55946a3.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Our club has an older Kawi Mule. We had to put some money into it a couple years ago but it still gets the job done.

936E6710-6489-49B7-A9B1-A24748DC0E0E.thumb.jpeg.e88aad0e1ea2fce280529a5ce55946a3.jpeg

Very nice!

10 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

nice pics, and nice banner sign,  gonna trigger the left when they were not expecting to see trump banner  :D 

the left around here are already triggered, my section of trail consists of 12 miles of the old Erie Canal towpath heritage trail and they feel we are disturbing nature, the cross country skiers love us though, oh and TRUMP 2020:D

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I have been looking at a Boss set up for mine, my tractor and pick up is a little rough on the driveway plowing, also a couple of my nearby customers driveways are pretty tight for a full size truck to plow but that will be a couple years down the road, as the hard cab was kind of pricey

Edited by 01mxz800

26 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The MTO is looking at making changes to ORV ( off road vehicles) here in Ont. It's a step in the right direction as more and more areas are accepting usage and road allowances. 

we can't register UTV's here in NY as they are considered equipment but our small village is pretty lax on these, golf carts and ATV's unless you are stirring up  trouble

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

we can't register UTV's here in NY as they are considered equipment but our small village is pretty lax on these, golf carts and ATV's unless you are stirring up  trouble

Our town is a tourist trap and is on the ball. The parking area north of town next to the trail is always packed with trucks/trailers all summer and winter

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

I have been looking at a Boss set up for mine, my tractor and pick up is a little rough on the driveway plowing, also a couple of my nearby customers driveways are pretty tight for a full size truck to plow but that will be a couple years down the road, as the hard cab was kind of pricey

We plan to do sidewalks and smaller, tighter parking areas with it. We will be mounting a small tailgate salter and cary a single stage blower and shovels in the box. It will do 40kph so it will be driven site to site.

I looked at Boss, Western and Snow Dogg. The Western was a 6 ' Vee with bottom trip edge. Boss is 6'-6" with full blade trip. Snow Dogg was 6'-6" with bottom trip.

We decided to go Snow Dogg because we felt the 6" narrower didn't help us so might as well be bigger and we prefer bottom trip as its hard as hard of a hit to the machine. We have a Snow Dogg on one of the trucks and its been good over the 10 years.

That and I could get a Snow Dogg at Angelo's in Detroit for about $3200. Dealers here wanted $5200 Can so even with the exchange I could save $900 for a 3 hour drive.

38 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

We plan to do sidewalks and smaller, tighter parking areas with it. We will be mounting a small tailgate salter and cary a single stage blower and shovels in the box. It will do 40kph so it will be driven site to site.

I looked at Boss, Western and Snow Dogg. The Western was a 6 ' Vee with bottom trip edge. Boss is 6'-6" with full blade trip. Snow Dogg was 6'-6" with bottom trip.

We decided to go Snow Dogg because we felt the 6" narrower didn't help us so might as well be bigger and we prefer bottom trip as its hard as hard of a hit to the machine. We have a Snow Dogg on one of the trucks and its been good over the 10 years.

That and I could get a Snow Dogg at Angelo's in Detroit for about $3200. Dealers here wanted $5200 Can so even with the exchange I could save $900 for a 3 hour drive.

I have Boss for my plowing biz a wanted to keep same mfgr  to keep parts similar and have a good dealer, I do residential properties and use straight blades no need for v's, want something of better quality than moose, Polaris etc

• Like 1

• 1st full day of Making Trails Great Again and am real pleased with the new Ranger, cold up here today and cab made a hell of a difference pretty greasy out in the fields only needed 4x4 once, I give it 5 stars:thumb:

IMG_20191130_113340109.jpg

• Like 3