Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170825/COPY01/308259922/uaw-unifor-meet-to-talk-nafta-labor-standards

Can someone tell me how gender is involved in a trade agreement?

Ahead of their closed-door meeting, Freeland reiterated that Canada wants renegotiations to touch on labor provisions, the environment and gender.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/no-word-on-apology-as-vance-trudeau-walk-in-ottawa-pride-parade/article36097632/

If a pride parade is held & Justin doesn't attend, did the parade actually happen? Norwood held a pride event this summer, albeit w/o a parade.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2017/08/01/fire-norwood-pride-event-draws-about-300-supporters

However organizers think a parade may be included next year. Someone send the Shiny Pony an invite!

47 minutes ago, revrnd said:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170825/COPY01/308259922/uaw-unifor-meet-to-talk-nafta-labor-standards

Can someone tell me how gender is involved in a trade agreement?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/no-word-on-apology-as-vance-trudeau-walk-in-ottawa-pride-parade/article36097632/

If a pride parade is held & Justin doesn't attend, did the parade actually happen? Norwood held a pride event this summer, albeit w/o a parade.

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2017/08/01/fire-norwood-pride-event-draws-about-300-supporters

However organizers think a parade may be included next year. Someone send the Shiny Pony an invite!

Did you read your link?  Its about making Mexico AUTO play more fairly in wages and hiring. 

If a pride parade is held & Justin doesn't attend, did the parade actually happen?

LOL

Pride isn't going away any time soon, you should just come to terms with and move on.  The young people today think must differently on this subject and many others. 

There is a reason why PRIDE is everywhere nowadays -

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Did you read your link?  Its about making Mexico AUTO play more fairly in wages and hiring. 

NO FUCKING WAY MORON! THAT HAS BEEN THE MAIN COMPLAINT FROM UNIONS IN CANADA AND THE US FROM DAY ONE OF NAFTA. WAGES AND BENEFITS IN CANADA AND THE US ARE PRETTY CLOSE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE 'PAY PACKAGE' OF THE TYPICAL MEXICAN WORKING IN THE MAQUILADORAS IS, BUT IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THE AVERAGE WORKER NORTH OF THE RIO GRANDE MAKES.

If it wasn't for the shitty wages down there do you think the multinationals would move production there?

auto-map.png

7 minutes ago, revrnd said:

NO FUCKING WAY MORON! THAT HAS BEEN THE MAIN COMPLAINT FROM UNIONS IN CANADA AND THE US FROM DAY ONE OF NAFTA. WAGES AND BENEFITS IN CANADA AND THE US ARE PRETTY CLOSE. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE 'PAY PACKAGE' OF THE TYPICAL MEXICAN WORKING IN THE MAQUILADORAS IS, BUT IT ISN'T EVEN CLOSE TO WHAT THE AVERAGE WORKER NORTH OF THE RIO GRANDE MAKES.

If it wasn't for the shitty wages down there do you think the multinationals would move production there?

auto-map.png

why are you screaming info I just stated?  no idea what your ramblings are about

“We are united with the UAW in our demand to address the imbalances in the auto industry as NAFTA is renegotiated,” Dias said in the statement. “The plain fact is that the United States and Canada have equitable trade, Mexico does not and that must be dealt with immediately.”

All Mexico has to say is we are hiring more women and setting up a transgender support program in Mexico and Freeland and Trudeau will gush and spout wonderful things about Mexico. Not one thibg about wages need to be addressed by Mexico.

on the topic of Pride and today's youth

49% chose "all gender"

Ryerson University announced Wednesday they will no longer require students to disclose their gender identity on housing application forms, and that they will introduce housing that accommodates all gender identities.

"What we've done is we've altered our application to not require students to identify their gender unless it is something they want us to take into account when we're assigning the residence room," Ian Crookshank, director of housing and residence life at Ryerson, told CBC Toronto.

Crookshank said the university has also expanded the number of gender category options on applications to "represent a non-binary spectrum."

Students will select if they want "all-gender" housing or not. If they choose that option, they do not have to disclose their gender identity and will be housed with "folks from all different gender identities."

If they do not choose that option, they will be asked to disclose their gender identity and make it known that they want that taken into account when being placed.

11 minutes ago, Sksman said:

All Mexico has to say is we are hiring more women and setting up a transgender support program in Mexico and Freeland and Trudeau will gush and spout wonderful things about Mexico. Not one thibg about wages need to be addressed by Mexico.

What do you think a meeting with the big people in the Canadian auto industry would be about? 

“This is not a profit issue, this is a moral issue as the exploitation of workers continues,” Williams said. “Mexican workers deserve better.”

Currently, NAFTA includes side deals on labor and the environment -- essentially just aspirational goals to improve working conditions and committing each country to enforce its own labor and environmental standards.

That has allowed Mexico to take advantage of its low wage rate, lack of free collective bargaining and non-existent health, safety and environmental standards to lure auto companies looking for the cheapest place to set up shop, Dias has said in the past.

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

What do you think a meeting with the big people in the Canadian auto industry would be about? 

“This is not a profit issue, this is a moral issue as the exploitation of workers continues,” Williams said. “Mexican workers deserve better.”

Currently, NAFTA includes side deals on labor and the environment -- essentially just aspirational goals to improve working conditions and committing each country to enforce its own labor and environmental standards.

That has allowed Mexico to take advantage of its low wage rate, lack of free collective bargaining and non-existent health, safety and environmental standards to lure auto companies looking for the cheapest place to set up shop, Dias has said in the past.

Fail, what I think and what our inept leaders do are two different things.  

I already stated add a tariff to vehicles produced in Mexico and fuck GM after they pulled out.  Pages ago.  

I support keeping good paying jobs in Canada.

Trudeau and Freeland care about gender identity and hiring women in Mexico   Who cares about cultural beliefs in Mexico or customs of the people.   As long as they hire more woman or queers Trudeau happy  

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

on the topic of Pride and today's youth

49% chose "all gender"

Ryerson University announced Wednesday they will no longer require students to disclose their gender identity on housing application forms, and that they will introduce housing that accommodates all gender identities.

"What we've done is we've altered our application to not require students to identify their gender unless it is something they want us to take into account when we're assigning the residence room," Ian Crookshank, director of housing and residence life at Ryerson, told CBC Toronto.

Crookshank said the university has also expanded the number of gender category options on applications to "represent a non-binary spectrum."

Students will select if they want "all-gender" housing or not. If they choose that option, they do not have to disclose their gender identity and will be housed with "folks from all different gender identities."

If they do not choose that option, they will be asked to disclose their gender identity and make it known that they want that taken into account when being placed.

Trail, 

What normal straight guy wouldn't pick accomodations that included chics?  They are just playing the system.

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Trail, 

What normal straight guy wouldn't pick accomodations that included chics?  They are just playing the system.

ALL means you could be in the dorm room with a gender type like  MOMO.

I am sure most of you guys wouldn't check that box even for dinner seating.

These young people don't even use the term He or She it seems

8 hours ago, Sksman said:

Fail, what I think and what our inept leaders do are two different things.  

I already stated add a tariff to vehicles produced in Mexico and fuck GM after they pulled out.  Pages ago.  

I support keeping good paying jobs in Canada.

Trudeau and Freeland care about gender identity and hiring women in Mexico   Who cares about cultural beliefs in Mexico or customs of the people.   As long as they hire more woman or queers Trudeau happy  

ONEWAY narrow minded view

Professional visas was another of the more detailed priorities Freeland mentioned.

What Canada wants is changes to a NAFTA jobs list which allows some people to more easily get a visa to work across the border.

She referred to the economic argument against buy-local rules.

“Local-content provisions for major government contracts are political junk food: superficially appetizing, but unhealthy in the long run,” Freeland said.

The basic argument against these provisions is they drive up the cost of projects – so taxpayers pay more, they get fewer new roads and bridges for their money, that reduces economic activity and in the long run it doesn’t save the economy any jobs

It mentions land surveyors and range conservationists, for instance, but not computer programmers. International companies want that jobs list in Chapter 16 expanded to make it easier for employees to move between offices.

increased wages in Mexico would narrow the gap in labour costs, making it more attractive to invest in auto plants in Canada and the U-S

I can't be bothered posting any more since you will just ignore it and Bash Canada at the table

15 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Professional visas was another of the more detailed priorities Freeland mentioned.

What Canada wants is changes to a NAFTA jobs list which allows some people to more easily get a visa to work across the border.

“Local-content provisions for major government contracts are political junk food: superficially appetizing, but unhealthy in the long run,” Freeland said.

The basic argument against these provisions is they drive up the cost of projects – so taxpayers pay more, they get fewer new roads and bridges for their money, that reduces economic activity and in the long run it doesn’t save the economy any jobs

It mentions land surveyors and range conservationists, for instance, but not computer programmers. International companies want that jobs list in Chapter 16 expanded to make it easier for employees to move between offices.

increased wages in Mexico would narrow the gap in labour costs, making it more attractive to invest in auto plants in Canada and the U-S

I can't be bothered posting any more since you will just ignore it and Bash Canada at the table

What problems are there crossing the border for work?

The ones hassled the most right now are trades crossing with tools, they need the right paperwork.  The Americans coming into Canada are treated far worse

51 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

ALL means you could be in the dorm room with a gender type like  MOMO.

I am sure most of you guys wouldn't check that box even for dinner seating.

These young people don't even use the term He or She it seems

Nobody cares what artsy men think.  They already are one step towards transgendering anyways, cross them off the list.

27 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Your a dolt.  

i am all for Canada, always have been always willl

Auto plants move for cheaper labour then punish them. No subsidies ever again also. 

And bs by the way 2 Russians I am in training course with saw pictures of your man crush and say he is pretty. 

15 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Your a dolt.  

Auto plants move for cheaper labour then punish them. No subsidies ever again also. 

And bs by the way 2 Russians I am in training course with saw pictures of your man crush and say he is pretty. 

so it seem Canada is after more than gender hiring and climate change

thanks for playing

13 hours ago, Sksman said:

Your a dolt.  

Finally someone w/ a grasp on reality. Multinationals play sister plants and the various levels of gov't off each other seeking concessions. Not only auto plants are involved. Doesn't BRP make the Can-Am in Mexico? I think some of Polaris SXS output is built there as well.

Look at the amount of aftermarket auto parts w/ Hecho en Mexico on the packaging. Heaven forbid some person in Ohio or Ontario make minimum wage making spark plugs, shock absorbers or springs. Magna closed the old New Process Gear plant in Syracuse a few years ago. They sourced pretty much all the transfer cases used in GM & Dodge 4x4s. Magna now produces their transfer cases in Ramos Arizpe.

12 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

so it seem Canada is after more than gender hiring and climate change

thanks for playing

When asked today about Trumps' comments about terminating NAFTA. the Shiny Pony said that his gov't looks forward to reaching an agreement that is beneficial to our partners in the US & Mexico. 

How about concerning yourself in getting an agreement that is good for CANADA you asshole?

Edited by revrnd

1 minute ago, revrnd said:

When asked today about Trumps' comments about terminating NAFTA. the Shiny Pony said that his gov't looks forward to reaching an agreement that is beneficial to our partners in the US & Mexico. 

How about concerning yourself in getting an agreement that is good for CANADA you asshole?

Is that how you would reply to crazy Don?  just after he said he is going to take his ball and go home if Canada doesn't cave. 

tell me your one line that he should have said.

Canada strong

FS-ers want to cave to Don but we won't

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Donald Trump again suggested the North American Free Trade Agreement be terminated, tweeting Sunday that both Canada and Mexico are being “very difficult,” but observers and political leaders didn't appear to take the threat too seriously.

Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard brushed aside Trump's comment.

“I think what we have to recognize is that the negotiations are going forward. You will not hear me react to his daily tweets or statements. I don't think that would be very productive,” Couillard said as he arrived in Charlottetown for the annual meeting of New England governors and eastern premiers.

Trade economist Dan Trefler, professor at the University of Toronto and senior research fellow at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, agrees that Trump's Twitter rhetoric is unlikely to translate to action. For one thing, the president is unlikely to receive the congressional approval he would need to act on a major trade agreement. “Congress has been more involved in these trade negotiations than it's ever been involved in any previous trade negotiation,” Trefler says.

How can we get this done without Harper :lmao: 

FS-ers want to cave to Don but we won't

What the fuck?

Does Trump even see/hear clips of the Shiny Pony? 

All of The Donald's carrying on about things on Twitter would probably be forgotten in ten minutes other than the media hanging on every word. I think we all have to agree he has the attention span of a gnat.

I think the average person in Bathurst NB or Camrose AB would rather hear the PM say, "We're working on a beneficial deal for Canada." I doubt anyone cares if it helps Americans or Mexicans. We all know the Americans are looking out for #1 & that sure isn't us.

Can you imagine JT being a sports team GM? "Here's a blank contract, write in the amount & length & we'll be good for it."

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

What the fuck?

Does Trump even see/hear clips of the Shiny Pony? 

All of The Donald's carrying on about things on Twitter would probably be forgotten in ten minutes other than the media hanging on every word. I think we all have to agree he has the attention span of a gnat.

I think the average person in Bathurst NB or Camrose AB would rather hear the PM say, "We're working on a beneficial deal for Canada." I doubt anyone cares if it helps Americans or Mexicans. We all know the Americans are looking out for #1 & that sure isn't us.

Can you imagine JT being a sports team GM? "Here's a blank contract, write in the amount & length & we'll be good for it."

its pretty simple Kris

This deal must be good for all involved PERIOD - if Donny doesn't think he is getting the best of the deal he will take his ball and run home.

To think Trudeau - Harper - Jean - Brian didn't/don't have Canada's best at heart is simply stupid thinking

you are a huge ONEWAY HATER so nothing concrete is expected