Check your account email address ×

First snow!

2 hours ago, Anler said:

Well thats what i use too. I never bag leaves. I run over them with the mulcher as many times as needed. Then in the spring I just bag the first couple mows and voila! My lawn is better homes and gardens lush!

i have a bunch of maples if it was only a few i would do just that but the whole back property line is trees plus 2 big ones in the front.  .  

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

This is the mower I have. If the leaves are dried out,the 4 blades turns them into powder.  https://powerequipment.honda.com/lawnmowers/quadra-cut. 75 foot tall silver maple in the back yard. Cleaning up the leaves sucked before I got this mower.

I didn't know a 4 blade mower existed. I have a Honda mulching mower with a mulching blade, obviously, and although it does a decent job, when the leaves are thick, many hardly get mulched up at all.

Just yesterday I was mowing leaves but with a bag on the mower. I could still see some of the finer stuff getting laid back down on the lawn but the majority of the leaves ended up in the bag.

This was the second time I did this in the last week and with the trees still half full of leaves, it won't be the last. You have me wondering now if a better blade can be purchased for this mower?

27 minutes ago, irv said:

I didn't know a 4 blade mower existed. I have a Honda mulching mower with a mulching blade, obviously, and although it does a decent job, when the leaves are thick, many hardly get mulched up at all.

Just yesterday I was mowing leaves but with a bag on the mower. I could still see some of the finer stuff getting laid back down on the lawn but the majority of the leaves ended up in the bag.

This was the second time I did this in the last week and with the trees still half full of leaves, it won't be the last. You have me wondering now if a better blade can be purchased for this mower?

Not sure if you can add the four blade to a standard blade Honda? I live in a old area with massive trees. A lot of my neighbors have the quad cut Honda because of the fall clean up. My yard isn’t big enough for a rider. I’ve been looking at the toro 32” walk behind to speed up grass cutting. I will keep the Honda for chopping leafs in the fall. They must have a tight patent on the two blades stacked on top of each other? It’s been out for years and none of their competition has come out with anything close to it?

59 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Not sure if you can add the four blade to a standard blade Honda? I live in a old area with massive trees. A lot of my neighbors have the quad cut Honda because of the fall clean up. My yard isn’t big enough for a rider. I’ve been looking at the toro 32” walk behind to speed up grass cutting. I will keep the Honda for chopping leafs in the fall. They must have a tight patent on the two blades stacked on top of each other? It’s been out for years and none of their competition has come out with anything close to it?

I'll have to do some searching to see what is all available for my mower? I would assume, or hope, that something improved is available to do a better job? The amount of leaf dust I seen in the mower bag the last 2 times tells me it is mulching decently but it seems like quite a few leaves are getting past. I'm mowing slow but in places the leaves are pretty thick/deep so maybe even an improved blade wouldn't do much?

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, irv said:

I'll have to do some searching to see what is all available for my mower? I would assume, or hope, that something improved is available to do a better job? The amount of leaf dust I seen in the mower bag the last 2 times tells me it is mulching decently but it seems like quite a few leaves are getting past. I'm mowing slow but in places the leaves are pretty thick/deep so maybe even an improved blade wouldn't do much?

Check out the gator mulching blades.   Might need to manually sharpen the raised cutting edges on each side.   Heard good things about them.

Just now, Highmark said:

Check out the gator mulching blades.   Might need to manually sharpen the raised cutting edges on each side.   Heard good things about them.

I'll check them out.

Thanks. :bc:

1 hour ago, irv said:

I'll check them out.

Thanks. :bc:

Some other brand names out there.    I was involved with one of the early similar designs.   :thumbsup:

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Some other brand names out there.    I was involved with one of the early designs.   :thumbsup:

I was thinking I had a Honda mower but it's actually a Sears with a Honda motor. Might be tough finding parts/blades for it, at least up here? 

Edited by irv

2 minutes ago, irv said:

I was thinking I had a Honda mower but it's actually a Sears with a Honda mower. Might be tough finding parts/blades for it, at least up here? 

With those match the hole size, length and check for clearance from top of blade to the deck.   Don't necessarily hace to be made specifically for your mower.

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

With those match the hole size, length and check for clearance from top of blade to the deck.   Don't necessarily hace to be made specifically for your mower.

Thanks again. :bc:

I'll get the serial/model number off it tomorrow to see what's out there?

We used to rake and load the fukkin' leaves onto the trailer and haul them up back to a compost pile . Load after load, many loads. FUCK THAT!!! 

Now, I just keep running over the bastards with the mowers, and break them up. It's still a pain in the ass, but better than raking, shoveling, hauling, and shoveling them off the trailer......again. 

I had two sets of ear protectors on today, and my fukkin' ears are still ringin'. It was cold and misting, but I chopped up a ton of leaves. 

Will wait about another week, and everything should be down...……...then I'll do a final clean-up. 

They don't need to be completely broken down.    Broken up some will allow them to biodegrade over the next 6 months.

Ya' have to mulch the leaves every week. You can't wait for them to all fall down, too difficult for the mower to mulch massive amounts. Do them every week, and one last time, and your place will look great. 

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

We got about 4” when I left at 5am. Drove into the loop with a rwd and all seasons. That Chevy is a beast.

I had a charity breakfast downtown this morning. Didnt see any snow until I hit LSD. Still mostly rain then. 

10 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ya' have to mulch the leaves every week. You can't wait for them to all fall down, too difficult for the mower to mulch massive amounts. Do them every week, and one last time, and your place will look great. 

I can't fucking believe I'm about to say this but pee stain is correct here. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

I can't fucking believe I'm about to say this but pee stain is correct here, and correct on the final drive ratio question.

Yeah, I know. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

I have dick on the brain.  

That's ok, doesn't mean you're a bad guy. 

Well yeah, it does!!!!!  Suck another black cock w/smegma!!