Check your account email address ×

Wages up.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Crickets.  Lowest unemployment in history.  Crickets.  

Who cares about all that nonsense......its just following the Obama trend. 

Stay focused on Trump impeachment. 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The market has flatlined the last 6 months....why is that?

Why not just say in was just flat yesterday, its just as relevant.  Think 50% increase in less than 3 years.  These are normal ebbs and flows.  Look at a DJ or S+P chart in 1-3-5-10-20 years for a truer perspective.

46 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Crickets.  Lowest unemployment in history.  Crickets.  

Odd how now you tout these job numbers when before you said they were fake. Remember when someone would post job numbers and you would say" and you believe that"?

Just now, 1jkw said:

Odd how now you tout these job numbers when before you said they were fake. Remember when someone would post job numbers and you would say" and you believe that"?

I've seen 3 stores locally that are having to close part of the day because there is no one to work the shifts. We usually have about 100 applications for Christmas help at this point and we have 30. One year ago we went out with 43 routes. We now have 55.

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

I've seen 3 stores locally that are having to close part of the day because there is no one to work the shifts. We usually have about 100 applications for Christmas help at this point and we have 30. One year ago we went out with 43 routes. We now have 55.

And we also have a record number of people, "out of the workforce"  not to be confused with "labor participation rate."  No doubt the economic expansion has continued, but if you believe the numbers now, the UE is down 2% over Trumps term. Online shopping is the biggest cause for delivery increases,  look at the number of major retail chains that have gone under or went to online shopping.

My point was and still stands that the same people who said job numbers were fake, are now bragging about them.

20 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

And we also have a record number of people, "out of the workforce"  not to be confused with "labor participation rate."  No doubt the economic expansion has continued, but if you believe the numbers now, the UE is down 2% over Trumps term. Online shopping is the biggest cause for delivery increases,  look at the number of major retail chains that have gone under or went to online shopping.

My point was and still stands that the same people who said job numbers were fake, are now bragging about them.

There is no doubt that unemployment is at a record low. If you are "out of the workforce", then that is by choice.

Just now, MILFMAN said:

There is no doubt that unemployment is at a record low. If you are "out of the workforce", then that is by choice.

Then there is no doubt that the job numbers before were not fake, that's the point, can't have it both ways.

25 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Obama only saw a LFPR of 63.2 when it was on it's way down.

40 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I didn’t trust Obama’s numbers because he installed operatives at the bureau of labor and statistics shortly after winning the election.  There were also many damning statistics such as wage growth, gdp growth,  etc. that went against any positive employment numbers.    Turns out my suspicions were well founded, as he turned out to be a leftist piece of shit who abused his power.  I like how YOU ignore all the other positive economic metrics, and there are plenty.  Wage growth alone is a very significant measure, along with business and consumer confidence.  Oh and over 50 all time stock market highs in his first 2 years.

Edited by DriftBusta

-- 94.6 million people above the age of 16 were out of the workforce.

Of those:

-- 44.5 million were retired.

-- 14.5 million were in school or job training.

-- 12.8 million were taking care of a loved one.

-- 15.3 million weren't working because of an illness or disability.

In all, of the 94.6 million not working, 87.1 million were retired, in school, taking care of a loved one or physically unable to work.

That leaves 7.5 million people. What about them?

Of those, 1.6 million had looked for a job in the past year or wanted a job but had given up searching for more than a year. And 5.9 million workers listed "other" as a reason for not wanting or having a job. We don't know much about these workers.

Even odder is now all of a sudden some here aren’t touting these jobs “numbers”.  

If you’re going to cry hypocrisy the last thing you should do is be hypocritical about it. Smh

Personally I think all that data is bullshit and manipulated, regardless of who’s in charge. 

But there is no denying if you want employment right now, it’s there. :news: 

9 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I didn’t trust Obama’s numbers because he installed operatives at the bureau of labor and statistics shortly after winning the election.  There were also many damning statistics such as wage growth, gdp growth,  etc. that went against any positive employment numbers.    Turns out my suspicions were well founded, as he turned out to be a leftist piece of shit who abused his power.  I like how YOU ignore all the other positive economic metrics, and there are plenty.  Wage growth alone is a very significant measure, along with business and consumer confidence.  Oh and over 50 all time stock market highs in his first 2 years.

So it's all different people making the numbers now?   GDP still hasn't made 3%.  per year.  Consumer confidence would absolutely go up because millions of people like you cried and complained about debt, deficit, golfing, and basically everything Obama did now stand silent and even cheer as the debt goes up the deficit goes up, Trump golfs more and spent more doing so already than Obama did in 8 years.   Yes the tax breaks and increased spending have pushed the economy forward and did the same for the debt and deficit, but that doesn't matter anymore.

Just now, 1jkw said:

So it's all different people making the numbers now?   GDP still hasn't made 3%.  per year.  Consumer confidence would absolutely go up because millions of people like you cried and complained about debt, deficit, golfing, and basically everything Obama did now stand silent and even cheer as the debt goes up the deficit goes up, Trump golfs more and spent more doing so already than Obama did in 8 years.   Yes the tax breaks and increased spending have pushed the economy forward and did the same for the debt and deficit, but that doesn't matter anymore.

Your life is better under Trump. Just be a man and suck it the fuck up. :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

From my perspective its not the accuracy as much as what the media uses as the benchmark rate.   The U5 and U6 are much more useful in my book when looking at unemployment numbers.  Yes they do trend similar but what the govt and media use is not accurate from whats taken into account.   

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Your life is better under Trump. Just be a man and suck it the fuck up. :lmao:

My life has been great under every President as a matter of fact.  I made a far better killing in the market under Obama than Trump but have done well with Trump too. Put in a substantial amount in Oct. 2009 market went up about 10,000 points did very well just dumb luck but it worked out.

It's funny Erdogan just bitch slapped Trump and you never started a thread about how weak Turkey feels the President is to pull such a move.

9 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

My life has been great under every President as a matter of fact.  I made a far better killing in the market under Obama than Trump but have done well with Trump too. Put in a substantial amount in Oct. 2009 market went up about 10,000 points did very well just dumb luck but it worked out.

It's funny Erdogan just bitch slapped Trump and you never started a thread about how weak Turkey feels the President is to pull such a move.

The face you make when you shift the topic away from the topic at  hand:

my-shoulder-doesnt-hurt-but-my-face-does

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

From my perspective its not the accuracy as much as what the media uses as the benchmark rate.   The U5 and U6 are much more useful in my book when looking at unemployment numbers.  Yes they do trend similar but what the govt and media use is not accurate from whats taken into account.   

Like I always say, same as it ever was, people pick and choose what they like to believe.  It truly does amaze me though how a person can be in outrage or near tears, depending on the situation, and be completely the opposite  based  political affiliation. 

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

The face you make when you shift the topic away from the topic at  hand:

my-shoulder-doesnt-hurt-but-my-face-does

A meme, the thing you use when you have no other recourse.