Check your account email address ×

Where's Snot's 25k

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

We are talking about the SAME LENGTH track, the only difference being LUG HEIGHT. 

On a flat, hard plane. Every rotation of the taller-lugged track will move the sled further. Not by much, but it will be different. Therefore, a change in FINAL DRIVE RATIO. 

The outer circumference of the track is your TIRE. Simple as that. 

Does a 174" track have a greater outer circumference than a 121" track?  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

We are talking about the SAME LENGTH track, the only difference being LUG HEIGHT. 

On a flat, hard plane. Every rotation of the taller-lugged track will move the sled further. Not by much, but it will be different. Therefore, a change in FINAL DRIVE RATIO. 

The outer circumference of the track is your TIRE. Simple as that. 

You stupid fuck.    A taller lug track changes the tracks OD but they don't call it a longer track.    A 137 is a 137 no matter the lug height cause they are measured on the inner surface. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

He's easily the dumbest fucker on here.   All you have to do is watch the slow motion video I posted to see the track is the ground.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

LMAO!! With same size lugs, of course it does!!! OMG!!!! 

Why do you think they call it a 174, and not a 121????

Seriously, are you trollin' me tonight????

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

LMAO!! With same size lugs, of course it does!!! OMG!!!! 

Why do you think they call it a 174, and not a 121????

Seriously, are you trollin' me tonight????

You do realize that equal revolutions of the drive shaft doesn't mean equal revs of two different length tracks with the same pitch?   Without that its shows it doesn't act like a tire dumb fuck.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

You do realize that equal revolutions of the drive shaft doesn't mean equal revs of two different lengths with the same pitch?   Without that its shows it doesn't act like a tire dumb fuck.  

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! 

You're talkin' crazy talk!!

The HYPOTHETICAL question was:

ALL other factors being equal, does lug height affect FINAL DRIVE RATIO, on a flat, hard plane????  

That's the question, nothing else!!! You either wanna' bet, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!  

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!! 

You're talkin' crazy talk!!

The HYPOTHETICAL question was:

ALL other factors being equal, does lug height affect FINAL DRIVE RATIO, on a flat, hard plane????  

That's the question, nothing else!!! You either wanna' bet, or SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!  

You owe me 25k already

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You do realize that equal revolutions of the drive shaft doesn't mean equal revs of two different length tracks with the same pitch?   Without that its shows it doesn't act like a tire dumb fuck.  

The track is the FINAL component of the DRIVE TRAIN. Just like the TIRE is the final component of the car's drive train. EXACT same thing. 

23 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

The track is the FINAL component of the DRIVE TRAIN. Just like the TIRE is the final component of the car's drive train. EXACT same thing. 

Why don't sled mph calculators count lug height?

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I have a 10" drive sprocket on a 114" track with .5" lugs and a 10" drive sprocket on a 174" with 3" lugs, which track travels further after 1 revolution of the drive sprocket?

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

The track acts like the pavement.  The drive axle is the wheel.  The rear axle means absolutely nothing at all.  The rear axle has no bearing on the drive ratio of the sled.  That is officially the stupidest argument I have ever heard in my life.  

So Frankie.  Are you officially saying the rear axle diameter affects the drive ratio?  What The Fuck is wrong with you.  

I'm saying the track and lug add diameter to the rear axle of the sled, it also adds diameter to the driven axle

7 minutes ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

I'm saying the track and lug add diameter to the rear axle of the sled, it also adds diameter to the driven axle

So what happens if I hold the diameter of the drive sprocket constant and vary the diameter of the rear axle idlers?

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If I have a 10" drive sprocket on a 114" track with .5" lugs and a 10" drive sprocket on a 174" with 3" lugs, which track travels further after 1 revolution of the drive sprocket?

He simply cannot comprehend that question.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

So what happens if I hold the diameter of the drive sprocket constant and vary the diameter of the rear axle idlers?

Lugs on the track are the diameter variation you retarded know nothing fuck. Can't you see? The track acts like a wheel

1 minute ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

And the track and lugs add diameter to it, making the sled go farther

Again, if I have a 10" diameter drive sprocket on a track with a .5" lug and one with a 3" lug, which sled moves further with 1 revolution of the drive sprocket?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

The 3 inch

Wrong.

Have you ever watched a tracked rig or dozer move.  The track stays glued to the ground except maybe slight slippage.  Look down at the track of the dozer.  Imagine if the track had 6" grousers instead of 2" grousers.  The 6" grousers would give the dozer more traction but it would not make the dozer go any faster or further with one revolution of the drive axle.  

All you have to do is look at a tracked rig and this becomes simple to see.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

You stupid fuck.    A taller lug track changes the tracks OD but they don't call it a longer track.    A 137 is a 137 no matter the lug height cause they are measured on the inner surface. 

Who says I didn't agree with that, you fukkin' electrified dildo?????