Check your account email address ×

Richard Jewell...New Clint Eastwood Movie

Link doesn’t work?  But I remember the deal.  A shitload of hack news companies and media papers that destroyed his life with slander and libelous claims settled for undisclosed amounts but maintained that their reporting was nothing but the truth and fair and accurate.  :lol:

This was just a precursor to the corrupt, garbage that call themselves “news and journalists” we have today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Link doesn’t work?  But I remember the deal.  A shitload of hack news companies and media papers that destroyed his life with slander and libelous claims settled for undisclosed amounts but maintained that their reporting was nothing but the truth and fair and accurate.  :lol:

This was just a precursor to the corrupt, garbage that call themselves “news and journalists” we have today. 

funny no comment on the corruption inside the institutions that fed the media the script as truthful and accurate.

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

funny no comment on the corruption inside the institutions that fed the media the script as truthful and accurate.

I think he sued his employer(s) and past acquaintances for slander also.  Pretty sure he won those too.  Fuck, he sued the shit out of everybody and won them all...or most from what i remember.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

No shit...not surprised considering the source.

51 minutes ago, frenchy said:

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Looks good.   Should be required watching.  The media & police really did a number on him. 

:dunno:

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Yeah I remember when this happened, he got railroaded pretty bad. The media circus surrounding that was despicable.

Pretty bad?   It was horrific how LE and the media treated him.  

Investigation and the media[edit]

Early news reports lauded Jewell as a hero for helping to evacuate the area after he spotted the suspicious package. Three days later, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution revealed that the FBI was treating him as a possible suspect, based largely on a "lone bomber" criminal profile. For the next several weeks, the news media focused aggressively on him as the presumed culprit, labeling him with the ambiguous term "person of interest", sifting through his life to match a leaked "lone bomber" profile that the FBI had used. The media, to varying degrees, portrayed Jewell as a failed law enforcement officer who may have planted the bomb so he could "find" it and be a hero.[2]

A Justice Department investigation of the FBI's conduct found the FBI had tried to manipulate Jewell into waiving his constitutional rights, by telling him he was taking part in a training film about bomb detection, although the report concluded "no intentional violation of Mr. Jewell's civil rights and no criminal misconduct" had taken place.[6][7][8]

In a reference to the Unabomber, Jay Leno called him the "Una-doofus".[9] Other references include "Una-Bubba,"[10] and (of his mother) "Una-Mama." Jewell was never officially charged, but the FBI thoroughly and publicly searched his home twice, questioned his associates, investigated his background, and maintained 24-hour surveillance of him. The pressure only began to ease after Jewell's attorneys hired an ex-FBI agent to administer a polygraph which Jewell reportedly passed.[2]

In October 1996, the investigating US Attorney, Kent Alexander, in an extremely unusual act, sent Jewell a letter formally clearing him, stating "based on the evidence developed to date ... Richard Jewell is not considered a target of the federal criminal investigation into the bombing on July 27, 1996, at Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta".[1

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That looks like it may be a good one.  It's crazy what the FBI can do to someone if they want.  

Its crazy that anyone says anything to them if they are being investigated.   Even if they ask if you are guilty and you say no they can come back and charge you with false statements if found guilty.   The idea of not self incriminating oneself should go beyond the right to remain silent in my book.   I have no problem with purjury or other charges when under oath but it should be my right to mislead the govt under normal questioning when it comes to investigations into me.     

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Its crazy that anyone says anything to them if they are being investigated.   Even if they ask if you are guilty and you say no they can come back and charge you with false statements if found guilty.   The idea of not self incriminating oneself should go beyond the right to remain silent in my book.   I have no problem with purjury or other charges when under oath but it should be my right to mislead the govt under normal questioning when it comes to investigations into me.     

They can lie to you under the very same circumstance.. 

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

They can lie to you under the very same circumstance.. 

Yep.   Shouldn't be one without the other.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Going through some shit with my son right now.  Our lawyer is a former prosecutor., Knows all the bullshit the police pull. First thing he said. They don’t care about what the truth is.  They are going to lie to you to try and make you change your story.  Even though we have a pile of evidence and one look you can clearly tell it is not him in the video.  The lawyer is not letting him go anywhere near a  police officer.  

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Going through some shit with my son right now.  Our lawyer is a former prosecutor., Knows all the bullshit the police pull. First thing he said. They don’t care about what the truth is.  They are going to lie to you to try and make you change your story.  Even though we have a pile of evidence and one look you can clearly tell it is not him in the video.  The lawyer is not letting him go anywhere near a  police officer.  

Well at least with local LE lying to them is not a crime.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well at least with local LE lying to them is not a crime.  

You don’t really give any thought to how corrupt the system is until you are in it.  No such thing as innocent until proven guilty. 
Lazy fuckers don’t care about the truth, just hanging someone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You don’t really give any thought to how corrupt the system is until you are in it.  No such thing as innocent until proven guilty. 
Lazy fuckers don’t care about the truth, just hanging someone. 

Always record.

Always.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

Always record.

Always.

Always have an attorney, to. 

I learned the hard way, when I was a young guy.  Being innocent of what you are charged with means nothing.  More reason you get your ass a lawyer. I don’t care how small of an issue it is.  You let your lawyer talk to the police.