Check your account email address ×

Anyone have a new dishwasher..

Snake

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

miele midrage for dish speed queen for clothes . anything else is temporary shit to get you by till you 're back at best buy again buying China shit 

How old is your speed queen. They last a long time in Laundry mats.  I tried to talk my wife into a speed queen W/D set back in ‘98 when we bought the maytag neptunes. She said no way, they look hideous.  They are definitely pretty primitive compared to a modern washer/dryer  

Our Maytags have been virtually flawless. Not once single issue for the dryer in 21 years and only a couple small issues that were easy to fix on the washer.   

A lot of the performance issues nowadays come from a focus on decibel reduction more so than water savings.  Ever notice every retail display sign as you walk down the isle proudly boasts this number?  Then as you read consumer reports and are able to correlate the quieter machines as having lower marks for getting dishes clean.  

5 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

A lot of the performance issues nowadays come from a focus on decibel reduction more so than water savings.  Ever notice every retail display sign as you walk down the isle proudly boasts this number?  Then as you read consumer reports and are able to correlate the quieter machines as having lower marks for getting dishes clean.  

At just 45db you can barely even hear the Fisher Paykel run.  Our coffee pot makes more noise than the dish washer.  It does an excellent job of cleaning IMO.  

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Love our Bosch.   Wouldn't own anything else.   

They are supposed to be the best, at least that's what the customer reviews say.   Not so much for the FP.  

Edited by AKIQPilot

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I have zero complaints about mine. Maybe the cost? 

Yeah, bit pricey but cleans extraordinarily well and almost can't hear it.  Cycles are pretty long but that doesn't matter much anymore when its only the wife and I.  

I have no idea how ours works.  Never saw a dirty dish go in there .  Wife scrubs them clean and then puts them in washer. 

If the shit breaks them I get involved. My wife handles all the house crap. I don’t care what she buys. 25 years and I have never so much as hung a picture , I bought. Some guys like that and have to be involved in every decision. 

22 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

How old is your speed queen. They last a long time in Laundry mats.  I tried to talk my wife into a speed queen W/D set back in ‘98 when we bought the maytag neptunes. She said no way, they look hideous.  They are definitely pretty primitive compared to a modern washer/dryer  

Our Maytags have been virtually flawless. Not once single issue for the dryer in 21 years and only a couple small issues that were easy to fix on the washer.   

my set is prob 10 yrs .

I have 4 in rentals that get a shit load of use they are 12 yrs and 8 yrs . .

I tell all my customers to get them also . not pretty but almost no diff in consumer models and commercial. 

the new appliances are mostly all total shit . I am at appliance warehouse places a few times a yr and am always shocked at the massive piles of appliances less than 5 yrs old on there way to the recycling yard .

I have a old like 35yrs or better Kenmore washer/dry set in a duplex that has had less than 100 in parts between them in 20 yrs .again I say new stuff 90% junk anything 15 yrs or older best to get it fixed because you will be massive disappointed with its lack of life .

another thing GE refrigerators have computers that go to shit and when they do the h20 starts overflowing icemaker . at least 1 call a yr about buckled  floors always a ge refrigerator involved 

The Kitchen-Aid at my parents house is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen.  Dishes will actually come out dirtier then they went in.  

Glasses will be covered with the stuff from the plate, etc.  

Plus it is eating itself alive with stuff just melting away.