Check your account email address ×

The pinnacle of sporting Icon

f7ben

The Great One ..... #99

Loved every second of watching him play and now listening to his interview and his perspective and hearing him reflect on his life ....what a class act. There is no contest  ......

Greatest of all time , any sport...no contest

• Like 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The Great One ..... #99

Loved every second of watching him play and now listening to his interview and his perspective and hearing him reflect on his life ....what a class act. There is no contest  ......

Greatest of all time , any sport...no contest

Gordie Howe and Arnold Palmer are right there as well.

3 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Gordie Howe and Arnold Palmer are right there as well.

There are a lot of guys who are right there for sure ....a lot. But there is only one Great One

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There are a lot of guys who are right there for sure ....a lot. But there is only one Great One

Waynes old man is a hell of a man as well....I met him at the mall in Waynes hometown of Brantford Ontario when i was there with my son quite a few yrs ago...wayne was playing for the rangers i believe...anyway my son went over to him and started talking to him....next thing I know Walters leaving the mall.....well he went all the way home and came back with a wayne gretzky signed picture for my son....made his day and mine too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

Waynes old man is a hell of a man as well....I met him at the mall in Waynes hometown of Brantford Ontario when i was there with my son quite a few yrs ago...wayne was playing for the rangers i believe...anyway my son went over to him and started talking to him....next thing I know Walters leaving the mall.....well he went all the way home and came back with a wayne gretzky signed picture for my son....made his day and mine too.

wow , that is awesome. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I just like the fact he played awesome, and never instigated anything.  

I agree but he played in an era when guys like him were untouchable...now Sidney Crosby on the other hand......instigates and turtles.

Edited by Biggie Smails
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I agree but he played in an era when guys like him were untouchable...now Sidney Crosby on the other hand......instigates and turtles.

Not true....he had Semenko protecting him if you tried....and Mcsorly later on.

42 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

He was awesome at offense but way too much of a pussy for me to ever idolize. Players like Howe and Orr I like better 

Orr was no different then Gretzky

Wayne Gretzky is the greatest of his era. Not necessarily the greatest ever to play the game. The game he played was much different that how it was when Gordie Howe played. Just the same as its a different game being played today