Check your account email address ×

Scientists selling Great Lakes snake oil

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

Only a fool believes that man is the sole cause for climate change. 

58 minutes ago, Anler said:

They were 3 or 4 feet low just a few years ago

climate21.jpg

climin1.jpg

1 hour ago, Anler said:

They were 3 or 4 feet low just a few years ago

Look at the charts in the video. Looks like a roller coaster ride.

Just now, Edmo said:

Look at the charts in the video. Looks like a roller coaster ride.

I remember because I went bow fishing with some friends in the canal and when we went thru the locks the top of the wall was about 6' higher then we were. 

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Some more Ice burgs broke away today.

Very cool, but I bet there was more than one pair of soiled underwear in that group of kayakers.  https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Narrow-miss-Pictured-Rocks-cliff-falls-very-close-to-kayak-tour-540554001.html

8 hours ago, irv said:

Very cool, but I bet there was more than one pair of soiled underwear in that group of kayakers.  https://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/Narrow-miss-Pictured-Rocks-cliff-falls-very-close-to-kayak-tour-540554001.html

Yeah but, those drawers were soiled before they put to water.

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2019 at 1:07 PM, Anler said:

I remember because I went bow fishing with some friends in the canal and when we went thru the locks the top of the wall was about 6' higher then we were. 

I was looking at homes on canals off lake St. Clair in the late 80’s and everyone had sand bags in their yard. A few years later the water was so low they couldn’t get the boats through the canal. This is not a new phenomena. It’s always been up and down.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, irv said:

I won’t go to picture rocks anymore. So many tourists and the shore line is clogged with rental kayaks. They are fetching $300 to rent one for four hours. I have a neighbor with a plane that loves to shoot photos over there. They dont do it much anymore, only when the lake is real rough. If they fly over there when it’s nice,they can’t get a good pic with out a 1000 Tupperware boats in the back ground. As a matter of fact, I won’t snowmobile over there either. It’s become the eagleriver of the UP.

• Like 1