Check your account email address ×

Second Quarter GDP

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

2% is still better than Obama ever did

Well not really, but that isn't the point.  Not to mention the revised 2018 GDP.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Well not really, but that isn't the point.  Not to mention the revised 2018 GDP.

Obama never exceeded 1% if you subtract QE

Sorry

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

How come no one  mentioned the 2019 2nd quarter GDP?  3 different people started threads about 1st quarter GDP, what changed?

bad news is ignored by the same people who motherfucked obama everytime his numbers were light

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

No it didnt......when did the fed start to unwind the balance sheet?

October 2018, it was 4.5 trillion at that time, as of July 8 2019 it was 4.3 trillion. So in reality there is still 4.3 trillion of QE in effect, although that number will decrease over time.

The deficit was 779 billion in October 2018 it is now 1 trillion 34 billion.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

bad news is ignored by the same people who motherfucked obama everytime his numbers were light

Yes, and no one mentioned 2018 GDP was revised down, nor did they start a thread about how the Fed. is in the tank for Trump by giving false numbers.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

October 2018, it was 4.5 trillion at that time, as of July 8 2019 it was 4.3 trillion. So in reality there is still 4.3 trillion of QE in effect, although that number will decrease over time.

Get to work Bhen! 

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, 1jkw said:

So what your saying is Obama got an injection of 4 trillion dollars over his first 6 years and then the fed maintained that balance sheet while also keeping rates near zero.

Trump saw zero QE while the fed also unwound 5% of their balance sheet creating a headwind......while also raising rates 4 times.

So.....like I said. Obamas pathetic growth was entirely synthesized by a dovish fed and Trump who actually created some real demand had nothing but opposition from the central bank.

I'm no Trumo supporter but Obama's policies were abysmal. He created zero confidence and the over regulation had a stifling effect on all industry. 

Edited by f7ben

18 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So what your saying is Obama got an injection of 4 trillion dollars over his first 6 years and then the fed maintained that balance sheet while also keeping rates near zero.

Trump saw zero QE while the fed also unwound 5% of their balance sheet creating a headwind......while also raising rates 4 times.

So.....like I said. Obamas pathetic growth was entirely synthesized by a dovish fed and Trump who actually created some real demand had nothing but opposition from the central bank.

I'm no Trumo supporter but Obama's policies were abysmal. He created zero confidence and the over regulation had a stifling effect on all industry. 

Trump increased spending. 

Just now, Anler said:

Trump increased spending. 

Absolutely .....hes an abject failure. Trumps increased spending doesnt account for even 10% of the increase in GDP though

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It was actually 4.5 trillion,  and you can't even begin to compare the condition of the US and World Economies during Obama's first six years and the last two as both economies recovered.

Trump saw zero QE, but inherited the longest Bull Market, and economic growth in history, and record Emerging Markets. Couple that with tax cuts and huge increases in Federal spending, should certainly help offset the balance sheet head wind----------the rates were raised in response to inflation and strengthening World Economy.  { as they are going to lower them now due to low inflation and slowing WE.}

I agree on the confidence thing to a point. Remember the tea party, the lowering of the credit rating, the fake job numbers, where are all those people now ?

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

It was actually 4.5 trillion,  and you can't even begin to compare the condition of the US and World Economies during Obama's first six years and the last two as both economies recovered.

Trump saw zero QE, but inherited the longest Bull Market, and economic growth in history, and record Emerging Markets. Couple that with tax cuts and huge increases in Federal spending, should certainly help offset the balance sheet head wind----------the rates were raised in response to inflation and strengthening World Economy.  { as they are going to lower them now due to low inflation and slowing WE.}

I agree on the confidence thing to a point. Remember the tea party, the lowering of the credit rating, the fake job numbers, where are all those people now ?

All those people were worthless racist hypocrite pieces of shit and they are gone now.

I'm not comparing what Trump inherited vs Obama. 

I'm simply saying there is a reason the economy and markets absolutely exploded when Trump took office. Hes good for business. 

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

All those people were worthless racist hypocrite pieces of shit and they are gone now.

I'm not comparing what Trump inherited vs Obama. 

I'm simply saying there is a reason the economy and markets absolutely exploded when Trump took office. Hes good for business. 

On the last sentence, much of the increase in sentiment was suddenly the millions and millions of wolfies and snakes were 100% turned around in their attitudes,  there was a big rush to get product ahead of the tariffs that boosted the economy also.  As for the market it has exploded due tax cuts increased spending and it has already factored in rate cuts, the market is so far over priced in many areas its crazy.  I listen to at least an hour a day to economic news and read WSJ and Bloom articles every day, they say we have machines making trades, companies with lots of debt and low earnings trading very high companies with solid base, good earnings trading lower than they should, doesn't make any sense.