Check your account email address ×

Article sums up all Corvette issues nicely

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2014-2019-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-c7-retrospective/

The Z06's livability evaporates on track, where it reveals itself to be a bit of a handling disgrace. The Z06 turns in just fine and then transitions to explosive mid-corner oversteer. This mother isn't happy until you're at full opposite lock, puckered to the point of Preparation H Code Red." 

Its figure-eight times were actually slower than the Z06's. Not only was it difficult to put down the power, but the ZR1 was also twitchier than other Corvettes and could oversteer in an instant.

Midcorner grip is great, then exiting, the tail walks (using third gear). It steps out in a digital way—just pops out a notch very quickly, and you have to respond very modestly to it to avoid a 'tank slapper.' 

"The front obeys, but I never, ever trust the rear." 

The car is outrageously good at so much and comes tantalizingly close to providing supercar performance. Just find the secret to calming that hyperactive rear end in the lower gears, 

Chevrolet has reached the limit of what a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive sports car can do. To improve from here, it would either need to add all-wheel drive or switch to a mid-engine layout.

Gearing is tilted toward lower gearing in the ZO6 so, it can get loose out of the apex.  Some softer/wider tread makes a big difference.  I never swapped tread on mine but many did.  I drove a few...a lot stickier.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What are you talking about?

Duntov tried it in the 60’s 

all wheel drive corvette

thats what I’m talking about 

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gearing is tilted toward lower gearing in the ZO6 so, it can get loose out of the apex.  Some softer/wider tread makes a big difference.  I never swapped tread on mine but many did.  I drove a few...a lot stickier.

It's not the tendency to oversteer.....its how little warning they give you,  how violent the oversteer is......and how incredibly easy it is to overcorrect a d have it swap ends on you before you knew what happened.

The comments I linked up are from professional drivers.....guys like you a d I stand zero chance trying to push these cars to the edge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

all wheel drive corvette

That was a long time ago....

1 minute ago, Pete said:

all wheel drive corvette

Ahhh....ok. Well....its the year 2019 and the fastest street cars in the world are all awd now a d the vette will be soon also

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ahhh....ok. Well....its the year 2019 and the fastest street cars in the world are all awd now a d the vette will be soon also

Yes, quite possibly 

Just now, f7ben said:

It's not the tendency to oversteer.....its how little warning they give you,  how violent the oversteer is......and how incredibly easy it is to overcorrect a d have it swap ends on you before you knew what happened.

The comments I linked up are from professional drivers.....guys like you a d I stand zero chance trying to push these cars to the edge.

I’ve still slid mine around on the track before.  Gotta use tender feet when R’s are up in 2nd or 3rd.

Any stock performance car has its issues on the track.  That’s why some start to really modify them for track alone.  My last I did a lot of suspension work and dropped it a couple inches.  Made a world of difference but, made it ride like a go cart on city streets and scraped even the slightest inclines or variations.  Made my kidneys scream on one streets!  :lol:

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve still slid mine around on the track before.  Gotta use tender feet when R’s are up in 2nd or 3rd.

Any stock performance car has its issues on the track.  That’s why some start to really modify them for track alone.  My last I did a lot of suspension work and dropped it a couple inches.  Made a world of difference but, made it ride like a go cart on city streets and scraped even the slightest inclines or variations.  Made my kidneys scream on one streets!  :lol:

The vette is a perfect track car.....it doesnt matter if you slide off into the sand and grass 100x trying to get ahold of the cars tendencies and how to correct for them. All I've ever said is they are terrible street cars to be driven in a spirited manner. They get 100x worse when you add big power

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Also, changing rear tire tread compound and height changes the final gear ratio..

Ben, you faggot, where's my five Gs!!!!

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

like this one. lol 

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A track is not a tire you brain dead fucking moron. Pay me my 25k usd

It's the final rotating component of the drive train.

Where's my check???? 

2 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

It's the final rotating component of the drive train.

Where's my check???? 

No....its not. The driver is. Now pay up you stupid fuck

Just now, f7ben said:

No....its not. The driver is. Now pay up you stupid fuck

I never called you stoopid before. Guess what, now I am calling you stoopid. You're Polish, right????  

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

I never called you stoopid before. Guess what, now I am calling you stoopid. You're Polish, right????  

You owe me 25k usd

33 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Ben, you faggot, where's my five Gs!!!!

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A track is not a tire you brain dead fucking moron. Pay me my 25k usd

It was a joke you retards.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was a joke you retards.

He bet me on two occasions that a taller lug changes the drive ratio and that a sled with a taller lug will travel further with one rotation of the clutch than a short lug track. 

Hes literally that fucking dumb a d he owes me 25k usd

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

He bet me on two occasions that a taller lug changes the drive ratio and that a sled with a taller lug will travel further with one rotation of the clutch than a short lug track. 

Hes literally that fucking dumb a d he owes me 25k usd

I am aware.  He was wrong.  Sorry 550....pony up!

A track lug length/height WILL NOT change the “final gear ratio”.  

I.e  Neal’s “lug flick”theory = bullshit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, f7ben said:

Randy Pobst said the exact same thing about the car. During his test drive he said don’t try this at home. It took every ounce of his talent to keep the car out if the pickers.