Check your account email address ×

Trump is now selling his own plastic straws because 'liberal paper straws don't work'

• Gold Member

If I don’t have to pay for the gas or diesel I usually just unscrew the lid of these California gas cans all together and just pour away.  Some spillage but oh well no biggie.

Edited by BOHICA

1 hour ago, irv said:

This kit or something different? I only want/need the small end vent pieces like the old school gas cans like is shown in this pic.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Spout-Water-Update-Your/dp/B00CYNDNM8

Vent gas.jpg

Yes sir ...although the white one seems to be a little longer spout than I like (have one on a can now). Ordered a 2 pack of blacks ones that appear to be a bit shorter - still in the unopened package on the work bench though.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I just took a 5 gallon and a 2.5 one to the dump last week! Both were pretty old/dated/semi brittle so I no longer trusted them but I had no idea they were going for this kind of money? Both of mine were both missing the front and rear spout/coupler and vents, however.

34 minutes ago, irv said:

I just took a 5 gallon and a 2.5 one to the dump last week! Both were pretty old/dated/semi brittle so I no longer trusted them but I had no idea they were going for this kind of money? Both of mine were both missing the front and rear spout/coupler and vents, however.

Still can buy replacement pieces for them too

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'll check that out. On my way to a jobber store so I'll look while I am there. :bc:

1 hour ago, Pete said:

1 hour ago, irv said:

I'll check that out. On my way to a jobber store so I'll look while I am there. :bc:

Just got back from CDN Tire and although I didn't find any replacement vent valves, I did notice all the 5.3 & 6.6 Gallon gas cans have the vent valves back in them just like the old days.

If mine weren't still fairly new and in great shape, I would have purchased 2 but decided to purchase some stubby valve stems to try this trick when my cans are empty and dry. Skip to the 3:15 mark if you like? Never seen these type of gas cans up here. (at the start)

5 minutes ago, irv said:

Just got back from CDN Tire and although I didn't find any replacement vent valves, I did notice all the 5.3 & 6.6 Gallon gas cans have the vent valves back in them just like the old days.

If mine weren't still fairly new and in great shape, I would have purchased 2 but decided to purchase some stubby valve stems to try this trick when my cans are empty and dry. Skip to the 3:15 mark if you like? Never seen these type of gas cans up here. (at the start)

Hey I like that method. Just keep an eye on the rubber as today’s gas may deteriorate it quickly 

Just now, Pete said:

Hey I like that method. Just keep an eye on the rubber as today’s gas may deteriorate it quickly 

Good Point! :bc:

9 hours ago, irv said:

This kit or something different? I only want/need the small end vent pieces like the old school gas cans like is shown in this pic.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Spout-Water-Update-Your/dp/B00CYNDNM8

Vent gas.jpg

get the wide mouth version for things like sleds,  that spouts good for cars or smaller tanks.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

get the wide mouth version for things like sleds,  that spouts good for cars or smaller tanks.  

I'm referring to the vent only. I have 2 types of spouts but normally use the shaker hose if I am filling my sleds in the garage. This still works great, imo, but just setting the 5 gals on the seat with a shaker hose is much easier. :bc:

spout.jpg