Check your account email address ×

De-investing in America.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Interesting.  Things are continuing to cool.  The next 6 months could get fairly crazy.  The only thing stopping a big correction is a trade deal with China.  

How much have company stock buy backs financed through corporate loans contributed to the rise in market valuation? 

Stock market is a shell game right now. China only has $1.1 trillion in US paper because the dumped $3trillion a few years back. So did Russia. Probably a really good reason we are all hell bent on stealing the oil in Iran and Venezuela and regime change in Syria. They need the petro dollars. 

I have also been following bitcoin (my kid does actually) and it has been moving up. They are predicting it to explode in the next year possibly over $100k. With the US dollar teetering on a razor blade that makes sense now. Cryptos are lining up to make the US dollar obsolete.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

How much have company stock buy backs financed through corporate loans contributed to the rise in market valuation? 

The company that I was working for would buy back stock with free cash on hand (not borrowed money) as they feel the company is worth more than the stock value. It does not increase the stock price or reduce the total number of shares. It is a financial decision that it adds more value to the company with that strategy, rather than using the extra free cash to pay down debt.

7 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What I said would happen. China has pulled way back in investing in the US.

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We have complained for years that they own too much of our country.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What I said would happen. China has pulled way back in investing in the US.

Just US debt, they have been very active in buying up US companies. Also concerning. 

59 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I don't really have any idea.  

I don’t either. But corporate debt is pretty jacked right now and there’s lots of buybacks occurring. CEO’s always get some nice bonuses when buybacks occur. 

46 minutes ago, Anler said:

Stock market is a shell game right now. China only has $1.1 trillion in US paper because the dumped $3trillion a few years back. So did Russia. Probably a really good reason we are all hell bent on stealing the oil in Iran and Venezuela and regime change in Syria. They need the petro dollars. 

I have also been following bitcoin (my kid does actually) and it has been moving up. They are predicting it to explode in the next year possibly over $100k. With the US dollar teetering on a razor blade that makes sense now. Cryptos are lining up to make the US dollar obsolete.

You might be better off to short Bitcoin.  Looks at Bhen.:lol:

If your waiting for a sure bet, you won't find it.  Bitcoin was great when the only ones touching it were investors with balls.  

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You might be better off to short Bitcoin.  Looks at Bhen.:lol:

If your waiting for a sure bet, you won't find it.  Bitcoin was great when the only ones touching it were investors with balls.  

It has defied all expert predictions. According to them it should have died 8 years ago. Its up $4,000 since april. Its got nothing to do with balls now, its SCIENCE!!!1111

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

It has defied all expert predictions. According to them it should have died 8 years ago. Its up $4,000 since april. Its got nothing to do with balls now, its SCIENCE!!!1111

Seems every day the markets defy all expert predictions.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yet down $10,000 from it's all time high.

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Yet down $10,000 from it's all time high.

I know! But its moving back up! With all of the looming shit going on in the world its gonna go up bigly from here!

• 1 month later...