Check your account email address ×

Anyone here with cats

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Successfully or attempted to train your cat to use the toilet? I so sick of litter box cleaning, smells, buying litter, the mess, etc.

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/should-you-train-your-cat-to-use-the-toilet

I wish but never really tried either. Mine is indoor / outdoor so most of it ends up somewhere outside but still. I'm going to stop buying cat food since the little fucker eats the dog food. My German Shepard is like WTF

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

I wish but never really tried either. Mine is indoor / outdoor so most of it ends up somewhere outside but still. I'm going to stop buying cat food since the little fucker eats the dog food. My German Shepard is like WTF

Mine eats the dogs food too! :lol:i quit buying cat food a while back.

She's a pretty good cat, as far as cats go... I guess...

I don't like things that shit in my house, she's super tiny (her mother was only 5lb full grown, last vet appointment she was 4.8lb) so I'm worried about putting her outside for the day while I'm gone, damn pigeon could haul her off. We have bears coyotes Hawks eagles etc. :dunno:

Just now, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Mine eats the dogs food too! :lol:i quit buying cat food a while back.

She's a pretty good cat, as far as cats go... I guess...

I don't like things that shit in my house, she's super tiny (her mother was only 5lb full grown, last vet appointment she was 4.8lb) so I'm worried about putting her outside for the day while I'm gone, damn pigeon could haul her off. We have bears coyotes Hawks eagles etc. :dunno:

Yeah might want to keep her indoors then. LOL Mine is maybe 10 pounds but used to run up and down the mountains chasing wild turkeys etc when I lived in Idaho. That nasty stench of cat pee is nauseous so I have a covered litter box and air cleaner in the room so as long as I change it somewhat regularly it isn't bad. Only when I lift the lid  :lol: 

I used to have an air ionizer that got rid of any smell but then my house always smelled like I had an indoor pool. It gives off ozone or something and apparently isn't healthy for pets to run all the time. Worked fantastic though

14 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Successfully or attempted to train your cat to use the toilet? I so sick of litter box cleaning, smells, buying litter, the mess, etc.

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/should-you-train-your-cat-to-use-the-toilet

I never tried to do the toilet thing myself but my parents have with their Siamese cats.  He rigged up some small litter box contraption that sat under the toilet seat for a few weeks then got rid of it.  He said it was messy as first because they kicked litter everywhere.  Probably worth a try.

It worked for a while but they apparently preferred the cat box so, it went back to that.  My dad says every now and then he’ll catch one on the shitter dropping a deuce. :lmao:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

We have 2 indoor cars, and a kitty door to the basement and 4 litter boxes in the furnace room.  Thank god the wife maintains them. No smell though

Ours is in the basement, luckily I do do much with it, no smell upstairs. But when I go into my workshop it has a bit of an odor..."HONEY!!!"

We have a kitty door to the garage where the litter boxes are.  Don't want those in the house either.  Only slight problem is they like to bring friends in the house to play.  I'll rather deal with a bird, snake, chipmunk, baby rabbit, or mouse instead of the litter.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

We have a kitty door to the garage where the litter boxes are.  Don't want those in the house either.  Only slight problem is they like to bring friends in the house to play.  I'll rather deal with a bird, snake, chipmunk, baby rabbit, or mouse instead of the litter.  

Mine brings dismembered carcasses into the garage and just leaves them there in a puddle of blood. Guess he's bringing me a trophy  :lol: 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

Mine brings dismembered carcasses into the garage and just leaves them there in a puddle of blood. Guess he's bringing me a trophy  :lol: 

Yea, cats are great! One of my previous cats would do that, but always missing the head and at the door on the front porch. :lol:  My wife sure misses that old guy.  Those weren't a trophy as much as sharing with you.  Probably wondered why you didn't dig in right away!  :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

MIne refuses to go indoors unless left home alone for a few days. Even when its 0 degrees he goes outside.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

We have a kitty door to the garage where the litter boxes are.

I would totally do that, but the garage is detached.

4 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

Easier to just get rid of the cat and live a happier life

RUDE!   The cat isnt that much of an inconvenience, just looking for a better option. jackass.

17 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

MIne refuses to go indoors unless left home alone for a few days. Even when its 0 degrees he goes outside.

When I was in HS my cat would meow to be let out to go the bathroom.  We didn't even have a littler box.  In the winter, he'd keep an eye on you to make sure you didn't leave the door to let him back in.  If you even started  to shut the door, he'd meow at me to let me know he's coming, just wait a second.  He'd go in the snow on the deck and when spring came along, there were 50 loads exposed on the deck. :/ :lmao: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

When I was in HS my cat would meow to be let out to go the bathroom.  We didn't even have a littler box.  In the winter, he'd keep an eye on you to make sure you didn't leave the door to let him back in.  If you even started  to shut the door, he'd meow at me to let me know he's coming, just wait a second.  He'd go in the snow on the deck and when spring came along, there were 50 loads exposed on the deck. :/ :lmao: 

I wish mine would do that. Let her out with the dogs (then she would have bodyguards) let them back in after they're done. Did you train it to do that? 

Edit: Maybe she would, she's always standing at the door with the pups when i let them out, just not sure if she's smart enough to come back with them...

Edited by Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I wish mine would do that. Let her out with the dogs (then she would have bodyguards) let them back in after they're done. Did you train it to do that? 

Sort of...  We just started to put him out a couple times a day, and he just caught on. :bc:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Edit: Maybe she would, she's always standing at the door with the pups when i let them out, just not sure if she's smart enough to come back with them...

MIne goes out with the dog and when the dog ditches him I put the dog back out and tell him " go get will" 5 minutes later he is scratching on the door and has the cat with him.

• Thanks 1