Check your account email address ×

Fu***** Russian Hackers!!!!!!!!111!!!!!

ckf

The bastards hacked my mail email account. They are using it to send spam mail all over the world. My passwords are pretty good on stuff like that so I'm not sure how they got it. I'm running a scan on my laptop now, but I think it may have been from my phone. I just added the email account to my phone about a week before I started getting mail warning messages from my server.

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Meuller is on to you!!

Neal

Computer came back clean. The only other thing it could be is an app on the phone, or they used a password cracker?

9 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

How do you know they are using your account to send mail, are the emails in the sent mail?

Neal

I got the failed delivery warnings and I also have the server set to send me a message when an account attempts to send more than 100 emails at a time.  The source code shows that they used the password.

Here's what they were sending.

image.png

13 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Is it ok to call you Sonia now as well?  :P

Neal

You would have a hard time keeping up. They use a different name for each email

image.png

The only other thing I can think of is they hacked WP (WordPress) and inserted a script to send email. I did quickly scan the WP files but didn't see anything that stood out.

3 minutes ago, ckf said:

The only other thing I can think of is they hacked WP (WordPress) and inserted a script to send email. I did quickly scan the WP files but didn't see anything that stood out.

I would imagine it was simply a crawler on that got your domain and used common first names with it and emailed from that.

Neal

57 minutes ago, ckf said:

The bastards hacked my mail email account. They are using it to send spam mail all over the world. My passwords are pretty good on stuff like that so I'm not sure how they got it. I'm running a scan on my laptop now, but I think it may have been from my phone. I just added the email account to my phone about a week before I started getting mail warning messages from my server.

Buzzfeed has the scoop!

5 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Damn, were you able to restore this account back ? or some fucker still has it ?

Changed the password and emptied the outgoing mail que on the server.

4 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I would imagine that is just the way that your address is getting into the spoofing automation.

It doesn't look to me like you were hacked, simply being spoofed for spam.

Neal

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I would imagine it was simply a crawler on that got your domain and used common first names with it and emailed from that.

Neal

How do I stop it?

16 minutes ago, ckf said:

What's that?

===
-auth_id john@nekwx.com
===

Password manager. I only know one password. All other accounts use a random character string password that is saved in LastPass. 

Nobody logs into my LastPass without the master password and then a code from my Google Two Factor authentication.

• Thanks 1