Check your account email address ×

Trump’s Tax Cut Won’t Power the Growth He Predicts, Officials Concede

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Inheritance tax dosnt affect old geezers. It affects the children.

True. But it’s still the wealth generated when someone wasn’t paying as much tax as the government was spending.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, revkevsdi said:

True. But it’s still the wealth generated when someone wasn’t paying as much tax as the government was spending.  

That's not the now dea dudes fault. Its the asshats in DC , many who he not only didn't vote for but may have even hated.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

up here it is 10 acres and saves thousands in tax $. Forest land is typically taxed at around $43 an acre instead of what ever the tax rate is in that town for what the land would sell for. And yes , it can be complicated. Many of those who don't qualify for it hate ( I don't qualify , but I like it ) as they say and it does , increase the amount they have to pay.

It is a strange thing, you have to go before the county commissioners , who rely on your taxes for their pay, to adjust your property tax.

I built a barn and had a carport put some years ago, when we got our taxes they more than doubled the actual cost of the buildings, I went in front of the commissioners and they refused any changes, even after I showed them the add and the bills for the buildings. I filed a lawsuit against the county, ( that's the next step) one day before hearing the chief tax assessor called me, said he wanted some info before the hearing, and said he didn't even want to discuss the carport, I told him I didn't care and that I would let the judge decide, he called back with in a half hour and lowered the assessment about 65%, I was hoping for maybe 20%.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

It is a strange thing, you have to go before the county commissioners , who rely on your taxes for their pay, to adjust your property tax.

I built a barn and had a carport put some years ago, when we got our taxes they more than doubled the actual cost of the buildings, I went in front of the commissioners and they refused any changes, even after I showed them the add and the bills for the buildings. I filed a lawsuit against the county, ( that's the next step) one day before hearing the chief tax assessor called me, said he wanted some info before the hearing, and said he didn't even want to discuss the carport, I told him I didn't care and that I would let the judge decide, he called back with in a half hour and lowered the assessment about 65%, I was hoping for maybe 20%.

We can file an abatement here if we disagree with the valuation. So they keep evaluations low and crank the shit out of the rate.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

We can file an abatement here if we disagree with the valuation. So they keep evaluations low and crank the shit out of the rate.

You pretty much need to go in front of the judge to get anywhere here, even then it's tough, the judge gets paid from the same pot.

29 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's not the now dea dudes fault. Its the asshats in DC , many who he not only didn't vote for but may have even hated.

He was voting or not.  He was part of it and he’s dead now anyway. 

7 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Stop it.  This just proves what it's come to for your failed party huddling together in a watertight room you've built...and left the water on.

Just because you aren't capable of formulating any thought on a solution is not any reason for me to "stop it"

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

You can find multiple lists on the internet.   But start with ACA, TARP, auto bailout, just to name a few.  All of those were riddled with fraud and wasteful spending.

Why is health insurance (ACA) wasteful?

As far as TARP (auto was part of TARP) goes the government loaned, invested, etc. $632B, and received back $740 billion as money returned and paid to Treasury as interest, dividends, fees or to repurchase their stock warrants. You call that wasteful spending, I call that a win for taxpayers and for all the folks who held onto there job because of it. https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

Edited by Mileage Psycho
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it was.  Why you no want me to like you?

Why are you still upset?  Is it a constant state?

Not in the slightest.  About the happiest guy I know.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

I don't hold your love for Trump against you, he has lots of people bullshitted.

Wut?  I don’t love Trump at all.  I don’t give a fuck about him.  He’s just the right person for the job that needed to be done.

THANKS OBAMA!!!!

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wut?  I don’t love Trump at all.  I don’t give a fuck about him.  He’s just the right person for the job that needed to be done.

THANKS OBAMA!!!!

You sure back his every move.    I think anyone could have spent as much as Trump.

1 minute ago, 1jkw said:

You sure back his every move.    I think anyone could have spent as much as Trump.

I don’t back it so much as I fight back the opposition forces.  We are in a correction period.  It cannot be turned back.  It won’t be.

I was hoping for the Dems to have something reasonable going by 2020 but, it looks like they just want Trunp again.

How bizarre.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t back it so much as I fight back the opposition forces.  We are in a correction period.  It cannot be turned back.  It won’t be.

I was hoping for the Dems to have something reasonable going by 2020 but, it looks like they just want Trunp again.

How bizarre.

Don't know what you think changed, all I see is the same old shit, just a loud mouth asshole shouting one thing and quietly doing another.

19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Don't know what you think changed, all I see is the same old shit, just a loud mouth asshole shouting one thing and quietly doing another.

What’s changed is the liberal realization that they aren’t the godsend they think they are.  They aren’t doing things for the “greater good” and they didn’t quiet down the masses by name calling and being their little social justice warriors.  

Reality, what has changed is the fascist movement they thought was going so swimmingly has collapsed.  

But, to your point, I can see why many still aren’t seeing it.  Again, Trump 2020.  It’s kind of a shame but, some people just don’t learn.  I will admit it though, I seriously enjoy so many feelings being just destroyed by his antics.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What’s changed is the liberal realization that they aren’t the godsend they think they are.  They aren’t doing things for the “greater good” and they didn’t quiet down the masses by name calling and being their little social justice warriors.  

Reality, what has changed is the fascist movement they thought was going so swimmingly has collapsed.  

But, to your point, I can see why many still aren’t seeing it.  Again, Trump 2020.  It’s kind of a shame but, some people just don’t learn.  I will admit it though, I seriously enjoy so many feelings being just destroyed by his antics.  

That may be your take, but the dems. took the house in a big way, held their ground on the shut down and Trump folded, never ever did I think they would stand their ground but they did.

If the economy is still doing well nobody will beat Trump, if it falters he'll get slaughtered.  Bottom line is nobody really cares about anything else.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

That may be your take, but the dems. took the house in a big way, held their ground on the shut down and Trump folded, never ever did I think they would stand their ground but they did.

If the economy is still doing well nobody will beat Trump, if it falters he'll get slaughtered.  Bottom line is nobody really cares about anything else.

The Dems taking back the house was WAY far from a. “Big way”.  The caving was idiotic by Trump but, he’s doing what we all figured he would about that.

This is more of a social movement pushback I’m talking about.  It’s happening.  There is no doubt.  Trump is simply following the easy path of less restrictive and stifling regulations to get economic growth.  It’s not that hard.  His push for way overdue tariffs will benefit also.

And we agree here: if this economy just stays healthy and he doesn’t start any more stupid wars, he’s in pretty easily in 2020.  That doesn’t mean I don’t want the Dems to try and right heir pathetic little dingy though.  Jesus, it’s idiot central ocer there and has been since their loss.  Then banning Fox from their primaries is the last sword they could have fallen on.  Dumb as hell.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The Dems taking back the house was WAY far from a. “Big way”.  The caving was idiotic by Trump but, he’s doing what we all figured he would about that.

This is more of a social movement pushback I’m talking about.  It’s happening.  There is no doubt.  Trump is simply following the easy path of less restrictive and stifling regulations to get economic growth.  It’s not that hard.  His push for way overdue tariffs will benefit also.

And we agree here: if this economy just stays healthy and he doesn’t start any more stupid wars, he’s in pretty easily in 2020.  That doesn’t mean I don’t want the Dems to try and right heir pathetic little dingy though.  Jesus, it’s idiot central ocer there and has been since their loss.  Then banning Fox from their primaries is the last sword they could have fallen on.  Dumb as hell.

Actually the dems. did win in a very big way, compare to other midterms, it ranks pretty high.

Yes he has made polluting air and water easier no doubt, he also is trying to make another financial collapse much easier. But don't worry when the water and the air need cleaning up the taxpayers will take care of it, when the banks fail taxpayers will take care of that too.

While I personally can't fault him for the tariffs, because I thought it was a good idea, hardly any top economists believe in tariffs as a remedy.  So far they have actually cost us, if they end up being a boom for the US in the future remains unknown , I hope they will but as of right now they have hurt us, and the trade deficit is higher with China than it was in the previous 8 years. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

Actually the dems. did win in a very big way, compare to other midterms, it ranks pretty high.

Yes he has made polluting air and water easier no doubt, he also is trying to make another financial collapse much easier. But don't worry when the water and the air need cleaning up the taxpayers will take care of it, when the banks fail taxpayers will take care of that too.

While I personally can't fault him for the tariffs, because I thought it was a good idea, hardly any top economists believe in tariffs as a remedy.  So far they have actually cost us, if they end up being a boom for the US in the future remains unknown , I hope they will but as of right now they have hurt us, and the trade deficit is higher with China than it was in the previous 8 years. 

Good Post :bc: 

3 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I hope you'll be able to sleep tonight.

I'll count Trump sheep if I can't.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Well, it was.  Why you no want me to like you?

Why are you still upset?  Is it a constant state?

I'm not in a popularity contest.

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

I'll count Trump sheep if I can't.

I'm not in a popularity contest.

Good one and yes, you are.  You just aren’t doing very well.  It’s not you though, it’s the sniveling losers you hang out with and defend all the time.  Eww...ain’t nobody got time for that.  :lol: