Check your account email address ×

So who’s buying Boeing stock?

• Platinum Contributing Member

This is how I approach this situation.

Buy say $10K.   There is a reasonable chance it goes up 10-12% in a short period of time.   Nice $1000-$1200 gain very quickly.

Now if it goes down a bit more or holds it won't for long.   Too many good fundamentals with Boeing.   Then it becomes a hold until it gets the gains I want then sell.  Yes their is a risk of a market correction in the meantime but this has short term win written all over it.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Rattling can be heard over jet engines?   Not sure I'm buying that testimony.

Its a wait and see for sure.  

When a jet engine experiences a compressor stall it can make some very loud sounds. Like rapid fire backfiring or rattling. That’s typically caused by poor air flow. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

When a jet engine experiences a compressor stall it can make some very loud sounds. Like rapid fire backfiring or rattling. That’s typically caused by poor air flow. 

Bird strike?   Did hear reports of smoke but not the rattling.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Bird strike?   Did hear reports of smoke but not the rattling.  

I would think that the other engine could’ve caught it. Poor air flow is also from low air speed. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I would think that the other engine could’ve caught it. Poor air flow is also from low air speed. 

There were talking today that if the computer sensed stall it possibly would drop the AoA too fast and an untrained pilot (simulator) might not be able to get it to recover.

Just have to wait and see.   I stick by if the FAA thought an issue they would have grounded them in the US.   One wonders if GB would have grounded an AirBus' with the same information and if the FAA done the same to one of theirs?

Edited by Highmark

There have been approx 500 deaths in the last year from commercial airline crashes. 2/3 are from the Boeing Max. 

3 out of five incidences appear to be Boeing aircraft. But they probably make 60% of the planes.  

However having two new planes go down sure looks like an issue. 

I’m sure if Boeing is at fault, Trump will protect the airline for the right compensation. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

There were talking today that if the computer sensed stall it possibly would drop the AoA too fast and an untrained pilot (simulator) might not be able to get it to recover.

Just have to wait and see.   I stick by if the FAA thought an issue they would have grounded them in the US.   One wonders if GB would have grounded an AirBus' with the same information and if the FAA done the same to one of theirs?

I doubt very much it has anything to do with Boeing vs airbus. Most airlines including British air and China have a good number of these planes. It costs a lot of cash to ground a plane. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Highmark said:

This is how I approach this situation.

Buy say $10K.   There is a reasonable chance it goes up 10-12% in a short period of time.   Nice $1000-$1200 gain very quickly.

Now if it goes down a bit more or holds it won't for long.   Too many good fundamentals with Boeing.   Then it becomes a hold until it gets the gains I want then sell.  Yes their is a risk of a market correction in the meantime but this has short term win written all over it.  

Hmmmm

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Hmmmm

I did exactly as stated.   Its only down 8.3% since I got it and now it will be a longer term investment.   It actually was up prior to the recent correction.   Just not up enough to make it worth taking the gains.  I'm not worried about holding such a small amount in Boeing for a few years.  

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I did exactly as stated.   Its only down 8.3% since I got it and now it will be a longer term investment.   It actually was up prior to the recent correction.   Just not up enough to make it worth taking the gains.  I'm not worried about holding such a small amount in Boeing for a few years.  

They cut corners on safety and design, the result was a plane that needed computer intervention in order to take off.  Doesn't that seem counter intuitive when designing a plane?  In general one would think a plane should be designed to fly by stick first. 

Now their decisions leave them with 0 orders for their planes and the relatives of 500 dead people out for money, I'd think it will be a long recovery.  

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

They cut corners on safety and design, the result was a plane that needed computer intervention in order to take off.  Doesn't that seem counter intuitive when designing a plane?  In general one would think a plane should be designed to fly by stick first. 

Now their decisions leave them with 0 orders for their planes and the relatives of 500 dead people out for money, I'd think it will be a long recovery.  

You sound almost giddy.  Seems to be a thing with you, taking joy in these kinds of things.

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You sound almost giddy.  Seems to be a thing with you, taking joy in these kinds of things.

You seem not to give a shit that a corporation murdered 500 people for profits. 

19 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I have no worries about Boeing stock making a nice return in the next 2-5 years.  :bc:  

15 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

You seem not to give a shit that a corporation murdered 500 people for profits. 

Not true at all Im just not nearly as presumptuous as you to think I can make that call.  

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Not true at all Im just not nearly as presumptuous as you to think I can make that call.  

Here’s your new sled  

We saved some money by designing it so it starts with the throttle wide open. But don’t worry we have a $2.00 computer chip that releases the throttle before the clutch Engages. It’s hooked to a sensor that may or may not be affected by moisture. 

Enjoy. 

18 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Here’s your new sled  

We saved some money by designing it so it starts with the throttle wide open. But don’t worry we have a $2.00 computer chip that releases the throttle before the clutch Engages. It’s hooked to a sensor that may or may not be affected by moisture. 

Enjoy. 

Yeah that's exactly like what happened.  :lol:  

Considering tripling my investment.   That would bring my current loss to 3%.   Wouldn't have to go up much to be profitable.  

Need to let the latest information shake out more sellers first.  

I have a ton of Boeing stock. It’s some really old stuff going back 35 years. I’m not touching it. It’s done really well. Blue chip, long growth. Boeing has some quality control issues that go much further than the 737 fiasco. That’s actually just the tip of the iceberg. They’ve been shipping a lot of shit lately with shoddy workmanship. 

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Considering tripling my investment.   That would bring my current loss to 3%.   Wouldn't have to go up much to be profitable.  

Need to let the latest information shake out more sellers first.  

I have a client who used that strategy with GE.  Bought 1000 shares at 17, another 1000 at 13, then 10,000 at 8 bucks.  Pretty good stategy if you have the balls.

Edited by DriftBusta

Just now, spin_dry said:

I have a ton of Boeing stock. It’s some really old stuff going back 35 years. I’m not touching it. It’s done really well. Blue chip, long growth. Boeing has some quality control issues that go much further than the 737 fiasco. That’s actually just the tip of the iceberg. They’ve been shipping a lot of shit lately with shoddy workmanship. 

Im on vacation away from the screen, but im pretty sure our analysts still rate it as a buy, and lay out 5 pages as to why.  I’ll take their opinion over some Canadian who doesnt even follow the market.