Check your account email address ×

Voter Fraud...

• Platinum Contributing Member

I just heard about it on Fox News of all places...glad they are doing something about it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/02/21/north-carolina-voter-fraud-charges-dog-house-race-mark-harris/2938521002/

In other news Michigan has started  no reason absentee voting...hopefully it encourages more participation.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2019/02/21/no-reason-absentee-voting-michigan/2936419002/

Glad the D’s are starting to take on voter suppression.....and NC is a prime example......between their gerrymandering and targeted voter laws.....this should help shed some light on what the Repugs have been up to.  

So this guy has a really shady past.  Ridiculous any campaign would hire him.  FWIW, he's worked almost exclusively for dems up to this most recent election.  The chances this is his first tampering are slim.

Throw him in jail.

That said, absentee ballot laws are absolutely ridiculous these days.  It's legal in many states for campaigns to actually pay operatives to go around collecting absentee ballots from people's homes (like this guy was doing).  Any third party handling of a ballot (other than the postal service) is a terrible idea.  Voting should be done in person unless you're in the military or disabled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

So this guy has a really shady past.  Ridiculous any campaign would hire him.  FWIW, he's worked almost exclusively for dems up to this most recent election.  The chances this is his first tampering are slim.

Throw him in jail.

That said, absentee ballot laws are absolutely ridiculous these days.  It's legal in many states for campaigns to actually pay operatives to go around collecting absentee ballots from people's homes (like this guy was doing).  Any third party handling of a ballot (other than the postal service) is a terrible idea.  Voting should be done in person unless you're in the military or disabled.

I was amazed to find out its even allowed. It's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I was amazed to find out its even allowed. It's ridiculous.

That seems like an easy fix. Denying absentee ballots is a bad idea, but at least forcing it through the mail or being dropped off at a voter collection point would be appropriate. 

Look what that republican now governor did in Georgia to suppress votes for the female black gubernatorial candidate. Stop voting for these R&D candidates and maybe we can get something done. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-georgia/u-s-courts-rule-against-georgia-on-voter-suppression-cases-idUSKCN1N72HE

• Like 1

Anyone that understands the voting process understands that the real threat isn't from voter ID laws, but shit like this and other voter suppression.

Of course those same people used to cry about debt and deficit, golfing, security costs and the list goes on and on.

5 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Wow, very surprised more haven’t spoke up. I thought election fraud made some of you soooooooo mad!! There isn’t a double standard here is there? Naw, couldn’t be. 

:goodpost:

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Im more concerned with people voting in my state who shouldn't be.

Why? It isn’t as big of a problem. It’s nominal at best. This swayed an election and showed a coordinated attack on our democratic process by a political party with measurable results. Illegals voting is hearsay and fake news drummed up to get righties all pissed. This, this is real ass shit.

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why? It isn’t as big of a problem. It’s nominal at best. This swayed an election and showed a coordinated attack on our democratic process by a political party with measurable results. Illegals voting is hearsay and fake news drummed up to get righties all pissed. This, this is real ass shit.

Because people who are not residents of my state should not be making decisions that will be affecting me long after they have voted and moved on.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Because people who are not residents of my state should not be making decisions that will be affecting me long after they have voted and moved on.

That isn’t happening. Or if it is, it’s so irrelevantly nominal that it is like it is t happening. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

That isn’t happening. Or if it is, it’s so irrelevantly nominal that it is like it is t happening. 

Im not talking about the 3 dozen who drive up here to vote. Im talking about students who don't qualify to register a sled here as a resident. And those who don't qualify to buy a resident fishing license . ANd who don't have a NH drivers license or ID. Those votes.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am against all types of voter fraud, but I was out riding.  You know, what most snowmobile enthusiasts do during this time of year. 

That's never stopped you from posting stupid shit in the past.