Check your account email address ×

Looks Like....

SnowRider

• Platinum Contributing Member

A stalemate :lol: 

:lmao: 

:snack:

How Clinton Beat Trump in Their First Debate, By the Numbers

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton took a page out of Republican Donald Trump’s playbook in their Monday night debate to beat him at his own game.

In the span of just a few hours, Clinton saw her odds of moving back into the White House rise from an already-high 69 percent before the debate to 73 percent afterward, according to prediction market aggregator PredictWise. Trump’s chances slumped accordingly. “This is a large shift” and relatively rare, happening only once or twice per election cycle, said PredictWise founder David Rothschild.

Clinton’s odds of winning several battleground states also improved over a comparable four-hour period: by nine points in North Carolina, four points in New Hampshire, and three points each in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Colorado.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/clinton-beat-trump-first-debate-110004984.html

Edited by SnowRider

59 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

It seems to me that those who wished for HRC to win, view that way. Those who wish Trump to win, view it that way.

Not me.   Hillary won that debate.  Won't change how I vote because of how she continued the politicization of issues and I don't agree with her on virtually anything but I'm an honest enough man to admit what I seen.  Trump did not do well in my book.   He looked unprepared and did not have a grasp of the facts he needed to attack her and Obama with.  

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not me.   Hillary won that debate.  Won't change how I vote because of how she continued the politicization of issues and I don't agree with her on virtually anything but I'm an honest enough man to admit what I seen.  Trump did not do well in my book.   He looked unprepared and did not have a grasp of the facts he needed to attack her and Obama with.  

Fair enough. I feel as though Trump won, although it was pretty close. He hammered her on the economy and job loss and on government's (her) failings; things like NAFTA and TPP.

Mostly it seems like they just traded punches so to speak..

Just now, Kivalo said:

Fair enough. I feel as though Trump won, although it was pretty close. He hammered her on the economy and job loss and on government's (her) failings; things like NAFTA and TPP.

Trump took it easy on Hillary imo....she should be thankful....that moderator was harder on Trump then her.

• Like 1

Just now, Kivalo said:

What he did hit her on he wasn't very articulate and didn't use the massive amount of facts available to his disposal.   Maybe my expectations were simply too high.   I could have hammered her with more facts and numbers than he did and I didn't study it.   I live it and thats what I wanted out of him.  I wanted to see him immersed in details to counter every little thing she threw out there and it didn't remotely happen.  

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What he did hit her on he wasn't very articulate and didn't use the massive amount of facts available to his disposal.   Maybe my expectations were simply too high.   I could have hammered her with more facts and numbers than he did and I didn't study it.   I live it and thats what I wanted out of him.  I wanted to see him immersed in details to counter every little thing she threw out there and it didn't remotely happen.  

I think you give Trump too much credit. JMO

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

I think you give Trump too much credit. JMO

I agree but for a man as smart as he says he is it shouldn't be very difficult.  I just want to see someone from any party to use the facts that are out there to destroy the typical lib narrative of how things are in the economy and other aspects of America.  

Edited by Highmark

:snack:. I prefer facts while many of you prefer the fake :canadaflag::lol: handwritten notes from call-in hotlines :lmao: 

Hours after trading barbs in the presidential race's first one-on-one debate, Hillary Clinton appears to have put some distance between herself and Donald Trump, according to one measure. 

If the election were held today, prediction site fivethirtyeight.comforecasts Democrat Clinton's chance of winning to be 52.1 percent, compared with Trump's 47.9 percent. On Monday, ahead of the debate, the site's forecast pegged Republican Trump's chance of winning at 51.9 percent to Clinton's 48.1 percent. 

Their parties' respective presidential nominees clashed on Monday night on a wide range of topics, including the economy, crime, foreign policy and America's direction. 

The debate was the first of three ahead of the Nov. 8 election, which has proved to be one of the most contentious and widely watched in modern history. 

Markets also indicated Clinton won as the Mexican peso strengthened and U.S. stock index futures swung to positive territory after earlier losses. 

Before the uptick, the peso had been steadily declining since Sept. 6, as Trump picked up steam in the polls ahead of the debate. Trump has focused much of his rhetoric on advocating for a tougher stance on immigration and building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico, a boundary he has insisted Mexico will pay for. 

Clinton also pulled ahead in Google searches. During the debate, she urged viewers to visit her website, where staff would be fact-checking Trump's comments. Clinton dominated traffic in all 50 states afterward, reversing the pre-debate trend that favored Trump. 

On October 17, Americans will get another read on the election after the WSJ/NBC News election poll publishes. 

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/27/in-deadlocked-election-one-candidate-has-reclaimed-the-lead.html?__source=yahoo|finance|headline|headline|story&par=yahoo&doc=103971538&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Edited by SnowRider

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree but for a man as smart as he says he is it shouldn't be very difficult.  I just want to see someone from any party to use the facts that are out there to destroy the typical lib narrative of how things are in the economy and other aspects of America.  

You :snack:

image.jpeg

TRUMP WINS MOST IMMEDIATE POLLS: “The newspaper collected screen shots of 19 ‘snap’ polls conducted immediately after the debate, and in 17 of them, most respondents said Trump won the debate, often by a wide margin. It isn’t just Drudge and Breitbart; Trump also got more votes than Clinton in instant polls at Time, Slate, Variety and other liberal outlets. I can’t explain it, other than to say that perhaps it tells us more about how people view Hillary Clinton than about how Donald Trump actually performed.”

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

TRUMP WINS MOST IMMEDIATE POLLS: “The newspaper collected screen shots of 19 ‘snap’ polls conducted immediately after the debate, and in 17 of them, most respondents said Trump won the debate, often by a wide margin. It isn’t just Drudge and Breitbart; Trump also got more votes than Clinton in instant polls at Time, Slate, Variety and other liberal outlets. I can’t explain it, other than to say that perhaps it tells us more about how people view Hillary Clinton than about how Donald Trump actually performed.”

:lol: Sure...a bunch of uneducated white folks called in.....gotta know the demographcs :snack:

The fake :canadaflag::lol: is the de facto leader of the stupid on here :lmao: 

6 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: Sure...a bunch of uneducated white folks called in.....gotta know the demographcs :snack:

Perfect example of you're dealing in 'facts'...

9 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Hillary has the larger share of uneducated blacks, Hispanics, etc etc.... so how does that work? Are you saying MORE MORONS for HILLARY?

50 minutes ago, Snake said:

Hillary has the larger share of uneducated blacks, Hispanics, etc etc.... so how does that work? Are you saying MORE MORONS for HILLARY?

Hillary has more support from college educated voters.  And that's a fact.  Not my fault you fit the profile of a typical Rump Pumper :snack: 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Hillary has more support from college educated voters.  And that's a fact.  Not my fault you fit the profile of a typical Rump Pumper :snack: 

a college education doesn't make one smart.

what was your degree?

do you have a masters in light bulb tech yet?

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

58% of blacks are non college educated. Score one for Hillary!

Hispanics older than 25 without: 85.6%

Thank God for morons, eh?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

58% of blacks are non college educated. Score one for Hillary!

Hispanics older than 25 without: 85.6%

Thank God for morons, eh?

And what percentage of the electorate do they comprise?   Remind the class what Dumps core group is.....:snack:

4 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

And what percentage of the electorate do they comprise?   Remind the class what Dumps core group is.....:snack:

I will answer if you can ever sound like you're older than 13 years old.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I will answer if you can ever sound like you're older than 13 years old.

:lol: 

I don't care if you answer or not.  You have no argument as we all know about his core supporters.