Check your account email address ×

Based on how the Snowrider thread was recieved

jtssrx

6 minutes ago, Shifty said:

I figured out this sled forum stuff a few years ago. It took me a long time. For me the key enjoying this place and others is too avoid the political threads. I don't comment and try to not even read. I was brought up to keep that shit to yourself. My old man didn't identify with either party and was a true independent. No signs on the lawn or bumper stickers. There's plenty of entertainment in these places without the political BS.   I mean if a big group of us were at camp, after a long day of ripping would we talk about  Hillary Clinton and Donald trump? If so that explains why I ride solo..........

I just figured out who you father is a few days ago on Facebook. He used to come in to see my old boss, Bob Goldberg, in North Conway. Bob was the original Canoe King. He also had a small art gallery with White Mountain Art that your dad would stop by and chat with Bob about. Small world :bc:

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, ckf said:

I just figured out who you father is a few days ago on Facebook. He used to come in to see my old boss, Bob Goldberg, in North Conway. Bob was the original Canoe King. He also had a small art gallery with White Mountain Art that your dad would stop by and chat with Bob about. Small world :bc:

My dad is quite a guy. We're doing a car show together tomorrow in town with the caddies. :bc:

Edited by Shifty
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Well, I see what they are doing by keeping it sort of "selective" and shut out "prying eyes" (private viewing only).  And I get that.  But without growth, topics get stale, posts start to regurgitate and membership goes flat.  But, that can be fine too.....just a private board.  Flip side; same think happens when your environment has cancerous members.  People come in and see what is happening and say "NO THANKS."  Again, that's fine if that is what Mngt. wants.

Bottom line, it's tough to have a completely free and unmoderated forum that can be profitable...or sometimes even worth it.  Which is why it boggles my mind why seemingly just a few were able to destroy what so many loved in this first edition.  Nobody did anything to stop it because "nobody should be banned"?  :dunno:

Of course...I only know what happened from what I've read and some other tidbits so....

Shit really got out of hand , that's why it's they way it is over there .  People posting other peoples full names in topics so it would be found on google searches , posting where people worked , lived ect .  Zoso doing searches on people and posting pics of people homes , their kids , all kinds of bizarre shit .  Rob even posted some members IP address's on his way out the door .   Ultimately he did the right thing in the end and waxed the entire old site so no history can be found .   It's just like anything else when it comes to freedom , some people just can't handle having a lot of it .

:bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Shit really got out of hand , that's why it's they way it is over there .  People posting other peoples full names in topics so it would be found on google searches , posting where people worked , lived ect .  Zoso doing searches on people and posting pics of people homes , their kids , all kinds of bizarre shit .  Rob even posted some members IP address's on his way out the door .   Ultimately he did the right thing in the end and waxed the entire old site so no history can be found .   It's just like anything else when it comes to freedom , some people just can't handle having a lot of it .

the old site educated some people but not all of them.:lol:

4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

I think maybe I'm taking this stuff to serious. Allowing a person I don't know and will never meet to piss me off so badly that I suggest they be banned was idiotic. 

I apologize to the members of the forum and to Snowrider. Moving forward I'm going to try my best to ignore things that bother me. so again I apologize. 

You could make it up to us by posting a much larger pic of your avatar :news:

1 hour ago, Dave said:

JT can see the light.....too bad a bunch of others couldnt...not to name any names..cough cough.webba....cough cough wolfie..... :lol:

The only rules needed were the ones we have now for those who just can't ignore.  Oh and those two homos did far worse to kill the old site than anyone else.:lol:

What happens on FS stays on FS.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shifty said:

I figured out this sled forum stuff a few years ago. It took me a long time. For me the key enjoying this place and others is too avoid the political threads. I don't comment and try to not even read. I was brought up to keep that shit to yourself. My old man didn't identify with either party and was a true independent. No signs on the lawn or bumper stickers. There's plenty of entertainment in these places without the political BS.   I mean if a big group of us were at camp, after a long day of ripping would we talk about  Hillary Clinton and Donald trump? If so that explains why I ride solo..........

Well this site is basically this forum section so that isn't going to work here unless you don't want to participate :dunno: 

57 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Well this site is basically this forum section so that isn't going to work here unless you don't want to participate :dunno: 

I stay out of most of the political threads and still participate :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ckf said:

Yes he is :bc:

Where's the car show?

It's in Littleton behind the Sears. Really nice field along the river. It's a great show. Usually around 80-100 cars. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ckf said:

I stay out of most of the political threads and still participate :dunno:

Same here.  Don't really want to partake in American politics but its rather good to hear a Trump victory won't be as bad of a market fallout as originally expected.:lol:

17 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same here.  Don't really want to partake in American politics but its rather good to hear a Trump victory won't be as bad of a market fallout as originally expected.:lol:

I just hope i can go to the states if Trumps elected.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Why are you a Muslim refugee from Syria?

Don't think JT will get invited to another steak dinner though.

Im neither....but he said hes closing the borders...lol

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Im neither....but he said hes closing the borders...lol

Dave over 75% of my business comes from the USA, I'm not worried one bit.  I was a bit concerned about the market reaction but apparently a Trump victory is about 40% expected.  Not sure how its gonna go, the Clown vs the Crook.

47 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Dave over 75% of my business comes from the USA, I'm not worried one bit.  I was a bit concerned about the market reaction but apparently a Trump victory is about 40% expected.  Not sure how its gonna go, the Clown vs the Crook.

Oh im not worried either....just making convo. :bc:

59 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Growth above 4% is going to be good for everyone :bc: