Check your account email address ×

Heated gloves

Hey Poncho, like Analer mentioned, consider trying a pair of Deflect Handelbar Muffs made by Klim.

I have a set of the doo ones on my sled, which were more pricy, but these look the very same. They allow you to wear thinner gloves, which transmit the handlebar heat much better. I have to leave my warmers on low with them on, and thinner gloves. If you have the latest Snowtech magazine, there is a good write-up on them on page 70.

Now I just gotta ask, since you bought an 850 Poo, are you locking for electric gloves in case you gotta walk home ? LOL

Happy New Year, and happy sledding.

5 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Hey Poncho, like Analer mentioned, consider trying a pair of Deflect Handelbar Muffs made by Klim.

I have a set of the doo ones on my sled, which were more pricy, but these look the very same. They allow you to wear thinner gloves, which transmit the handlebar heat much better. I have to leave my warmers on low with them on, and thinner gloves. If you have the latest Snowtech magazine, there is a good write-up on them on page 70.

Now I just gotta ask, since you bought an 850 Poo, are you locking for electric gloves in case you gotta walk home ? LOL

Happy New Year, and happy sledding.

I have deflectors, and have tried muffs, perhaps the ones by Klim are better.  My old Skidoo deflectors work but I as said are to bulky and twist backward when riding fast.  I'm going to try the FXR Recons.

I didn't get an 850??? not sure where you heard that one.  Still have the 2017 XCR 800.  I saw your buddies at the sled show....one of them got one.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

muffs suck,  i can't do them.  Fortunately my hands don't get real cold.  I wear unlined klim goves down to about 10 degrees then ones with back insulation when under that.  Handwarmers only work well if you keep the wind off them and have limited insulation on the palm but sometimes with the unlined glove  my fingers get cold at a stop and take a bit to warm up.  

Ive been using thin gloves for the last 3 seasons. I prefer them now. I dont own muffs. 

10 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

For some reason, I thought Tommy talked you into one. 

Yup, him and Steve just got back from Queerbec yesterday. Apparently, he likes his 850, and it hasn,t blown up, yet. LOL

You are correct...Tommy tried....lol.  FYI, the couple of people I know who bought a new 850 they said they have had no issues.  FYI, my brother picked his new 850 up two weeks ago.  We have had no opportunity to ride yet.  Things are looking up in the Griffith area and we are heading north Jan 11 to give it a run.  Good to hear Mel's is working.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Do you even know how to fish?  Slinger's gonna want to see proof...........

No. I’m an amature haha 

8 hours ago, Poncho said:

I have them but they are very ghey.....plus they twist around and bind up when driving above the posted speed limit..:)....I'm just looking for heated glove recommendations from others who have tried them.  

I tried the heated gloves in the past. Found the muffs better and kept the muffs and don’t have the gloves anymore.  That’s my experience riding in -40

One issue that is overlooked the better insulated your gloves the less heat your hands see from warmers someone told me this but I use gay ugly muffs they don’t seem to twist on mine and they cause way less trouble then when my hands are froze and I am grumpy ! 

I have 2 sets of the fly heated gloves .I got my wife a,set also .

I like the older or better the old ones have a led battery level indicator and a led high low indicator. 

I use them when ridding snobikes none of the bikes stators will run grips and charge the battery 

I remember my dad making a pair of heated gloves for snowmobile use back in 1970. He took some heating element wire and installed inside the lining of some snowmobile gloves with a hot glue gun. He hooked it up to the lighting coil on his Panther. I followed him on my sled for the trial run. After getting up to speed he jumped off his sled with the gloves smoking. The next generation included a rheostat which worked great. He burned his right thumb pretty good. The guy was always fucking with something