Check your account email address ×

I'm sure it's just so they can trickle it down to us!

Anler

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

Hey lucky you. Theres another couple billion people around the world who werent as fortunate. But lets blame Obama anyway! 

Just saying its more the fed.      

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Anler said:

I am just saying lets blame him! 

I don't want to be called Racist.   

Against Pres Obama's policies = Racist

For Pres Trumps policies = Racist

What's a person to do.  :lol:  

Just now, Highmark said:

I don't want to be called Racist.   

Against Pres Obama's policies = Racist

For Pres Trumps policies = Racist

What's a person to do.  :lol:  

Its only a problem if you deny it! 

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I've done about 1000x better under Trump. Of course my 401k is absolutely being destroyed but whatever 

Well what a miserable life you have had. 1-1/2 good years. I have done great these last 2 years also but it was all built on what I did since 2009. I am not saying that Obama had everything to do with that either. I have thrived under every president since I began working. R or D. Although the GHWB years were a little rough, but I was young. I made way more money selling weed than working... 

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Well what a miserable life you have had. 1-1/2 good years. I have done great these last 2 years also but it was all built on what I did since 2009. I am not saying that Obama had everything to do with that either. I have thrived under every president since I began working. R or D. Although the GHWB years were a little rough, but I was young. I made way more money selling weed than working... 

Dude....I'm not a baller like you. The 40-50k difference under Trump has changed my life for the better. Namely it allowed me to stuff another 100k in my 401. That is a life changing deal for a guy like me who came from nothing and has nothing.

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....I'm not a baller like you. The 40-50k difference under Trump has changed my life for the better. Namely it allowed me to stuff another 100k in my 401. That is a life changing deal for a guy like me who came from nothing and has nothing.

I am not a baller dude and like you I came from nothing. Its hard work no matter who is president. But political unrest and shutting down the govt has been the worst thing to happen to the construction industry since I started doing this. 

I am happy that you have done well. :bc: 

Just now, Anler said:

I am not a baller dude and like you I came from nothing. Its hard work no matter who is president. But political unrest and shutting down the govt has been the worst thing to happen to the construction industry since I started doing this. 

I am happy that you have done well. :bc: 

The gvmt has been shut down a few times in the last decade. I don't remember it doing shit to the const industry as all these shutdowns only last 1-2 weeks.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

The gvmt has been shut down a few times in the last decade. I don't remember it doing shit to the const industry as all these shutdowns only last 1-2 weeks.

Fuck no it didnt. You can ask Vince about it too. We had steady growth going after the 2008 bubble except for 2 times. once in 2011 when they threatened to shut down the govt and in 2013 when they actually did.The market stagnation from both lasted months. In January of 2014 Paul Ryan said they werent going to do it again and they passed the budget and we were off to the races ever since. That happened bro and all of you fucking experts who arent contractors can say whatever you want but we lived it. Whenever times are uncertain the first thing to get cut is capital projects. Thats me. I have been riding this roller coaster for 30 years so I think I have a pretty good handle on it by now. 

In my experience the most money was being made in this business during the 80's and 90's. The tech bubble pop was the end of big piles of money for us. The last 5 years have been getting better. 

Just now, Anler said:

Fuck no it didnt. You can ask Vince about it too. We had steady growth going after the 2008 bubble except for 2 times. once in 2011 when they threatened to shut down the govt and in 2013 when they actually did.The market stagnation from both lasted months. In January of 2014 Paul Ryan said they werent going to do it again and they passed the budget and we were off to the races ever since. That happened bro and all of you fucking experts who arent contractors can say whatever you want but we lived it. Whenever times are uncertain the first thing to get cut is capital projects. Thats me. I have been riding this roller coaster for 30 years so I think I have a pretty good handle on it by now. 

In my experience the most money was being made in this business during the 80's and 90's. The tech bubble pop was the end of big piles of money for us. The last 5 years have been getting better. 

You do know Im a contractor right? 2011 things were already stagnant. 2013 had next to no effect .

39 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

You do know Im a contractor right? 2011 things were already stagnant. 2013 had next to no effect .

Are you a commercial, industrial and public works contractor? Cuz if you didn't feel those you musta had some good contracts.