Check your account email address ×

I accept your challenge uncle znotty

f7ben

Just now, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

If you were to run a string around the outside diameter of a short lug vs a long lug.....you would use more string on the long  lug.  Settled

s.gif

I did that last year and posted the pics and measurements!!! I still have the pics. 

1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

If you want in on this we can get it done in NO TIME. Yes or no faggot? There is a technical college in Nashua I believe. If you have the balls to stand up to me, I'll get this going ASAP. 

All we need is a local lawyer, and a math/geometry instructor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy peasy. 

Are you powerful enough to accept my challenge? 

Can you stand up to me, away from your keyboard? 

Don't try to talk your way out of this, can you stand up to me or are you now SCARED SHITLESS??? 

Yes ...I accept. Let's agree on the wording of the bet

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

We must define final drive ratio as....

The distance the vehicle travels with one rotation of the drive system input shaft ...ie the PTO of the engine 

Correct 

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

If you want in on this we can get it done in NO TIME. Yes or no faggot? There is a technical college in Nashua I believe. If you have the balls to stand up to me, I'll get this going ASAP. 

All we need is a local lawyer, and a math/geometry instructor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,easy peasy. 

Are you powerful enough to accept my challenge? 

Can you stand up to me, away from your keyboard? 

Don't try to talk your way out of this, can you stand up to me or are you now SCARED SHITLESS??? 

How tall are you dipshit? How far from the Manchester airport are you?

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The distance the vehicle travels with one rotation of the drive system input shaft ...ie the PTO of the engine 

One could argue it depends on how the single rotation lines up with lugs making contact.  

Recall the small AC voltage riding on the large DC voltage.  

In any event I do, and did grant that the small impulses from the sweeping lugs average out to 0 impact, it's only comparing the ratio at one moment to the next that a different result would happen.

Neal

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

A snowmobile clutch has a constantly varying output, so therefore you must accept the term ALL OTHER FACTORS BEING EQUAL. THe engine crankshat will be constant, the primary and secondary clutches vary, the jackshat gears and driveshaft gears are constant. 

For the purposes of this hypothesis we must agree that the clutches are at a constant output. 

AGREED??????  

A snowmobile clutch has a constantly varying output, so therefore you must accept the term ALL OTHER FACTORS BEING EQUAL. THe engine crankshat will be constant, the primary and secondary clutches vary, the jackshat gears and driveshaft gears are constant. 

For the purposes of this hypothesis we must agree that the clutches are at a constant output. 

AGREED??????  

Yes...agreed

4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

" All other factors being equal, does lug height affect the FINAL DRIVE RATIO on a snowmobile, on a hypothetical, flat hard plane? " 

I'm waitin'.  :whistle:

Here it is AGAIN, you morphodite!!! 

FINAL DRIVE RATIO is the relationship of the rotation of the crankshaft to the rotation of the track.  ( distance travelled ) 

Example : 1: 1.2 , 1: 2.5, 1: 2.75 etc.        

FINAL DRIVE RATIO is the relationship of the rotation of the crankshaft to the rotation of the track.  ( distance travelled ) 

Example : 1: 1.2 , 1: 2.5, 1: 2.75 etc.        

Outstanding Leader believes that nobody knows more about cranking shafts than Polaris550. 

12 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

AGREED??????  

So you’re saying you agree that per one turn of the jackshaft, a longer track lug will make the snowmobile move further than a shorter lug? 

To be perfectly clear?

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Here it is AGAIN, you morphodite!!! 

Yes...it needs to be worded slightly better and a little more in depth to be presented to a mechanical engineering firm. I'll be at my laptop in a few hours and we'll work out the exact wording.

Just now, JEFF said:

So you’re saying you agree that per one turn of the jackshaft, a longer track lug will make the snowmobile move further than a shorter lug? 

To be perfectly clear?

YES!!!! 

Do you wanna' call a lawyer?

I'll call NH VOC TECH, or I'll stop in and try to get a math guy. 

Don't waste my fukken time if you are not powerful enough to stand up to me!!! 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, JEFF said:

To be perfectly clear?

No...that always remains constant...any difference in actual diameter will provide further travel....1 full track rotation of a longer lug larger diameter  track will travel further than the shorter diameter short lug.

Simple really.

4 minutes ago, Rocket Man said:

Outstanding Leader believes that nobody knows more about cranking shafts than Polaris550. 

Hey, that's kinda funny, for a faggot Chink!!! 

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

No...that always remains constant...any difference in actual diameter will provide further travel....1 full track rotation of a longer lug larger diameter  track will travel further than the shorter diameter short lug.

Simple really.

Yup...you're right. Let's bet on it

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

YES!!!! 

Do you wanna' call a lawyer?

I'll call NH VOC TECH, or I'll stop in and try to get a math guy. 

Don't waste my fukken time if you are not powerful enough to stand up to me!!! 

We'll pick a fucking engineering firm and pay them to settle the bet.