GM to close Oshawa Operations.

irv

It's not only Ontario being impacted.

General Motors is poised to close factories in Michigan, Ohio, Maryland and Canada, and slash 15 percent of its salaried workforce in a sweeping cost-cutting plan designed to boost its profits.

The Detroit-based automaker said it would end production by the end of 2019 at its Lordstown Assembly plant in northeast Ohio; its Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant in southeast Michigan; its Oshawa Assembly plant in Ontario; its Baltimore Operations parts plant; and its Warren Transmission Operations plant in southeast Michigan.

Assembly plants are job juggernauts. GM has about 1,500 employees at the Detroit plant, 1,600 at the Lordstown factory and 2,500 in Oshawa.

But of course some deluded individuals seem to think that the Ontario has the magical ability to change these massively sweeping changes and suddenly have Ontario exempted from them.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

It's not only Ontario being impacted.

General Motors is poised to close factories in Michigan, Ohio, Maryland and Canada, and slash 15 percent of its salaried workforce in a sweeping cost-cutting plan designed to boost its profits.

The Detroit-based automaker said it would end production by the end of 2019 at its Lordstown Assembly plant in northeast Ohio; its Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant in southeast Michigan; its Oshawa Assembly plant in Ontario; its Baltimore Operations parts plant; and its Warren Transmission Operations plant in southeast Michigan.

Assembly plants are job juggernauts. GM has about 1,500 employees at the Detroit plant, 1,600 at the Lordstown factory and 2,500 in Oshawa.

But of course some deluded individuals seem to think that the Ontario has the magical ability to change these massively sweeping changes and suddenly have Ontario exempted from them.

Millions and millions, plus concessions were made to keep the Oshawa plant open. GM promised it would so it is a double whammy for those that thought they had a bit of job security. The corporate world is ugly but I know if it was more affordable to do business here, this plant wouldn't be closing. Gov't policy, taxes, hydro rates, etc, etc, etc, are all to blame. Wynne and Trudope and the rest of the libs have no clue how any of that works. :wall:

1 hour ago, 02sled said:

How stupid can you possibly be? Only a complete moron would think that Ontario could do anything to alter GM's GLOBAL RESTRUCTURING PLAN. Pay attention idiot... this is part of a global restructure plan for GM.... what part of global don't you understand? Dumb as a stump!!!! No matter what Ontario does GM is not going back to the drawing board of their GLOBAL RESTRUCTURE. To make changes to their plans for Ontario would impact their plans for the rest of their operations globally,

So genius you think there is plenty that Doug can do. Let's here your inspirational concept that would sway GM to scrap all the planning that has likely been in the works for well over a year. 

Seek help Fail.. you desperately need it.  

So Trudeau is off the hook since we can't do anything?  just wondering ONEWAY 

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

A typical and completely retarded response. If you can squeeze the time into your busy day please explain to us how Doug can affect NAFTA and the new USMCA that your beloved Liberholes announced as a success on Oct 1. It sure as fuck isn't more gender equality going directly back into the GDP in a decade

My response was of sorrow for IRV's family, you guys then turned this into about ME and Trudeau.  All while defending Doug's response of silence

Tell me how you really feel about these Union workers Tinker

43 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

My response was of sorrow for IRV's family, you guys then turned this into about ME and Trudeau.  All while defending Doug's response of silence

Tell me how you really feel about these Union workers Tinker

What would Horvatt do?  GM has said the ship has already sailed to save these plants.

3 hours ago, irv said:

Millions and millions, plus concessions were made to keep the Oshawa plant open. GM promised it would so it is a double whammy for those that thought they had a bit of job security. The corporate world is ugly but I know if it was more affordable to do business here, this plant wouldn't be closing. Gov't policy, taxes, hydro rates, etc, etc, etc, are all to blame. Wynne and Trudope and the rest of the libs have no clue how any of that works. :wall:

Wynne is gone so I guess you mean Doug :dunno:  

I think the bold is more to the point

So I guess Canada is done

Doug waves white flag and admits its over without a fight.  He did say he spoke with GM and offered everything but money. We has no money for this as he stated.  Sorry IRV he doesn't care

Hopefully the Feds step up with something like longer EI payments

At least I got my answer.

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

Doug waves white flag and admits its over without a fight.  He did say he spoke with GM and offered everything but money. We has no money for this as he stated.  Sorry IRV he doesn't care

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/11/26/doug-ford-trudeau-gm-plant_a_23601395/

1 hour ago, 1trailmaker said:

You said the Feds shouldn't do anything, this was all on Doug to do, and the last time I checked, Sheer wasn't in power yet. :dunno: 

Let me ask you a question. Can you honestly say Wynne and McSquinty's Green energy plan didn't have anything to do with this? Also, why you try to stick handle/deflect around that question, do you honestly think Trudope's carbon tax and his negative attitude toward businesses in this country also didn't help matters much?

Did you see Trump speak about the GM plant closures in the States? At least he said something that would make GM rethink things and reconsider the closures!

Trudope, "I'm deeply saddened" :cry:What an embarrassment he is! 

1213-biz-wire-trade-e1520038343154.jpg

46329264_703789343329679_5252849615526428672_n.jpg

11 hours ago, irv said:

My niece was just on CP24. Sounds like the workers are walking off the job. She is pissed and I don't blame her one bit. This is far reaching beyond having family and friends in there.  Thanks Libs. You are a big reason behind this! 

And your Mexican truck and Japanese snowmobile is helping in which way?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gtserider said:

And your Mexican truck and Japanese snowmobile is helping in which way?

My truck was built in Warren Michigan, and GM doesn't build snowmobiles as far as I know? :snack:Anything else? 

1 hour ago, irv said:

My truck was built in Warren Michigan, and GM doesn't build snowmobiles as far as I know? :snack:Anything else? 

What do you think GM's obligation to its workers should be?  Do you own any GM stock that has done fuck all to its new investors after the bailout over a 10 year period?  Nevermind the ones who were cleaned out before the bailout?  I'm sure the answer is no, but those  folks are the drivers here.

When you look at how the idiot Trudeau was quick to side wit h Mexico over the USA in the trade negotiations its no wonder we are screwed.  Trudeau was busy posturing while USA and Mexico were dealing.  

Things could have been vastly different for Canada if our government had gone to the table to talk to Trump instead of posturing for a three way deal with the Mexicans who are taking good manufacturing jobs from Canada.

Only Failmaker cheers while his dream boy screws us all.

1 hour ago, irv said:

You said the Feds shouldn't do anything, this was all on Doug to do, and the last time I checked, Sheer wasn't in power yet. :dunno: 

Let me ask you a question. Can you honestly say Wynne and McSquinty's Green energy plan didn't have anything to do with this? Also, why you try to stick handle/deflect around that question, do you honestly think Trudope's carbon tax and his negative attitude toward businesses in this country also didn't help matters much?

Did you see Trump speak about the GM plant closures in the States? At least he said something that would make GM rethink things and reconsider the closures!

Trudope, "I'm deeply saddened" :cry:What an embarrassment he is! 

I said no such thing

Carbon Tax was Doug's choice we had Cap n Trade and it was working well most didn't even notice it.  I will  say NO it had nothing to do with this.  

Donny lost another battle, he feels bad for himself :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

When you look at how the idiot Trudeau was quick to side wit h Mexico over the USA in the trade negotiations its no wonder we are screwed.  Trudeau was busy posturing while USA and Mexico were dealing.  

Things could have been vastly different for Canada if our government had gone to the table to talk to Trump instead of posturing for a three way deal with the Mexicans who are taking good manufacturing jobs from Canada.

Only Failmaker cheers while his dream boy screws us all.

Says the Party of CAVE :lol:  Andrew wanted Trudeau to go easier on USA

3 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

I said no such thing

Carbon Tax was Doug's choice we had Cap n Trade and it was working well most didn't even notice it.  I will  say NO it had nothing to do with this.  

Donny lost another battle, he feels bad for himself :lol: 

Was working well?  What a troll.:lol:

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Was working well?  What a troll.:lol:

did you notice it gone?  nope

The average person would see nothing

The polling, commissioned by Canada’s Ecofiscal Commission, shows that a majority of respondents in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec did not know that their province has a carbon price in place. Ontario’s cap-and-trade system only kicked off in 2017, but Quebec’s has been in place since 2013, while B.C. has had a carbon tax for nearly a decade.

The survey, conducted by Abacus Data, shows that only 45 per cent of respondents in B.C., 30 per cent in Ontario and 20 per cent in Quebec knew that their province has put a price on carbon. Most of the rest either said they didn’t know, or that their provincial government is planning to bring in a carbon price

Can't wait to see what Doug is getting us next year.....  Its his choice 

Just now, 1trailmaker said:

Says the Party of CAVE :lol:  Andrew wanted Trudeau to go easier on USA

You really are that dumb aren’t you.

Your hero and his bumbling twit Freeland  postured and posed doing everything in their power to offend Trump while the Mexicans talked and negotiated.

I can Tell you in business you have a far better chance of negotiating your position if your first in and if your talking to the other side. 

Under the Liberals we had no chance.

Canada walked into the Chinese buffet line just before closing to get the cold scraps and leftovers from the USA and Mexico deal.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sksman said:

You really are that dumb aren’t you.

Your hero and his bumbling twit Freeland  postured and posed doing everything in their power to offend Trump while the Mexicans talked and negotiated.

I can Tell you in business you have a far better chance of negotiating your position if your first in and if your talking to the other side. 

Under the Liberals we had no chance.

Canada walked into the Chinese buffet line just before closing to get the cold scraps and leftovers from the USA and Mexico deal.  

Yes I have heard Andrew's new spin on this...  What else is he going to say :dunno:  great job Trudeau?  

The opposition is not there to congratulate the Government.  

Good fuel for next year

16 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yes I have heard Andrew's new spin on this...  What else is he going to say :dunno:  great job Trudeau?  

The opposition is not there to congratulate the Government.  

Good fuel for next year

Sorry fail that is not the opposition spin.  That is basic business skills and negotiation.