Check your account email address ×

Motion Sickness When Sledding

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

It happens to a buddy of mine. He has to eat a very small breakfast and takes motion sickness pills. He is fine by lunch. He gets it so bad,that he has to stop and puke. He isn’t a drinker, but if you saw him, you would think he is hung over. I get it if I ride real hard first thing in the morning after a few to many beers the night before. I’m fine if I don’t play in the trees or hit the twisters fast. I’m finding as I get older, I have to watch what I eat and drink the night before. Fried foods can fuck me up just as bad as the beer. I don’t puke, but get acid reflux or something. 

A bud of mine who is a heavy drinker ( im talking falling down , cant speak English drunk) will rip across the closest field without a helmet on first thing in the AM. Hangover gone according to him. Sounds painfull to me.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So over the last few years I've had some issues a few times when  riding that up until now I just chalked up to not feeling well or something I ate but after reading a classified on DooTalk where a guy was selling a coat as  he was quitting the sport because of motion sickness...I did a little research and found that it's more common than I thought and it gets worse as guys get older. Other than crazy carnival rides I don't get motion sickness....anybody else experience this? 

Gotta take dramamine every time I ride.  Even when racing, I get it if I don't take some dramamine.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Gotta take dramamine every time I ride.  Even when racing, I get it if I don't take some dramamine.

Damn....I'll have to give it to try....I'm not glad you and many others have this problem but at least  now I have an explanation. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn....I'll have to give it to try....I'm not glad you and many others have this problem but at least  now I have an explanation. 

Yeah, it sucks.  I have packets of dramamine in all my riding gear.  I only have to take two pills right away in the morning. If I don't take it, it ruins the trip.  I only get it when riding snowmobiles and it started about 20 years ago.

Edited by racer254

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Yeah, it sucks.  I have packets of dramamine in all my riding gear.  I only have to take two pills right away in the morning. If I don't take it, it ruins the trip.  I only get it when riding snowmobiles and it started about 20 years ago.

Damn....sucks but glad you have it figured out.:thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Oh, it took me a little bit.  I contemplated giving up riding sleds.  Getting sick within 20 minutes of a ride with friends really sucks.

It's probably your dickbreath inside your helmet making you sick!!!11 Faggot!!

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You probably already fixed the issue snacksicle....just needed to buy a sled with a chick motor that wont pull so hard and make you sick!!!111

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

So over the last few years I've had some issues a few times when  riding that up until now I just chalked up to not feeling well or something I ate but after reading a classified on DooTalk where a guy was selling a coat as  he was quitting the sport because of motion sickness...I did a little research and found that it's more common than I thought and it gets worse as guys get older. Other than crazy carnival rides I don't get motion sickness....anybody else experience this? 

I’ll ask my dad

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, ckf said:

Maybe it's the company that you keep :lol:

It's all that new fangled health nut shit that he does .  The fancy yoga classes , the Gym , the God damned Nuts and Berries , no booze , no candy , on and on and on .   Fuckin guy was the staple of endurance a few years ago .     A true Iron Man . Now look at em.  You don't  see ME having those problems now , do ya . ?   :bc:

DSCN1467.JPG

Edited by Sal Rosenberg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It's all that new fangled health nut shit that he does .  The fancy yoga classes , the Gym , the God damned Nuts and Berries , no booze , no candy , on and on and on .   Fuckin guy was the staple of endurance a few years ago .     A true Iron Man . Now look at em.  You don't ME having those problems now , do ya . ?   :bc:

DSCN1467.JPG

:lol:

Is @f7ben visiting or do you drink that watered down beer, too? I pictured you as a PBR kind of guy :lol:

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

partisan hacks do make me  want to puke :snack:  

😂

10 minutes ago, Poncho said:

I’ll ask my dad

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It's all that new fangled health nut shit that he does .  The fancy yoga classes , the Gym , the God damned Nuts and Berries , no booze , no candy , on and on and on .   Fuckin guy was the staple of endurance a few years ago .     A true Iron Man . Now look at em.  You don't ME having those problems now , do ya . ?   :bc:

DSCN1467.JPG

😆😆😝

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Damn....sucks but glad you have it figured out.:thumbsup:

It’s an inner ear condition. You can also use these these ear patches. They work probably the best for motion sickness. Your doctor can also prescribe something stronger  

https://www.goodrx.com/scopolamine

Edited by ActionfigureJoe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

It's all that new fangled health nut shit that he does .  The fancy yoga classes , the Gym , the God damned Nuts and Berries , no booze , no candy , on and on and on .   Fuckin guy was the staple of endurance a few years ago .     A true Iron Man . Now look at em.  You don't  see ME having those problems now , do ya . ?   :bc:

DSCN1467.JPG

:lol: