Check your account email address ×

Recent study that showed that the oceans are warming way too fast debunked by science

Rod

3 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ive read that before....

Awesome!  Here’s some more reading I found interesting - it points toward some evidence that suggests we should actually be in a cooling phase right now if merely left to natural forcing alone.  I’m fairly certain that’s why scientists in the 70’s were predicting cooling rather than warming.  But when the data coming in didn’t confirm that hypothesis they had to go where the numbers and the science went.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/feb/19/pollen-data-shows-humans-reversed-natural-global-cooling

7 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

So what has the resident climate change suckers done to curb carbon emissions? 

Well, nothing. In general liberals are very unintelligent and very hypocritical 

38 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Awesome!  Here’s some more reading I found interesting - it points toward some evidence that suggests we should actually be in a cooling phase right now if merely left to natural forcing alone.  I’m fairly certain that’s why scientists in the 70’s were predicting cooling rather than warming.  But when the data coming in didn’t confirm that hypothesis they had to go where the numbers and the science went.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2018/feb/19/pollen-data-shows-humans-reversed-natural-global-cooling

Scientists also said the poles melting would cause major flooding by now.

Are you that fucking stupid not to realize scientists have been saying shit for yrs and very little of it happens? 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

It’s amazing how they preach and preach yet don’t do what they preach. 

It’s really part of being a liberal 

SOMEBODY do SOMETHING (but not me)

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Scientists also said the poles melting would cause major flooding by now.

Are you that fucking stupid not to realize scientists have been saying shit for yrs and very little of it happens? 

:lol:

I’m guessing you’re most likely referring to statements made by Al Gore, who is not actually a scientist.  I fear I may be pushing a little too much info your way too quickly, so maybe save this for another day but here’s an actual scientific paper showing the true variance and debate surrounding arctic ice melt predictions.  It goes into some depth on various methods and doesn’t conclude by favoring one over another.  

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/grl.50316

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

I’m guessing you’re most likely referring to statements made by Al Gore, who is not actually a scientist.  I fear I may be pushing a little too much info your way too quickly, so maybe save this for another day but here’s an actual scientific paper showing the true variance and debate surrounding arctic ice melt predictions.  It goes into some depth on various methods and doesn’t conclude by favoring one over another.  

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/grl.50316

Actually no....i wasnt. 

2 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

@DAVE , I’m glad to see your curiosity piqued, and even though your question perhaps wasn’t worded the best I think I understand what you’re getting at.

Here’s sort of a 10,000 foot answer to what, rather than “who” affected our historical climate patterns and continues to play a role. It’s not a long read.  There’s tons more you can read on the subject but this should get you started:

https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period.htm

Hang it up dude. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will convince these nitwits that mmgw is real

2 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

Hang it up dude. Nothing, and I mean nothing, will convince these nitwits that mmgw is real

Wait, are you suggesting that Freedom Sledder isn’t a hotbed of objective, open-minded truth seekers yearning for knowledge???  :lol: 

Edited by XC.Morrison
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

Wait, are you suggesting that Freedom Sledder isn’t a hotbed of objective, open-minded truth seekers yearning for knowledge???  :lol: 

Science says that the oceans are really warming no faster than before. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 hours ago, XC.Morrison said:

:lol:  MMCC in bold.