Check your account email address ×

Clinton Foundation CEO Admits To Pay-For-Play: "No Question" That "Courtesy Appointments" Were Made

Highmark

• Platinum Contributing Member

Now yes both parties have done this from the Oval office but I'd like to see some history of others who have done it from cabinet positions.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-15/clinton-foundation-ceo-admits-pay-play-no-question-courtesy-appointments-were-made

Yesterday, the CEO of the Clinton Foundation, Donna Shalala, went on MSNBC and openly admitted to engaging in "pay-for-play" activities saying there is "no question" that Foundation donors received "courtesy appointments" during Hillary's tenure as Secretary of State.  Somehow, Shalala would like for us to believe that so long as appointees weren't put in a position to impact policy decisions then there is no real issue.  I guess we should just ignore that taxpayers are funding the salaries of those appointees and paying for their government-related travel all over the world while Hillary gets to accrue "political capital" and her Foundation gets to continue raking in the donations?

Shalala also seems to invoke the Donna Brazile (new DNC Chair) defense who previously told ABC that "someone who is a donor..saying I want access" isn't an issue and anyone who suggests otherwise is just attempting to "criminalize behavior that is normal" (see out previous post "New DNC Chair Says Outrage Over Clinton's Pay-To-Play Is Attempt To 'Criminalize Normal Behavior'").

"First of all there is no question there were phone calls made to get appointments for people."

"There were also business people. There is no question about that."

"I don't see evidence that there was policy decisions made as a result of that other than courtesy appointments. And people in public life are used to doing that kind of — that is, making courtesy appointments for people.  I certainly did it as secretary [of Health and Human Services] with requests from Republicans in Congress so I don't find it unusual. We have to be careful that it's not linked to policy decisions as opposed to simply seeing prominent people that ask for appointments."

Somehow, Shalala would like for us to believe that so long as appointees weren't put in a position to impact policy decisions then there is no real issue.  I guess we should just ignore that taxpayers are funding the salaries of those appointees and paying for their government-related travel all over the world while Hillary gets to accrue "political capital" and her Foundation gets to continue raking in the donations?

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts:. Nope and Bernie gets it and should also:  

$100 :snack:

image.png

Bernie isn't my God or my King. He's a man. Men are flawed, always will be.

The ideas he was talking about are what drew me to him. I happen to disagree that Hillary and the corporate Democrats are the best choice to advance those ideas. In fact, Bernie is dead fucking wrong about that.

The primary was rigged, the DNC leaks proved it, I'm not paying. Fuck off.

• Like 1

Just now, motonoggin said:

The ideas he was talking about are what drew me to him. I happen to disagree that Hillary and the corporate Democrats are the best choice to advance those ideas. In fact, Bernie is dead fucking wrong about that.

:goodpost:

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

You flapped your lips for months.  I said - He will endorse her after she wins.  You kept flapping your lips.  We bet $100.  You lost and now you're :baby:

Just another day on FSCE :bc: 

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You flapped your lips for months.  I said - He will endorse her after she wins.  You kept flapping your lips.  We bet $100.  You lost and now you're :baby:

Just another day on FSCE :bc: 

SR, it was rigged, if you bet on a  football game that was 100% factually found out it was rigged would you pay??

See SR this is where your moral compass comes into play or your lack their of. You can decide on which one you want to show.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

SR, it was rigged, if you bet on a  football game that was 100% factually found out it was rigged would you pay??

See SR this is where your moral compass comes into play or your lack their of. You can decide on which one you want to show.

:true:

33 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

:pc:

35 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

27 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

She got more votes.  Simple. Period.  End of story.  The :baby: is the problem.  

Join Bernie :bc: 

image.png

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

:pc:

:nuts::snack:

:lol: 

Typical Freeloader - already answered and he's still out in left field. :lol: 

It's irrelevant.  Hillary got more votes and it wasn't even close. :bc: 

Typical :baby: and FSCE Cyber Klan mentality.....chase conspiracies while ignoring the simple facts all on an effort to support your opinions instead of simply looking at the facts.  She won fairly easily.  Game over.  Move on. :bc: 

But not in Butthurt FSCE :lol: Always somebody out to get one of you... :lmao:  

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Are you ignoring the fact that DWS and others from the DNC stepped down?

Why would they do that?

Cuz the system rigged and they are criminals :lol:@ you expecting Taintrider to have a coherent reasonable response to FACTS 

18 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:nuts::snack:

:lol: 

Typical Freeloader - already answered and he's still out in left field. :lol: 

Well I gave you an easy "out" on a silver platter where you might have been about to retain some shred of dignity. But continue to prove you are just here to harass people instead of offering any intelligence to a thread..SMH

Edited by Rigid1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Well I gave you an easy "out" on a silver platter where you might have been about to retain some shred of dignity. But continue to prove you are just here to harass people instead of offering any intelligence to a thread..SMH

He'll never admit that the primary was rigged. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Cuz the system rigged and they are criminals :lol:@ you expecting Taintrider to have a coherent reasonable response to FACTS 

The day will come when he will have to acknowledge the fact that he supports criminals and criminal behavior.  Telling lies and supporting nepotism is unethical, immoral and in many cases criminal behavior.