Check your account email address ×

U.S. Cuts More Than $200 Million In Aid To Palestinians

• Platinum Contributing Member

The Trump administration announced Friday that it has cut nearly all the money the U.S. had planned to spend on aid projects for the Palestinians this year —including money to address a humanitarian crisis in the Gaza Strip.

Administration officials repeatedly state that the U.S. has given more development aid money to help the Palestinian people over the years than has any other country.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/24/641689522/u-s-cuts-more-than-200-million-in-aid-to-palestinians

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Im good with cutting all of it, just be aware of any of our adversaries trying to curry favor or upsetting any power balance in the region, because thats how these deals all started.

Meh, who cares? Let Russia and China have the turd. What good has it done us having these deals? Did it prevent us from being attacked? Did it stop us from losing tons of troops? Did it give us Osama without having us to go all ninja like in the night. 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Meh, who cares? Let Russia and China have the turd. What good has it done us having these deals? Did it prevent us from being attacked? Did it stop us from losing tons of troops? Did it give us Osama without having us to go all ninja like in the night. 

I agree, and it took me a long time to come to that conclusion.  Like you said, what good has come from it?  

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

BINGO BONGO!

8 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I agree, and it took me a long time to come to that conclusion.  Like you said, what good has come from it?  

Here is my question: we have reserves. So let’s say we let China and Russia run the ME and have their capita denied. We still get our oil at market cost. If Russia or China made a play, we’d have to use our reserves while we finger popped their asshole. We aren’t going to do that, so in the end let them keep the peace and we reap the cheap oil. So why bother? I don’t see why other than because we need to show how big our dinkus is. We’re american it’s uuuge. No need to whip it out. They know. I’d love to see russia and China maintain the resources.