Check your account email address ×

Clapper blames Obama for Russia Probe "the rats are fleeing the sinking ship"

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

As I understand it, many civilians hold Secret or Top Secret clearances for at least some time after no longer being involved in government. 

I read about it alot in the IT sector.

That’s true.  They can.  Most usually expire after the sponsor notifies them of their circumstances before then; termination, or change of circumstances.

These particular ones should be revoked immediately.  How they aren’t is astonishing.

Just now, Zamjabronie said:

That’s true.  They can.  Most usually expire after the sponsor notifies them of their circumstances before then; termination, or change of circumstances.

These particular ones should be revoked immediately.  How they aren’t is astonishing.

The federal government is a clusterfuck, they'll let shit like this slide all day and then the next day they'll tell you how they're gonna fix this or fix that. 

Just now, SSFB said:

The federal government is a clusterfuck, they'll let shit like this slide all day and then the next day they'll tell you how they're gonna fix this or fix that. 

Agreed.  Also, many individuals in there now secretly pushing their own agendas and doing what they want regardless of protocol and/or orders.   By the time it’s caught, if it ever is, a good amount of time has passed and damage has been done.  Our checks and balances are just plain fucked.

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, SSFB said:

As I understand it, many civilians hold Secret or Top Secret clearances for at least some time after no longer being involved in government. 

I read about it alot in the IT sector.

Oh I know they do my point is they shouldn't.   It's part of why our IC has so much power.