Check your account email address ×

Tony Podesta offered immunity to testify against Paul Manafort

• Platinum Contributing Member

They really don't care about showing their bias any more.  :lol:  For a nearly identical crime one is facing life in prison and the friend of the Clinton's get immunity.   Priceless.  

7 people charged under FARA in 50 years.   3 this year whose main issue was having ties to Trump.  

Tony Podesta offered immunity to testify against Paul Manafort

Tony Podesta has been offered immunity by Special Counsel Robert Mueller to testify against Paul Manafort, Fox News' Tucker Carlson reported, citing two unnamed sources.

Podesta is the founder of the Podesta Group and brother of John Podesta, who was chairman of Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.

The Podesta Group reportedly worked with Manafort -- a former chairman of Donald Trump's 2016 campaign -- to lobby on behalf of Ukrainian interests in the United States, without properly registering at the time under the Foreign Agent Registration Act (FARA), Carlson said.

Manafort and the group worked on a campaign called the European Centre for a Modern Ukraine, the Washington Times reported.

"In other words, for a near identical crime, Bill and Hillary's friend could escape and emerge completely unscathed while Paul Manafort may rot in jail," Carlson said.

Podesta did not register as a foreign agent under FARA, Carlson said in a segment last October.

Mueller is also offering immunity to five potential witnesses in the upcoming trial of Manafort, the Washington Examiner reported.

Mueller's team is requesting "use immunity," which is a limited type of immunity, the publication reported, citing court documents filed Tuesday.

The five people have not been charged or identified publicly with the case, prosecutors for Mueller’s team said, according to the Examiner.

Tony Podesta resigned from his lobbying group in October in response to Mueller’s investigation of the firm, the report said.

The firm was reportedly closed by the end of last year.

The special counsel’s office did not immediately respond for comment.

Manafort is accused of multiple financial crimes in connection with lobbying work he performed in Ukraine. The first of his two upcoming trials, in Virginia, is scheduled to begin next week

Edited by Highmark

Just now, DriftBusta said:

So was Comey and he's telling everyone to vote Democrat.  :lol: 

Comey is doing more than that.  They are all slowly broaching it but they are all starting to call on a citizen overthrow of the Trump Administration.

I’m all for it! :lol:Tiny little weak fists of fury heading to DC for their own slaughter.  Almost makes you want to live closer.  But, I think there will be plenty of clean up for everyone in their own areas.  Whew....gonna be busy but, enjoyable work.   :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

Comey is doing more than that.  They are all slowly broaching it but they are all starting to call on a citizen overthrow of the Trump Administration.

I’m all for it! :lol:Tiny little weak fists of fury heading to DC for their own slaughter.  Almost makes you want to live closer.  But, I think there will be plenty of clean up for everyone in their own areas.  Whew....gonna be busy but, enjoyable work.   :lmao:

Its kind of funny, I generally don't talk politics at work, but they invariably come up.  its usually one of two reactions, quietly happy that he got elected, happy at the direction the country is going......or......spewing the latest CNN talking point about and literally losing their shit over the guy.  Lady last week was going on about the 3000 babies ripped from their parents arms, and now they're lost, they can't find where they went11111!!1  ermaghahhd!!11!  Never mind her portfolio was up about 18% last year and how maybe Trump had just a little to do with it....

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Its kind of funny, I generally don't talk politics at work, but they invariably come up.  its usually one of two reactions, quietly happy that he got elected, happy at the direction the country is going......or......spewing the latest CNN talking point about and literally losing their shit over the guy.  Lady last week was going on about the 3000 babies ripped from their parents arms, and now they're lost, they can't find where they went11111!!1  ermaghahhd!!11!  Never mind her portfolio was up about 18% last year and how maybe Trump had just a little to do with it....

It’s really starting to come up quite a bit more.  It’s bizarre.  Our divide is growing and being fueled by the MSM.  Sometimes, a good dust up is necessary.  It’ll be sad but, As they say, it is what it is.  

1 minute ago, Zamjabronie said:

It’s really starting to come up quite a bit more.  It’s bizarre.  Our divide is growing and being fueled by the MSM.  Sometimes, a good dust up is necessary.  It’ll be sad but, As they say, it is what it is.  

Exactly why I consider them enemies of the American people, along with 95% of Hollywood and Washington.

wow her compassion for children is higher than her making a few bucks.  Sounds like a very nice lady :snack: 

:lol: 

Exactly why I consider them enemies of the American people, along with 95% of Hollywood and Washington.

Hear about the Dems chanting “USA! USA! USA!” After one of their  token retards gave some idiotic Russian speech yesterday?  I laughed my ass off.  They don’t know whether to shit razor blades or go blind.  Truly a leaderless and clueless party “For the People”.

:lmao:

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah never mind the portfolio increase prior to trump eh? that was all fake, or nothing to do with the prez

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

wow her compassion for children is higher than her making a few bucks.  Sounds like a very nice lady :snack: 

That’s why she took her sweet ass returns and gave them to the appropriate liberal “charities” to help them out with this atrocity....with a nice kicker to the Dem party to help stop all this!!!

Right Drifty?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Actually she was a very dumb lady and her husband literally told her to calm the eff down and quit watching the news if its going to upset her all the time.  

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

giving up smaller fish, for bigger ones, happens all the time. or do ya think this only happened with dems?

Tony Podesta small fish.  He was the most influential lobbyist in Washington during the Obama years.  yeah ok.

8 minutes ago, Zamjabronie said:

That’s why she took her sweet ass returns and gave them to the appropriate liberal “charities” to help them out with this atrocity....with a nice kicker to the Dem party to help stop all this!!!

Right Drifty?

Exactly.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Actually she was a very dumb lady and her husband literally told her to calm the eff down and quit watching the news if its going to upset her all the time.  

Tony Podesta small fish.  He was the most influential lobbyist in Washington during the Obama years.  yeah ok.

suddenly you care about lobbying? id bet a large chunk of your paycheck relies on lobbying :news:

3 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

suddenly you care about lobbying? id bet a large chunk of your paycheck relies on lobbying :news:

Ive been very consistent about my opinion of K street.  Not that you'd notice.  And you won't see my employers name on any politicians donor lists either to my knowledge.  :news: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

giving up smaller fish, for bigger ones, happens all the time. or do ya think this only happened with dems?

Smaller fish.  :lol:  

FFS Tony Podesta and his brother are part of the fucking problem.  And since they are associated so closely to the clintons, Tony gets offered immunity?  WOW. the bias is apparent with this investigation.

9 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Can anyone tell me differences between Manafort and Podesta?  Why one deserves immunity vs the other? 

One cooperates and the other doesn’t. Manafort is small potatoes to mueller. Kind of like a little side show to keep the media chewing on something. 

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

One cooperates and the other doesn’t. Manafort is small potatoes to mueller. Kind of like a little side show to keep the media chewing on something. 

Sometimes, all one has to eat and, all hey are gonna get to eat, is small potatoes from the farm next door because their own seeds can’t grow shit no matter how much fertilizer is dumped on them.

55 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Ive been very consistent about my opinion of K street.  Not that you'd notice.  And you won't see my employers name on any politicians donor lists either to my knowledge.  :news: 

no you have not. it all stopped jan 2017, but slowed down prior after you started making money directly from it. so spare us your BS

Edited by Snoslinger