Check your account email address ×

Semi driver finally charged

nothing against the Canadians here, but in my 30 years driving truck, the Canadian truck drivers are quite dangerous, what is the testing up in the great white north alot of these fuckers shouldn't be in a truck

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 01mxz800 said:

nothing against the Canadians here, but in my 30 years driving truck, the Canadian truck drivers are quite dangerous, what is the testing up in the great white north alot of these fuckers shouldn't be in a truck

I recently did a 2 month course at Arnold Brothers, passed with flying colors. Very thorough.  But a lot of these seiks go through bullshit schools in a week or less with fake documents, like the driver physical.  Only thing on our test that's different than your test is that backing proceedure

• Like 1

they can not ride a fucking camel back home.yet come here they practically bend over giving them the right to steer a big rig down the fucking road yes steer not drive.at least once a week lately one of them kills themselves or an innocent motorist.next will be the new fucking illegals getting there right to do the same.can not speak a word of english yet they pass written test.

26 minutes ago, anorkist said:

they can not ride a fucking camel back home.yet come here they practically bend over giving them the right to steer a big rig down the fucking road yes steer not drive.at least once a week lately one of them kills themselves or an innocent motorist.next will be the new fucking illegals getting there right to do the same.can not speak a word of english yet they pass written test.

You're not kidding .when I was mpi doing my road ,and when we went back for the others road test ,I thought I was in fucking India. Honestly, it was easily 90%east Indian every single time I went . And all for class 1 . Wow 

1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

In those Provinces Sask and Alberta you don't really need any training (going to change to Ontario's model) as this driver had 15 hours training at the company 

So you start Monday at 8am and by Tuesday at 3pm you get keys and a double trailer transport  - pretty fucked up 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

In those Provinces Sask and Alberta you don't really need any training (going to change to Ontario's model) as this driver had 15 hours training at the company 

So you start Monday at 8am and by Tuesday at 3pm you get keys and a double trailer transport  - pretty fucked up 

And here I wasted 2 months 

4 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

:lol: 

Ontario also has speed limiters on all Transports 105km (64m;hr) 

Same here . I believe before MB trucks leave for Ontario, their limiters are adjusted to 95 to 100 mph. I heard of guys getting nailed for speeding when sailing down hills lol. 

32 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Yeah, cause there is never any bad truck drivers on the 401 between TO and Ottawa....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure but no one is just 15 hours new to trucking 

!5 hours or not, they are downright dangerous

Just now, Momorider said:

WRONG AGAIN FAIL is :wrong: like usual :guzzle:

Yup, as usual

2 minutes ago, Blizzman said:

!5 hours or not, they are downright dangerous

Yup, as usual

Defend the actions of the Province lack of control all  you want - there are bad drivers everywhere, this isn't new 

I think 2 days isn't even close to enough knowledge to drive that much weight and size - money speaks loud in some places

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

Defend the actions of the Province lack of control all  you want - there are bad drivers everywhere, this isn't new 

I think 2 days isn't even close to enough knowledge to drive that much weight and size - money speaks loud in some places

1000 percent correct. We did 2 weeks of classroom ,6 weeks in the truck. I didn't know fuck all after 2 days really . Shit didn't start coming together for almost a week . First 2 days of driving ,no clutch . Had to get used to friction point.  After that ,double clutching. 2 days, nobodys  knows shit except the absolute basics 

Edited by xcr700

48 minutes ago, Blizzman said:

Smoke another one trail... You're missing the point as always.

Ok...pretend I'm a total retard....cause I likely am...but what trail says is correct on a time basis course.  I've done it . What are you getting at?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xcr700 said:

1000 percent correct. We did 2 weeks of classroom ,6 weeks in the truck. I didn't know fuck all after 2 days really . Shit didn't start coming together for almost a week . First 2 days of driving ,no clutch . Had to get used to friction point.  After that ,double clutching. 2 days, nobodys  knows shit except the absolute basics 

2 weeks classroom and 6 weeks in a truck is not bad at all considering what a majority of these schools provide but 6 weeks just gives you the basic feel of it, I am driver/trainer at my company all drivers we hire have to have at least 1 year verifiable experience and have to have tank and hazmat, if they have never hauled tankers they spend time with drivers before being set loose

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

2 weeks classroom and 6 weeks in a truck is not bad at all considering what a majority of these schools provide but 6 weeks just gives you the basic feel of it, I am driver/trainer at my company all drivers we hire have to have at least 1 year verifiable experience and have to have tank and hazmat, if they have never hauled tankers they spend time with drivers before being set loose

Is there a noticable difference of feel from hauling liquids in a tanker that say hauling palletized freight?

22 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Is there a noticable difference of feel from hauling liquids in a tanker that say hauling palletized freight?

depends on the tanker, baffled tanks don't have the "surge" effect that smooth bores do and have a top heavy feel, the tank I usually haul is 10k galllons, our trucks are permitted so we can run full loads so "surge" really doesn't factor in here, however, the only liquid I have issue with is if I haul calcium cloride, or magneausem cloride, as it's weight prevents filling the trailer full and are smooth bore, rough ride from Albany back to Lyons. palletized freight is pretty stationary if secured properly. either way got to use caution with tankers

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

The amount of training didn’t really matter in this situation. He either ran a stop sign or proceeded from a stop sign when it wasn’t safe to do so. That’s not a class 1 mistake, that’s a class 5 mistake.