Check your account email address ×

Polaris buys Boat Holdings.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Back in the recreational water market. :bc:

Includes Bennington Pontoons.   Worlds largest pontoon maker.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Back in the recreational water market. :bc:

Includes Bennington Pontoons.   Worlds largest pontoon maker.  

Interesting......Bennington is a good product. That was one my short list when I bought my pontoon boat.

Just now, T1R9sledder said:

Interesting......Bennington is a good product. That was one my short list when I bought my pontoon boat.

Buddies a dealer.   They make some damn nice poon-toons.  

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Good move by Polaris.:thumbsup:

If the economy is expected to stay strong it is.   I would assume that is what their economist are telling them.  

Just now, Highmark said:

If the economy is expected to stay strong it is.   I would assume that is what their economist are telling them.  

Of course and it beats the fuck out of the PWC game.

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I hope they make a small jet boat.   I thought BRP was wrong getting out of them.  Damn things go for gold now.  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Good margins I would suspect. Considering pontoons can get up in the $100K range.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yup

Good margins I would suspect. Considering pontoons can get up in the $100K range.

Yup

Shit over that.   Its crazy.   I looked at trading my 2006 340 cruiser on one and I would have owed money.  :wtf:

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

the same economists who were pumping up the last bubble right till the end probbaly.  

• Like 1

Just now, Highmark said:

Shit over that.   Its crazy.   I looked at trading my 2006 340 cruiser on one and I would have owed money.  :wtf:

It's crazy....I got a decent deal on mine. The dealer gave me $5000 more than any other dealer on my old pontoon boat. He flipped my old boat in a week and made $6K on the sale. 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

the same economists who were pumping up the last bubble right till the end probbaly.  

Street is initially cautious of the purchase.   PII down about 2%.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

"Feels" like things are topping out.  Although that doesn't mean a crash is around the corner.  Maybe we flatline-ish for 3-5 years.....which wouldn't be the end of the world. 

• Like 1

It's crazy....I got a decent deal on mine. The dealer gave me $5000 more than any other dealer on my old pontoon boat. He flipped my old boat in a week and made $6K on the sale. 

Wonder if boats still have crazy margins for the dealers?   Last boat I bought was in 2005 (06 model) and we started negotiations at 35% off MSRP.  Didn't end up far off it as well.  

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

Street is initially cautious of the purchase.   PII down about 2%.  

sort of odd . poo has been dumping a lot of workers,in the office jobs for some time now . some big shots lots of mid managment lots of paper pushers 

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

sort of odd . poo has been dumping a lot of workers,in the office jobs for some time now . some big shots lots of mid managment lots of paper pushers 

Hiring factory workers like mad.   I have friends in that area. 

Edited by Highmark

11 hours ago, Highmark said:

Hiring factory workers like mad.   I have friends in that area. 

they even cut the demo program this yr . use to lend out atv/sleds etc to clubs and events etc they cut it out when they dumped the woman running that. sort of a buzz kill for local clubs that use to get a sxs every season for marking and such  

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

they even cut the demo program this yr . use to lend out atv/sleds etc to clubs and events etc they cut it out when they dumped the woman running that. sort of a buzz kill for local clubs that use to get a sxs every season for marking and such  

Pretty much all manu's have been cutting stuff like that.  

12 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Pretty much all manu's have been cutting stuff like that.  

yeah no reason to support the organisation's that make it possible for you to even sell your products 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

yeah no reason to support the organisation's that make it possible for you to even sell your products 

Yeah I wish Arctic Cat or Doo would do something for clubs on some deeper discounts for utility sleds or something, but is what it is I guess, fuck all those volunteers.... :bc:

On 5/30/2018 at 11:47 AM, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah this bad bitch has been great, still does 50 and starts first push of the button everytime, only downfall is it smokes like an old farm tractor that has a head gasket leak, but it does help the black flies down. :lol:

20180526_174856.jpg

Edited by GGNHL