Check your account email address ×

Union negiotates for wages below minimum wage in Seattle

• Gold Member

A starting $11.64 an hour Union negotiated wage in a $15 dollar minumum wage market.  Union using the Union exemption to negiotate pay less then minimum wage

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/some-airport-workers-still-earn-less-than-minimum-wage-as-sea-tac-law-leaves-a-confusing-patchwork/

43 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

In 1990 is started a union job at 13.00 an hour, 28 yrs later unions are still 11.00? Wtf?

Aren't you paying attention? Lower wages are better!

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Aren't you paying attention? Lower wages are better!

Theres a fine line, i think 15 is flirting with it, 15 is a big jump, raising over 5 yr period might not be so hard hitting for businesses, business will hire less and force them to be creative, less full time, there's always a trade off 

15 is forcing supply without demand so there is going to be a negative effect for some time

Just now, MiSledder said:

Theres a fine line, i think 15 is flirting with it, 15 is a big jump, raising over 5 yr period might not be so hard hitting for businesses, business will hire less and force them to be creative, less full time, there's always a trade off 

15 is forcing supply without demand so there is going to be a negative effect for some time

Well this is a single market that is GROWING and can support it. But you're right this wouldn't work across the board everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well this is a single market that is GROWING and can support it. But you're right this wouldn't work across the board everywhere. 

But is it? Iv'e read business have cut jobs, cut full time employment, now part time employees want less hours to not screw up their assistance, I'm sure its helped some people

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

Post your economics degree.  Thanks :thumbsup:

You think....flirting with...force to create......STFU :thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, MiSledder said:

But is it? Iv'e read business have cut jobs, cut full time employment, now part time employees want less hours to not screw up their assistance, I'm sure its helped some people

This is downtown, labor, rent, services are expensive. Do you hear of employers pulling their business out due to the excessive costs? No, because the market is there. These doom and gloom stories are for mental midgets. 

Now if you tried this in bumfuck, Kentucky then you would have the issue of the market not supporting the labor. Seattle is huge and it's a beautiful city, lots going on there. 

Edited by Nazipigdog

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

A starting $11.64 an hour Union negotiated wage in a $15 dollar minumum wage market.  Union using the Union exemption to negiotate pay less then minimum wage

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/some-airport-workers-still-earn-less-than-minimum-wage-as-sea-tac-law-leaves-a-confusing-patchwork/

The airport is exempt from the Seattle minimum wage.

2 hours ago, MiSledder said:

With the rise in steel and aluminum costs should I hire less?