Check your account email address ×

Jet is a real faggot

15 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

they destroy roads thats a fact,  state needs to just accept that given the revenue they receive from snowmobiles IMO. drive around in the summer and it's clear where all the crossings are because the roads all chewed up

A lot of trail crossings here have a durable insert

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I agree.....they do some superficial damage to crossings......its not really a big deal. You could never tell where they were driving over them. Its visual only 

The state gets a shit ton of money from sleds .........this is a minor issue

I drive over many you can see and feel there is an actual divot :news: 

Just now, Momorider said:

I drive over many you can see and feel there is an actual divot :news: 

Are you sure its not the concrete or the coating etc that you are feeling? 

Just now, f7ben said:

No it's wore ashpalt it's no big deal like you say and these arn't anything but minor roads mostly :news: 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Probably his ass after chasing homos all day! :owned: to the max!!!

Just now, awful knawful said:

Where does it say the trail is stud damaged?

Pretty clear? 

He did say the crossings were fucked!

You dumbass motherfuck......sweet fuck are you retarded. You'd literally have to be brain dead to think he wasnt talking about damage to the trail which is pavement. Fucking moron 

"I bet we lose the paul bunyan trail this year. The stud damage is unreal."

Road crossings do wear quite a bit with heavy traffic.  MN has the ability to complain about the issue and make it illegal to actually use traction products.  It says something about our methods.  I spend a lot less money in the state after they created that dumb rule in the 90s.  I still see keeping the trails as a concern based on past practices.  I think there is some legitimacy to the gripe.

MI has done some pretty cool stuff with road crossings over the years.  They are still trying some new stuff.  It makes sense to try looking for solutions instead of banning traction.

The concrete inlays are expensive and somewhat difficult to keep seamless with road surfaces.  They are durable.  Epoxy coatings have done ok and make seamless transitions.  The latest thermoplastic method is pretty durable.  It is a little more slippery without the aggregate inlay like the epoxy.

I really like the latter two methods being used in Michigan.  All are better than the outright ban or fees for using traction devices that MN thought was such a good idea. 

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

He never said stud damage to trail. Where? He did say at road crossings.  You are fucking more retarded every day!

Shut up dumbass faggot.....you are a retard 

3 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Like a puppet on a string.  Dance!

Could you look like any more of a moron :lol: when you gonna learn that you should just smile and nod when I'm posting. Fucking moron 

3 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Just wanted to make sure.

The state has been fucking around with these biketrails for decades now. Sleds are allowed on alot of them and have been for a long time

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The state has been fucking around with these biketrails for decades now. Sleds are allowed on alot of them and have been for a long time

How long has it been since they allowed studs again in minny?

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Could you look like any more of a moron :lol: when you gonna learn that you should just smile and nod when I'm posting. Fucking moron 

How come you didn't post this part by jet? He only made 2 fucking posts in the thread. 

First post

The stud damage is unreal this year. I see no way we will get to keep it as a sled trail. Thanks to assholes

Second post

I took the kids for a Sunday car ride today and every tar road that the Paul bunyan crosses had a stud trail. It was disgusting.

pretty cut and dry

WHO'S THE RETARD? 

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

How come you didn't post this part by jet? He only made 2 fucking posts in the thread. 

First post

The stud damage is unreal this year. I see no way we will get to keep it as a sled trail. Thanks to assholes

Second post

I took the kids for a Sunday car ride today and every tar road that the Paul bunyan crosses had a stud trail. It was disgusting.

pretty cut and dry

WHO'S THE RETARD? 

Every fucking trail has road crossings you retarded fucking moron.......are you fucking downs? This trail is all paved hence the thread from Jet.....fucking retard

8 minutes ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

How long has it been since they allowed studs again in minny?

Its been 10 years or so I think since they quit with the "some trails are no studs" bullshit

I remember watching trains go down the Paul Bunyan, then for many years after the tracks were removed we rode dirt bikes,atv's and sleds on it. Then in 1993 the bicycle people announced they were paving it, this was the same year outlawed the use of motorized vehicles on the cuyuna iron range in favor of silent sports. Anyway they paved the trail, the trail was damaged, so they decided to sell a stud sticker and finally they banned studs on the trail. 

Well this year the evidence of studs being ran on the trail is disturbing at the road crossings. We will see what damage is once the trail melts. The trail was very thin on snow all year. 

Im just frightened to see what action is taken. I'm not a big fan of the trail other then it is useful in my area for getting from one trail to the next or getting home in a hurry. 

also, there plenty of stay on trail signs on the Bunyan that were being completley ignored. 

I've been thru so much trail closure with atv's and snowmobiles that I worry a lot about. 

Remember, I'm 45 years old so my point of view on this stuff goes back to the 1970's. I know how it was and I've seen a lot of shit go down in this sport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DISABLED DAVE said:

Oh i thought it was a total ban.

No , it never was a total ban. There were some trails that were no studs and you had to buy a stud sticker or some shit. I never trail rode much back then and I would have told them to fuck off if they told me I needed a "stud" sticker :lol: