Check your account email address ×

Farmers taking it yet again...

Farmers will adjust.....and they will be fine. If they cant market their products to countries who are treating us fairly in trade then they need to come up with a better plan 

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Good.....most of the stupid fuckers voted for Dump.....plus the 1930’s Ag welfare program is antiquated and need updated.

When was the last time you were at a store getting something edible?

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Farmers will adjust.....and they will be fine. If they cant market their products to countries who are treating us fairly in trade then they need to come up with a better plan 

When the market price is $.50/bushel under cost of production, what do you do?

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

you either operate at a loss until the price gets better or grow something else........what the fuck do you think this is????

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Cry me a fucking river.....WTF is a ‘deficiency payment’.......same can be said for any commodity..  Why are we subsidizing you to over produce? 

Edited by SnowRider

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you either operate at a loss until the price gets better or grow something else........what the fuck do you think this is????

Crop prices tend to trend with the major commodity crops - IE veggie crops/potatoes/edibles are paid better when corn/soybeans are high.

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Cry me a fucking river.....WTF is a ‘deficiency payment’.......same can be said for any commodity..  Why are we subsidizing younto over produce? 

So you can nibble on Doritos while you bitch about a tool kit, or something like that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Crop prices tend to trend with the major commodity crops - IE veggie crops/potatoes/edibles are paid better when corn/soybeans are high.

So you can nibble on Doritos while you bitch about a tool kit, or something like that. 

I have no issue supporting our farmers but we need to keep markets viable. That means if there is oversupply then it needs to be cured quickly. Possibly pay some farmers not to grow or put quotas on who can grow what. the fact that other countries who are raping us on trade may hold their purchase of our farm goods as leverage is no reason to back away from pursuing fair treatment.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Minor compared to what this will do to aerospace and the supply chain. 

adjustments will be made......if aerospace was dependent on chinese bullshit then they needed to change 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

adjustments will be made......if aerospace was dependent on chinese bullshit then they needed to change 

I’m sure those that lose their jobs will be happy to know 300 steel mill jobs got created. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I’m sure those that lose their jobs will be happy to know 300 steel mill jobs got created. 

whats right is right and just the two announcements from last week will amount to 1000's of jobs 

• Thanks 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

No it won’t. 

:lol: 1300 direct jobs at granite city and loraine announced last week.....that will be about 3k total full time jobs just to support the plants. Plus all the ancillary employment that it creates. Truckers ,equipment manu's etc etc. There is another announcement of a mill starting up in Ohio coming this week. It will be 10's of thousands of jobs when its done. 

We arent talking counselor salaries here either.....we are talking 100k plus jobs 

37 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Good.....most of the stupid fuckers voted for Dump.....plus the 1930’s Ag welfare program is antiquated and need updated.

You sell light bulbs for christ's sake.  

Need I say more?

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I have no issue supporting our farmers but we need to keep markets viable.  Agree That means if there is oversupply then it needs to be cured quickly.  Agree  Possibly pay some farmers not to grow or put quotas on who can grow what.  CRP, CERP, farmers chasing the subsidies, etc. the fact that other countries who are raping us on trade may hold their purchase of our farm goods as leverage is no reason to back away from pursuing fair treatment.  Agree. 

To me, it is kind of sad what has happened in ag now that many people are 2-3-4 generations removed from a farm.  To many, it is a romanticized lifestyle where all the food they eat is grown my mom and pop on Old McDonald's farm on the back 40 of Iowa.  Reality is far from their rose colored glasses.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: 1300 direct jobs at granite city and loraine announced last week.....that will be about 3k total full time jobs just to support the plants. Plus all the ancillary employment that it creates. Truckers ,equipment manu's etc etc. There is another announcement of a mill starting up in Ohio coming this week. It will be 10's of thousands of jobs when its done. 

We arent talking counselor salaries here either.....we are talking 100k plus jobs 

What about government funded counselor salaries?  

Just now, hayward said:

You sell light bulbs for christ's sake.  

Need I say more?

Exactly and he was blabbing about selling to large stadiums and arenas and many of those are taxpayer subsidized.....fucking dummy needs to look in the mirror before ripping farmers.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

To me, it is kind of sad what has happened in ag now that many people are 2-3-4 generations removed from a farm.  To many, it is a romanticized lifestyle where all the food they eat is grown my mom and pop on Old McDonald's farm on the back 40 of Iowa.  Reality is far from their rose colored glasses.

for sure.....its complicated. Farming is an essential industry here in the US and needs to be given special consideration. I also want to make sure that family farms get special consideration over an above what we would afford corporate operations 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Exactly and he was blabbing about selling to large stadiums and arenas and many of those are taxpayer subsidized.....fucking dummy needs to look in the mirror before ripping farmers.

You wont see me outright disparaging farmers but when the fuckers cry that our attempts to attain fair trade are causing them harm because countries that are fucking us retaliate with tariffs on their products.....well that pisses me off. We are all on the same team here......how long have farmers been on the dole???? They need to realize that many other domestic producers of all types of goods have been getting the shaft for a long time and if we need to get nasty with some countries and they dont want to buy our goods then so be it 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

And alot of that is gov't funded too! :lol:

These poor fricken dairy guys are the ones I feel for right now.  The man and wife who just wanted to wake up everyday, 365 days a week, not hire anyone, work with what they have and try and do it right by not getting a whole lot bigger and taking on huge debt.  Maybe update a piece of equipment every year or two.  If they're young and have a mortgage left to pay off, they're pulling $ out their savings to stay afloat and hoping for better days to come.  Though it's been a long wait and still looking bleak.  These big operations continue to take on more debt and produce more and more milk at whatever cost to do it, and they're the only ones going to be standing in the end.  

And the milk marketing that comes out of their checks?  For what?  Whens the last time you've seen a commercial, or a billboard, or something to a positive effect to support the consumption of milk?  Now it's all fake shit, soy, almond, etc.  that gets all the push.  Did the use of antibiotics by dairys a few years back have an effect on it?  Yeah probably, even if the media portrayed it to be worse than it actually was.

Ag is not the place to be right now.  Even the guys with everything paid for and collecting social security are basically just going through the motions all year long. Not making any progress at all.

1 minute ago, hayward said:

And alot of that is gov't funded too! :lol:

These poor fricken dairy guys are the ones I feel for right now.  The man and wife who just wanted to wake up everyday, 365 days a week, not hire anyone, work with what they have and try and do it right by not getting a whole lot bigger and taking on huge debt.  Maybe update a piece of equipment every year or two.  If they're young and have a mortgage left to pay off, they're pulling $ out their savings to stay afloat and hoping for better days to come.  Though it's been a long wait and still looking bleak.  These big operations continue to take on more debt and produce more and more milk at whatever cost to do it, and they're the only ones going to be standing in the end.  

And the milk marketing that comes out of their checks?  For what?  Whens the last time you've seen a commercial, or a billboard, or something to a positive effect to support the consumption of milk?  Now it's all fake shit, soy, almond, etc.  that gets all the push.  Did the use of antibiotics by dairys a few years back have an effect on it?  Yeah probably, even if the media portrayed it to be worse than it actually was.

Ag is not the place to be right now.  Even the guys with everything paid for and collecting social security are basically just going through the motions all year long. Not making any progress at all.

I like milk at 2.50 a gallon but if its 3$ and it helps people I'd like to pay a little more 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You wont see me outright disparaging farmers but when the fuckers cry that our attempts to attain fair trade are causing them harm because countries that are fucking us retaliate with tariffs on their products.....well that pisses me off. We are all on the same team here......how long have farmers been on the dole???? They need to realize that many other domestic producers of all types of goods have been getting the shaft for a long time and if we need to get nasty with some countries and they dont want to buy our goods then so be it 

:thumbsup: