Check your account email address ×

Road Construction

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just drove 2200 miles from Iowa to Raleigh, NC and back and cannot get over the amount of road construction going on.   A little over half was the same road as I came back a bit different route for a change of scenery.   I'm not sure I went a 50 mile stretch at any one point where there wasn't some type of road construction going on.

Some absolutely beautiful scenery thru Kentucky, Western NC and West Virginia.  Definitely going back with my bike and riding that area some day.  

2 minutes ago, Capt.Storm said:

Good that they're fixing the roads right?

Sure but its funny to hear how we are not spending enough on infrastructure.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Just drove 2200 miles from Iowa to Raleigh, NC and back and cannot get over the amount of road construction going on.   A little over half was the same road as I came back a bit different route for a change of scenery.   I'm not sure I went a 50 mile stretch at any one point where there wasn't some type of road construction going on.

Some absolutely beautiful scenery thru Kentucky, Western NC and West Virginia.  Definitely going back with my bike and riding that area some day.  

Something to check out if you go: http://tailofthedragon.com/

And I found that relying on google maps reroutes helped avoiding traffic jams due to construction and accidents...note I said helped. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

48,000 miles of Interstate, 158,000 miles of US Route Highway, and overall there are 4,000,000 miles of roads in this country.....and you saw 2,200 miles....

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

48,000 miles of Interstate, 158,000 miles of US Route Highway, and overall there are 4,000,000 miles of roads in this country.....and you saw 2,200 miles....

So what.   We supposedly can accurately poll within +/-3% (statistical margin of error) by polling 1500 people out of just shy of 150 million legal voters.  

52 minutes ago, Highmark said:

West Virginia is really nice. I've spent a lot of time down there hiking, camping, and canoeing. Nice place to get away...

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So what.   We supposedly can accurately poll within +/-3% (statistical margin of error) by polling 1500 people out of just shy of 150 million legal voters.  

Vince knows and sees all from his suburban Chicago home....don't dare to question him.:thumbsdown:

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

We have not been for thirtyy years so it could go on 24\7 365 for twenty years just to get caught up.

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

Federal money. Haven't you heard about all of the conservatives being pissed off that the republicans caved and gave Obama everything he wanted to avoid any conflict in the election?

There's 120 miles of road construction on hwy 61 from Two Harbors, MN to the Canadian border, and single lane I35 all the way threw Duluth. Duluth is all fucked up with road construction, I take a back road route that's 5 miles longer to avoid it.