Check your account email address ×

****Official 2019 NFL Thread**** A new Seaon Begins

ckf

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

That guy has made tens of millions of dollars and done basically nothing in the league...SMH.

He had one mediocre season in Denver.  It was all downhill from there.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Harmon detained in Costa Rica for alleged marijuana possession

New England Patriots safety Duron Harmon was denied entry into Costa Rica and sent back to the United States after customs officers allegedly found marijuana and paraphernalia in his luggage Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday, via a source informed of the situation.

Harmon was allegedly caught with 58 grams of marijuana inside a can of iced tea, three pipes with cannabis oil, a THC candy, and four glass containers with compressed marijuana that weighed 4.3 grams, Rapoport reported.

Harmon was not arrested, Rapoport added.

• 2 weeks later...

The conspiracy theories started roughly one minute after the first report emerged that the Patriots traded wide receiver Brandin Cooks to the Rams.

This is a sign Tom Brady is retiring.

The Patriots are loading up for a run at Odell Beckham Jr.

New England will trade up for a top quarterback.

The reality is probably a lot more boring: The Patriots likely didn't want to pay Cooks. Entering the final, fifth-year option of his rookie contract, Cooks was due for a massive extension this offseason or next. Based on what receivers Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson earned on the open market this year, that could have been a difficult contract for Patriots coach Bill Belichick to swallow. Then again, trying to get inside of Belichick's mind is a lonely, fool's errand.

The Rams were clearly interested buyers here, with multiple reports indicating they chased Cooks for weeks, ultimately sending the No. 23 overall pick and a sixth-rounder to New England. That first-round selection is nine spots higher than the one the Patriots sent to the Saints for Cooks a year ago in a trade that proved to be a fruitful one-year rental for Belichick and Co.

8 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

The conspiracy theories started roughly one minute after the first report emerged that the Patriots traded wide receiver Brandin Cooks to the Rams.

This is a sign Tom Brady is retiring.

The Patriots are loading up for a run at Odell Beckham Jr.

New England will trade up for a top quarterback.

The reality is probably a lot more boring: The Patriots likely didn't want to pay Cooks. Entering the final, fifth-year option of his rookie contract, Cooks was due for a massive extension this offseason or next. Based on what receivers Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson earned on the open market this year, that could have been a difficult contract for Patriots coach Bill Belichick to swallow. Then again, trying to get inside of Belichick's mind is a lonely, fool's errand.

The Rams were clearly interested buyers here, with multiple reports indicating they chased Cooks for weeks, ultimately sending the No. 23 overall pick and a sixth-rounder to New England. That first-round selection is nine spots higher than the one the Patriots sent to the Saints for Cooks a year ago in a trade that proved to be a fruitful one-year rental for Belichick and Co.

Business as usual for Belichick. 

Bill-and-Gronk.jpg

Another day, another Gronk vs. Bill Belichick story.

It feels like every angle of this story has been covered, but there is a new report that may provide some background on how this apparent feud started. According to a report in the Boston Herald, Belichick "chastised" Gronk for training with Alex Guerrero in front of his teammates.

To piggyback off of the report, that would seem like a way for Belichick to stop other players from working with Guerrero and stick to the team's training staff.

It's been well documented that Gronk has adopted a lot of the TB12 Method and Belichick hasn't been too thrilled about it. As we know, Belichick and Guerrero have a pretty rocky relationship, and this certainly isn't going to help matters.

This may also lend some credence to recent reports that some Patriots players, namely Gronk and Tom Brady, were feeling "miserable" under Belichick.

Dez Bryant is done in Dallas.

The Cowboys released their longtime wide receiver on Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

Bryant's release comes after a highly anticipated meeting with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Friday to discuss the receiver's contract situation. The 29-year-old was due $12.5 million with a $16.5 million cap hit in 2018.

Of the eight wide receivers set to earn more than $12 million in 2018, Bryant was the only one to have averaged less than 1,000 receiving yards per season (678).

6 minutes ago, ckf said:

The Cowboys released their longtime wide receiver on Friday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of the situation.

Bryant's release comes after a highly anticipated meeting with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on Friday to discuss the receiver's contract situation. The 29-year-old was due $12.5 million with a $16.5 million cap hit in 2018.

Of the eight wide receivers set to earn more than $12 million in 2018, Bryant was the only one to have averaged less than 1,000 receiving yards per season (678).

Ya beat me to it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ckf said:

Wow.  I bet a half dozen team are already sewing his name on to the back of their jersey.  Jones has a way of pushing people out before their good years are over.  Playoffs anyone? Haven't won their division since the mid 90's I think.  Oooof.

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I never cared for the guy.

Just now, ZamHammer said:

Wow.  I bet a half dozen team are already sewing his name on to the back of their jersey.  Jones has a way of pushing people out before their good years are over.  Playoffs anyone? Haven't won their division since the mid 90's I think.  Oooof.

Bryant is a PITA...fuck ‘em.:thumbsup:

Fuck...I was listening to some stuff going on with some of the other shitheads in the league the other day also.  Beckam is a real peice of work too.  

1 minute ago, ZamHammer said:

Fuck...I was listening to some stuff going on with some of the other shitheads in the league the other day also.  Beckam is a real peice of work too.  

Wide Receivers are the prima donnas/divas of The NFL....that being said if these fuckers want to shoot roids and snort blow have at it. This whole facade and image the NFL tries to portray is assinine. :lol:

Wide Receivers are the prima donnas/divas of The NFL....that being said if these fuckers want to shoot roids and snort blow have at it. This whole facade and image the NFL tries to portray is assinine. :lol:

AyyyMen!  :bc:

1 minute ago, ZamHammer said:

AyyyMen!  :bc:

Most of these guys are crippled and have scrambled brains by their 50’s but how dare they smoke weed when they are playing.....just take a needle and pop these pain killers...the “team” doctor says you’ll be fine. WTF.

6 minutes ago, ZamHammer said:

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's what I love about a receiver like Jerry Rice, one of the best ever on and off the field and the guy did the hard work off the field and avoided the foolishness.

Just now, snoughnut said:

That's what I love about a receiver like Jerry Rice, one of the best ever on and off the field and the guy did the hard work off the field and avoided the foolishness.

Everytime I watched a Cowboy game Bryant was on the sidelines throwing tantrums and bitching at coaches/players.

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Yup.  Class fucking act.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Everytime I watched a Cowboy game Bryant was on the sidelines throwing tantrums and bitching at coaches/players.

Boy...but he's got a bitchin' highlight reel.

1 minute ago, jammin said:

GB could sign DB at the right $$ ..... Would be interesting. 

It worked when the Pack signed Andre Rison back in the day, he was a cocky rooster also, sometimes it works. :lmao:

• Like 1

Just now, snoughnut said:

It worked when the Pack signed Andre Rison back in the day, he was a cocky rooster also, sometimes it works. :lmao:

I was in the ATL area when his crazy TLC hot piece burned his fucking house down after he beat her up.  :lol:

46 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Exactly what I was thinking about.  Has to be for the right money and a 1.... maybe 2 year deal.  :bc: