Check your account email address ×

Spring checking sleds

Just now, f7ben said:

Its too bad the economy took a shit when FAST was bringing the Blade into the fold.....if more people would have dumped some coin on that and kept the Karpicks in the game we might have another viable sled being built still 

Yeah....they needed a cash influx for parts and service.  Without that, hard to compete.  Great lightweight sled tho.

Just now, Zambroski said:

That's the first time I've EVER read that.  Anywhere.  My crash a couple years ago would have totaled my Doo...without ANY question.  Based on what I've seen, heard and looked at on the Axys, it would have been trailered trash also.  I limped the cat home (miserably) and boldted on new parts that week as I liked my wounds.  Astonishing really but that's also why it was about 100lbs heavier than my doo.

Oh the Doo doesnt even qualify in the conversation.....I could fold one of them abortions up pulling it out of the truck. Seriously....the Polaris is tough as nails. 

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

That's the first time I've EVER read that.  Anywhere.  My crash a couple years ago would have totaled my Doo...without ANY question.  Based on what I've seen, heard and looked at on the Axys, it would have been trailered trash also.  I limped the cat home (miserably) and boldted on new parts that week as I liked my wounds.  Astonishing really but that's also why it was about 100lbs heavier than my doo.

The axys is a tough chassis, when you dig into it you can tell the engineers did a great job on that. So simple and so strong and light. Brilliant work. 

Skidoo has brilliant engineering also but definitely weaker. The Polaris is just a bad ass. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Oh the Doo doesnt even qualify in the conversation.....I could fold one of them abortions up pulling it out of the truck. Seriously....the Polaris is tough as nails. 

That's been documented on HCS too.  :lol: Sombody caught a carbide loading it on a trailer and it tweaked the S-module.  Just a bit of bad luck of course...I beat the shit out of mine and was mostly always able to bend it all back in shape.  Mostly.  :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

The axys is a tough chassis, when you dig into it you can tell the engineers did a great job on that. So simple and so strong and light. Brilliant work. 

Skidoo has brilliant engineering also but definitely weaker. The Polaris is just a bad ass. 

It's a lighweight performance consumer chassis.  They are only so tough.  

That's been documented on HCS too.  :lol: Sombody caught a carbide loading it on a trailer and it tweaked the S-module.  Just a bit of bad luck of course...I beat the shit out of mine and was mostly always able to bend it all back in shape.  Mostly.  :lmao:

I bent one pulling it out of the truck.....snagged carbide on tailgate. I also bent one on a manhole cover in town coasting to a stop at probably 5mph. Prestone bent on on a paved bike trail when he hit a little mogul in a corner :lol: 

It's a lighweight performance consumer chassis.  They are only so tough.  

Its tougher than any skidoo and handles better than any cat... :news:

Just now, f7ben said:

I bent one pulling it out of the truck.....snagged carbide on tailgate. I also bent one on a manhole cover in town coasting to a stop at probably 5mph. Prestone bent on on a paved bike trail when he hit a little mogul in a corner :lol: 

Fuck I hit a tree head on last year and didn't bend shit. Rode alot of shitty trails, rolled em both a couple times and always drag my shit off the back of the truck. And I'm a fat ass. No bends. 

Just now, Jet said:

Blair Morgan/Tucker Hibbert are the ones that came up with rider forward ergo''s

Tucker is over 6 feet tall and wins lots of races on procross

Blair Morgan left cat racing to race for skidoo. Hibbert was born into cat. 

Just now, Nazipigdog said:

Fuck I hit a tree head on last year and didn't bend shit. Rode alot of shitty trails, rolled em both a couple times and always drag my shit off the back of the truck. And I'm a fat ass. No bends. 

They bend when you leverage the ski....not when you hit them head on 

2 minutes ago, Jet said:

Blair Morgan/Tucker Hibbert are the ones that came up with rider forward ergo''s

Yah....and how often are they sitting down :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

Hard to tell in the pick but when I crashed, the force of the left ski hitting the object and stoipping me actually collapsed the rear of the lower A-arm forward.  THE REAR.  It popped the paint off the weld of the chassis but straight as an arrow.  It was all ass over tea kettle after that.

366.JPG

5 minutes ago, Jet said:

No chance Tucker is over 6 feet.  None.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

No chance Tucker is over 6 feet.  None.  

and he could be 6'10 and it wouldnt be germane to the discussion :lol: have you met our friend Jet before.....he's a little "off" 

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

No question...

I tend to believe it.  I think they've tightened up their A arms and epoxy practices on their front ends.  Haven't read to much about them tweaking up lately.  I think Doo has too but those modules in the front were a tinfoiled mess.  

1 hour ago, Jet said:

Two frogs in quebec came up with the original rev. That' what drove the industry to where it is now.

19 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Two frogs in quebec came up with the original rev. That' what drove the industry to where it is now.

No No No.....it was Blair Morgan and Tucker Hibbert :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Jet said:

First place I saw rider forward concepts was in sno x

I think the rider forward Rev appeared as a concept in 2001 and Blair had it for SX in 2002.  AC,   Yamaha and Poo spent the first season laughing at it and trying to convince everyone is was a stupid fad.  After that season, they were all at the drawing board trying to catch up.  Well, not Yamaha.  It’s still a fad to them. :lmao: