Check your account email address ×

Gary Cohn Resigns As Top Economic Advisor

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

The latest data calculated by OpenSecrets.org reports on disclosed information from 2012. The latest batch of numbers shows that the 113th Congress had a median net worth of $1,008,767. This is the first time in history that the majority of members are millionaires.[1]

For information on which members saw the highest change during their tenure, please see Ballotpedia's page on the Changes in Net Worth of U.S. Senators and Representatives (Personal Gain Index).

I'm good with congress having high net worth,  i would hope we would want people already successful to represent us.  A bigger concern is a guy like bernie who has nothing now being worth millions because he's been sucking dick in office for 40 years.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Angry ginger said:

I'm good with congress having high net worth,  i would hope we would want people already successful to represent us.  A bigger concern is a guy like bernie who has nothing now being worth millions because he's been sucking dick in office for 40 years.  

Exactly . You want successful people. What you don't want is people who went in worth $100k and 2 terms later are worth 1.5 mill . While working a job that pays $174 k.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

Exactly . You want successful people. What you don't want is people who went in worth $100k and 2 terms later are worth 1.5 mill . While working a job that pays $174 k.

Bingo, this is a big problem. 

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Bernie made some money from a book ....big fucking deal you hack. The other fucking pieces of shit legislated their way to wealth buy selling us out. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, f7ben said:

Bernie made some money from a book ....big fucking deal you hack. The other fucking pieces of shit legislated their way to wealth buy selling us out. 

bernies a fucking pos just like the rest of the lifers.  sucking the government tit from your political office for 40 years is disgusting and should never be allowed to happen.  we don't need professional politicians we need representatives of the people.  until we implement term limits nothing will change.  it's why in general states are better run than the fed government, less lifers since they want to move onto the real money train at the fed level or get back to earning.  We have the biggest legislature in the country here in NH,  do you know what we pay them?  $100 a year because there job is to represent the people and still work a FT job in the real world so they aren't blind to what really goes on in the streets

31 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Bullshit . The cost of a can of beer will increase no more then a penny each can . No beer drinker will stop drinking beer because a 6 pack went up 6 cents in price. I'm willing to bet prices went up more then that when fuel prices were higher . And that price increase probably never went away. I know I increase my prices when fuel was $350 a gallon. And I never lowered then when it came back down.

No comment on the jobs lost got it. :lol: 

Just now, Kev144 said:

Oh boy.  

you're a fucking idiot......you probably need to get RR over here so you can just reach around on him and dont have to have any ideas of your own

26 minutes ago, f7ben said:

the ones accepting shit tons of money from Corps to write laws that allow them to offshore ?????

Jesus christ.......as if Slinger didn't already know the answer to that question.

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

you're a fucking idiot......you probably need to get RR over here so you can just reach around on him and dont have to have any ideas of your own

Shut up dull normal 

20 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

LOL!!! While American wage stagnation is a massive problem? It appears to me that members of Congress have failed miserably at their jobs while at the same time those overpaid members of Congress don't think so. You can't make this shit up, I thought you were smarter than this Geoffrey. :pan::lmao:

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

LOL!!! While American wage stagnation is a massive problem? It appears to me that members of Congress have failed miserably at their jobs while at the same time those overpaid members of Congress don't think so. You can't make this shit up, I thought you were smarter than this Geoffrey. :pan::lmao:

Geoffry is globalist scum with no regard for the american middle class.......he's made that quite clear of the last years 

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

You won't fuck us on nafta. The steel tariffs are trumps temper tantrum because the nafta negotiations aren't going his way.  

That's why the talks are dragging on. Trump keeps trying to win and he doesn't have enough leverage. 

3 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

ben thinks all other countries, even those with very poor economic conditions and many civilians living in shit huts, are going to bend over so America can get even richer.

Ben doesn't usually think. Good of you to give him credit. In the end Trump playing the ugly American won't help any trade negotiations. The US is seen as an unreliable partner at best and a dishonest negotiator at worst.  I doubt many businesses want to invest when the rules change by the week. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Multiple industries have already come out saying steel/aluminum tariffs will force them to drop jobs and raise costs.  (Beer industry was one example)

Electrolux have put a $250,000,000.00 expansion on hold because of the tariffs.  So much winning from Trumps policies 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

That's why the talks are dragging on. Trump keeps trying to win and he doesn't have enough leverage. 

Ben doesn't usually think. Good of you to give him credit. In the end Trump playing the ugly American won't help any trade negotiations. The US is seen as an unreliable partner at best and a dishonest negotiator at worst.  I doubt many businesses want to invest when the rules change by the week. 

Electrolux have put a $250,000,000.00 expansion on hold because of the tariffs.  So much winning from Trumps policies 

But Ben says I'm an idiot.  What a joke he is. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The US has the position of power because we are the worlds biggest consumer and without our market companies cease to exist......the end you brain dead fuck 

US Steel gonna fire Granite City back up because of the tariffs ......that is 500 Direct 100k minimum jobs and 1000's of support jobs 

Electrolux .... :lol: ppppppffffytyttyt

fucking retard 

33 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Geoffry is globalist scum with no regard for the american middle class.......he's made that quite clear of the last years 

What other occupation can you keep getting raises and percs while at the same time being an absolute failure? Don't say weathermen. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

What other occupation can you keep getting raises and percs while at the same time being an absolute failure? Don't say weathermen. :lmao:

:lol: well when you get to vote yourself the raises and perc its a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The US has the position of power because we are the worlds biggest consumer and without our market companies cease to exist......the end you brain dead fuck 

1billion chinese and 1 billion Indians may prove you wrong.  There was a time those people dreamed of going to the US to make it rich. That's not as common as it US to be.  BTW China and the European union both have higher GDP's than the US.  Dirt poor India is half of your GDP but they are growing. 

You are getting dummer again, try licking another junction box, see if that helps.

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

1billion chinese and 1 billion Indians may prove you wrong.  There was a time those people dreamed of going to the US to make it rich. That's not as common as it US to be.  BTW China and the European union both have higher GDP's than the US.  Dirt poor India is half of your GDP but they are growing. 

You are getting dummer again, try licking another junction box, see if that helps.

China has a grossly overstated GDP and the EU is 28 fucking countries put together :lol: sweet fuck are you a brain dead fucking moron 

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

congressman aren't paid all that much.  I wouldn't deal with the public like they have to for that little money.  

america is still a land of great opportunity,  if your not getting your share it's time to do something different.  Only in america are guys making 6 figures with a HS education complaining about how unfair everything is to them.