Check your account email address ×

Trump slams GOP officials' national security letter

More reassurance for GOP donors.

Trump slams GOP officials' national security letter

Donald Trump on Monday lashed out at 50 top Republican national security officials for criticizing his presidential campaign.

"The names on this letter are the ones the American people should look to for answers on why the world is a mess, and we thank them for coming forward so everyone in this country knows who deserves the blame for making the world such a dangerous place," he said in a statement.

"They are nothing more than the failed Washington elite looking to hold onto their power, and it's time they are held accountable for their actions."

Trump said the coalition dismissing his national security positions are many of the same voices guiding Hillary Clinton's poor foreign policies.

"These insiders - along with Hillary Clinton - are the owners of the disastrous decisions to invade Iraq, allow Americans to die in Benghazi, and they are the ones who allowed the rise of [the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria]," the GOP's presidential nominee said.

"Yet despite these failures, they think they are entitled to use their favor trading to land taxpayer-funded government contracts and speaking fees," Trump added.

"It's time we put our foot down and declare that their gravy train is over: No longer will Crooked Hillary Clinton and the other disasters in Washington get rich at our expense."

A group of 50 top Republican national security officials published a letter earlier Monday declaring Trump is unfit for the presidency.

The letter was signed by aides and Cabinet members from past GOP administrations including former Presidents George W. Bush's and Richard Nixon's.

"Mr. Trump lacks the character, values and experience to be president," the letter says. "He weakens U.S. moral authority as the leader of the free world.

"He appears to lack basic knowledge about the belief in U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press and an independent judiciary."

The letter comes as some top Republicans have publicly chosen to support Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, rather than Trump.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-gop-officials-national-security-letter/ar-BBvp4hE

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Richard Nixons former cabinet member opposes a Dump because the gravy train is coming to an end......says racer, Cappy, and Momo :read:

Mainecat always disagrees with me but Dick Nixon is the best foreign policy president we ever had, brilliant was our detente with China and Russia, and our nuke treaties with with the Soviets, but hey Trump says everyone should have nuke.

10 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Mainecat always disagrees with me but Dick Nixon is the best foreign policy president we ever had, brilliant was our detente with China and Russia, and our nuke treaties with with the Soviets, but hey Trump says everyone should have nuke.

I agree Nixon was a great foreign policy president. Unfortunately thats it

9 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Well, Obama seems to be the one who thinks that everyone, including Iran, should have nukes.

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

He took way too long departing Vietnam costing many more lives.

The fact of the matter is that there over 550,000 troops in Vietnam in January 1969, by 1970 there 335,000, in 1971 it was 158,000, in 1972 there was a peace agreement, you just can't cut and run on an ally overnight.

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He took way too long departing Vietnam costing many more lives.

I remember that being one of his campaign promises to get us out of there. Took some time, but he came through...

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The fact of the matter is that there over 550,000 troops in Vietnam in January 1969, by 1970 there 335,000, in 1971 it was 158,000, in 1972 there was a peace agreement, you just can't cut and run on an ally overnight.

He escalated the war in Laos and Cambodia costing 22,000 more American lives when he ran on ending it.

He was an asshole. The more I think about him the more I remember back when he was in office and friends older brothers were heading to Vietnam and a some never came back when the guy promised to end the war.

36 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He escalated the war in Laos and Cambodia costing 22,000 more American lives when he ran on ending it.

He was an asshole. The more I think about him the more I remember back when he was in office and friends older brothers were heading to Vietnam and a some never came back when the guy promised to end the war.

The North Vietnamese moved the Ho Chi Minh Trail further west into into Laos and Cambodia, we just couldn't stand by and allow supplies to the NVA and the VC to flow unimpeded into South Vietnam.

I read the book below about 20 years ago it's a great non-fiction read, as a side note the Hmong were one of the most badass allies this country has had.

1104712.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

He got us out of Vietnam too, maybe not as fast as you thought it should be but he got us out.

True.   He wasn't the Neocon Kennedy and Johnson were.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I think your numbers are a bit high regarding American losses in Laos and Cambodia.    

We could have and should have won that war.   We stopped within miles of the command structure in Cambodia that could have had a huge impact.   No matter what you feel about a war once you take the fight to the point we did you win it.  The only way to win that war was to stop movement in Cambodia and Laos.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_Campaign

Due to increasing political and domestic turbulence in the U.S., President Nixon issued a directive on 7 May limiting the distance and duration of U.S. operations to a depth of 30 kilometers (19 mi) and setting a deadline of 30 June for the withdrawal of all U.S. forces to South Vietnam.

http://thevietnamwar.info/how-could-u-s-have-won-the-vietnam-war/

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I think your numbers are a bit high regarding American losses in Laos and Cambodia.    

We could have and should have won that war.   We stopped within miles of the command structure in Cambodia that could have had a huge impact.   No matter what you feel about a war once you take the fight to the point we did you win it.  The only way to win that war was to stop movement in Cambodia and Laos.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodian_Campaign

Due to increasing political and domestic turbulence in the U.S., President Nixon issued a directive on 7 May limiting the distance and duration of U.S. operations to a depth of 30 kilometers (19 mi) and setting a deadline of 30 June for the withdrawal of all U.S. forces to South Vietnam.

http://thevietnamwar.info/how-could-u-s-have-won-the-vietnam-war/

We could never have won the Vietnam war unless we used nukes and that was never going to happen.

47,000 Americans gave their lives up for that shit hole.

8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We could never have won the Vietnam war unless we used nukes and that was never going to happen.

and that sucks big time..but so doesn't 80,000 abortions each month but hey who's counting.

Edited by Capt.Storm

16 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There are 58,201 names on the wall.

There was no winning that war, we were propping up a corrupt South Vietnamese government.

Edited by Mileage Psycho

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

There are 58,201 names on the wall.

There was no winning that war, we were propping up a corrupt South Vietnamese government.

There are 3 that were friends on that wall.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

There are 3 that were friends on that wall.

Why didn't you go mc? Number didn't come up? I have 2 that I knew on the wall. I was about 10 years late for that party, thankfully.