Check your account email address ×

Is the body cold yet?

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You can't legitimately deny it's a utility though...

Neal

'utility' is a creation by government to effectively gain control over a  private business.

each isp should be able to provide it's service as it sees fit...according to the wishes of it's customers as shown by it's subscriber base.

Edited by oleroule

3 minutes ago, oleroule said:

'utility' is a creation by government to gain control over a  private business.

each isp should be able to provide it's service as it sees fit...according to the wishes of it's customers as shown by it's subscriber base.

Ok, the problem then rolls over to monopoly busting and control.  1/3 of the US only has a single provider option.  That becomes even more painful for consumers.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Ok, the problem then rolls over to monopoly busting and control.  1/3 of the US only has a single provider option.  That becomes even more painful for consumers.

Neal

sounds like you have a business opportunity.

13 hours ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I'm surprised they're still in business. What do they even do nowadays? At least on the East coast, they have the worst reception of any carrier. However I was up Maine the other day and, saw a fucking payphone!! I couldn't believe it lol! Hope they're not putting all their eggs in that basket... 😉

pretty sure at&t still owns a majority of the lines in this country that every cell phone still has to use and most of your internet data eventually runs through

Edited by Ez ryder

3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Well, for consumers it seems best to treat it like a utility, a landline phone company for example.  It never used to cost you more to call the Chevy dealership than to call the Ford dealership.  Or an electric utility, which cannot charge more for electrical service to your Whirlpool refrigerator than your Amana freezer.

Neal

no but that ford dealer had to pay more for tv time during the 6 news than the chev dealer had to pay for there spot on he haw . same with your refrigerator adds . ma bell did give breaks to big phone users I bet whirlpool got a break per line cheaper than Amana because they prob had 10x the lines

18 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

the whole country still relies on very few corps who own and maintain the actual phone lines . and even less corps run the fiber optic lines

So literally in a matter of days right wing fucking idiots went from "That will never happen , we dont need more regulations for stuff that will never happen"

to

"Well , this is a free market and these companies should have a right to make decisions ....blah blah blah blah"

dumbass fucking moron pieces of shit

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

no but that ford dealer had to pay more for tv time during the 6 news than the chev dealer had to pay for there spot on he haw . same with your refrigerator adds . ma bell did give breaks to big phone users I bet whirlpool got a break per line cheaper than Amana because they prob had 10x the lines

You are a bit hard to follow there....

Can you use some good grammar and some punctuation?

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

You are a bit hard to follow there....

Can you use some good grammar and some punctuation?

Neal

Would it be too much to ask for him to throw some logic in as well ????

I read sponsored data to mean that ATT isn’t charging me, the customer , for it’s consumption.  The data does not count against my plan, which is how we consume.  They are making the money off the content provider, not me.  Sponsored data doesn’t say anything about priority of that traffic across the network.

Show me where they are prioritizing data.

Just now, F3600 said:

I read sponsored data to mean that ATT isn’t charging me, the customer , for it’s consumption.  The data does not count against my plan, which is how we consume.  They are making the money off the content provider, not me.  Sponsored data doesn’t say anything about priority of that traffic across the network.

Show me where they are prioritizing data.

They are prioritizing data based on who pays them to. Sugar coat it any way you like. It's exactly what net neutrality rules were made to prevent