Check your account email address ×

Trump once again wants to cut energy assistance to the poor

4 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Here the thing about that... The reason we dont have shanty towns and people pissing and shitting in the street in and outside every city is because business owners decided it was worth the cost to relocate the undesirables to an area away from the business districts. When you cut their assistance what you will see is a sharp rise in criminal activity. It costs about $70k a year to keep someone incarcerated, thats tax dollars. So youd rather pay $70k PER PERSON than give them $400 a month in assistance? Sounds like a great plan... 

You'e about 2x too high.

On Valentine's Day dealers here were out topping off customers for free. Seem to you that says something.

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Here the thing about that... The reason we dont have shanty towns and people pissing and shitting in the street in and outside every city is because business owners decided it was worth the cost to relocate the undesirables to an area away from the business districts. When you cut their assistance what you will see is a sharp rise in criminal activity. It costs about $70k a year to keep someone incarcerated, thats tax dollars. So youd rather pay $70k PER PERSON than give them $400 a month in assistance? Sounds like a great plan... 

:lol:  

2 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

That happened brah... 

Not saying it didn't, just interesting how you described it.  So where are the undesirables now and how much did it cost the business'?  

I think your $70K might be a bit high....at least as far as a national average goes. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not saying it didn't, just interesting how you described it.  So where are the undesirables now and how much did it cost the business'?  

I think your $70K might be a bit high....at least as far as a national average goes. 

Ever hear of HUD?

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I found $32,000 or so.

Whatever hyperbole is necessary to make an argument.

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep, Fed budget alone is almost $50 billion.  

I did a shitload of work for HUD in the past. They tore down a bunch of the projects in the city except for the senior housing high rises and gave everybody section 8 vouchers to move to the suburbs. Sent the undesirables to the suburbs and elsewhere. 

41 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I did a shitload of work for HUD in the past. They tore down a bunch of the projects in the city except for the senior housing high rises and gave everybody section 8 vouchers to move to the suburbs. Sent the undesirables to the suburbs and elsewhere. 

Yeah.....Iowa.  :lol: