Check your account email address ×

Smokin

Snake

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

6.1% for me.  :P

Post up 2016 though, there was a huge slide and recovery right at the end of 2015 and early in 2016.

Neal

1/25/13  13,895.98

1/20/17  19,827.25

1/20/18  26,071.72

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

6.1% for me.  :P

Post up 2016 though, there was a huge slide and recovery right at the end of 2015 and early in 2016.

Neal

1st quarter 4%

2nd 1.5%

3rd -8%

4th 6.1%

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

So 14%. Pretty damn good.  Over 10% average from 14-16, also damn good.  Seems Obama did damn good for your portfolio actually.

Neal

HE gave me 6% over 10 months in 2016.

THE TRUMP EFFECT gave me 8% in a month and a half.

Yuh, thanks Obama.... :lol:

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

HE gave me 6% over 10 months in 2016.

THE TRUMP EFFECT gave me 8% in a month and a half.

Yuh, thanks Obama.... :lol:

You can find a way to paint every little minor movement during a certain year from Obama, however he still gave you 10% per annum return.  :news:

Shall we go back further and look at the returns across his whole tenure?  :dunno:

Point is Obama did pretty damn good on investment returns, if that's how we are going to play the game.  Something that must pain you to state.

Neal

On 1/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, f7ben said:

Except the right didnt have a massive complicit media machine exacerbating the smears and character assassinations at every step. I hate Trump but what we are witnessing now is far past tit for tat and its fucking disgusting. Obama had Fox news up his ass......Trump has the entirety of the media complex spewing negativity and vitriol. 

Trump has brought every ounce of negativity on to himself. He deserves it all. 

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Thanks Bush!

Amirite?

If you wanna thank Obama for this first year of Trump term than sure....  :lol:

Man is it funny how much it must chap your ass that Obama did well for your investment returns.  You have to bend yourself and your portfolio into pretzels to avoid any credit or positive admittance.  :lol:

Just try the phrase, "My investments did well under Obama, and are doing well under Trump."

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

If you wanna thank Obama for this first year of Trump term than sure....  :lol:

Man is it funny how much it must chap your ass that Obama did well for your investment returns.  You have to bend yourself and your portfolio into pretzels to avoid and credit or positive admittance.  :lol:

Just try the phrase, "My investments did well under Obama, and are doing well under Trump."

Neal

How much of that can we pin on QE?

35 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

HCAIX

:bc:

Neal

Pretty good fund, expenses are a little high, and I hope thats not the only fund you're in :snack: 

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

You can find a way to paint every little minor movement during a certain year from Obama, however he still gave you 10% per annum return.  :news:

Shall we go back further and look at the returns across his whole tenure?  :dunno:

Point is Obama did pretty damn good on investment returns, if that's how we are going to play the game.  Something that must pain you to state.

Neal

Stick to things you know about.  Getting the stock back to pre recession levels isn't nearly as impressive as all the new highs the market has hit in the past year.  Best single year since 1947.

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Trump has brought every ounce of negativity on to himself. He deserves it all. 

Fine, then by extension, he deserves the credit for the economy getting jumpstarted, all the trillions made in the stock market and repatriated from overseas.  Oh, and thanks for that 2400 our household will be saving this year on taxes.  Yay!

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

See if you wanna head down the road of sluff it can be done!

Same percentage that can be pinned on a $1.6T tax giveaway...

Neal

So you've devolved from facts to conjecture.

I accept your capitulation.

Neal

Most of the gains were made well before the tax deal was finalized.   Next.

Neal

Keeping more of the money you earned is not a giveaway. I don’t agree with that wording at all.

:dunno: 

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Pretty good fund, expenses are a little high, and I hope thats not the only fund you're in :snack: 

Stick to things you know about.  Getting the stock back to pre recession levels isn't nearly as impressive as all the new highs the market has hit in the past year.  Best single year since 1947.

Fine, then by extension, he deserves the credit for the economy getting jumpstarted, all the trillions made in the stock market and repatriated from overseas.  Oh, and thanks for that 2400 our household will be saving this year on taxes.  Yay!

I'm into it a bit, but I'm diversified to other holdings too.

I know a decent amount about it.

I would say they are equally as good, if not being the recession ending performance being better.  Also Obama's performance went well beyond recovery, to very good performance overall.

Neal

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

So you've devolved from facts to conjecture.

I accept your capitulation.

You started it man, I told you that's how it would go.  Your capitulation on Obama, mine on Trump.  It can devolved forever just like that.

Fact is the market did very well under Obama and you can't admit that, laughable.

Neal

You misunderstood, it's a giveaway from the federal government perspective.  There is no avenue to pay this bill.

Neal

Would record revenues taxes from explosive growth do the trick?

Would CUTTING SPENDING do the trick?

It needn't be before it was finalized.  The benefits to the wealthy/corporations were known well ahead of time.

Neal

"The Trump Effect."

You misunderstood, it's a giveaway from the federal government perspective.  There is no avenue to pay this bill.

Neal

No avenue? How about increased revenue from economic growth? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

Would record revenues taxes from explosive growth do the trick?

Would CUTTING SPENDING do the trick?

Yes , lets start with giving away money to people who don't like us and have nothing to offer us.

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Think of the economy as a giant motor, and the federal government just had the jetting leaned out a click.  More hp, better running motor.  Stronger economy.  Now business and consumers are going to keep more of their money, thus investing more into the economy.  And the government revenues will also rise.  At least thats the theory.  Lets see next couple years.

Edited by DriftBusta