Check your account email address ×

HOV lanes

yarddawg

The dumbest thing they ever came up with in the name of reducing congestion. It just makes it worse. Now they have HOT lanes where you pay to use them with a single person but only have 500 of these permits available. Just another example of government cash grab stupidity.

4 hours ago, 02sled said:

The dumbest thing they ever came up with in the name of reducing congestion. It just makes it worse. Now they have HOT lanes where you pay to use them with a single person but only have 500 of these permits available. Just another example of government cash grab stupidity.

They could work if drivers can co-ordinate group rides, but many can't.  Sure if you have a zero responsibility 9-5 job that never demands more, I guess you can always come and go at the same time every day. 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They could work if drivers can co-ordinate group rides, but many can't.  Sure if you have a zero responsibility 9-5 job that never demands more, I guess you can always come and go at the same time every day. 

Politicians can commute together easily?

On 8/5/2016 at 10:29 AM, 02sled said:

1000 I thought :dunno: 

I was just down at King and Bay. Damn I hate the congestion. There are two types of bikers there. Pedal and motor and both of them should be banned from the road if they can't follow the rules of the road. I watched countless numbers of both weaving through traffic. Riding down the line dividing the lanes, coming up to a space too narrow, sharp swerve to the left in front of the left lane car, zip around the car in front in the oncoming lane traffic riding along the centre line then ducking back in. Red lights don't apply to them either.

6 hours ago, 02sled said:

I was just down at King and Bay. Damn I hate the congestion. There are two types of bikers there. Pedal and motor and both of them should be banned from the road if they can't follow the rules of the road. I watched countless numbers of both weaving through traffic. Riding down the line dividing the lanes, coming up to a space too narrow, sharp swerve to the left in front of the left lane car, zip around the car in front in the oncoming lane traffic riding along the centre line then ducking back in. Red lights don't apply to them either.

If I'm in the right lane, I'll hog the right side if the lane to keep me behind me at a red light. Those fuckers (bicycle) don't seem to care, ride past you when your stopped at the red and they sail through the red if there's no traffic coming. I'd love to whack some of em with a fly swatter gently when you drive by. Sadly I drive a lettered truck so I'll never be able to do that.