Check your account email address ×

Oregonians start pumping this week.

• Gold Member
Just now, Highmark said:

We still have one station that know's certain elderly's cars and will come out right away and pump gas for them.   

I live in NYS and I used to work at a locally owned gas station and we did the same thing. We also offered in house charge accounts had a core group of regulars who would come in. The elderly one's we would pump gas for at no extra charge. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Kivalo said:

I live in NYS and I used to work at a locally owned gas station and we did the same thing. We also offered in house charge accounts had a core group of regulars who would come in. The elderly one's we would pump gas for at no extra charge. 

2 of our 3 stations offer in house charge accounts.   One gives you a swipe card that works much faster than a CC.  Can set the account up to charge in store items as well.   Works slick.  

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

2 of our 3 stations offer in house charge accounts.   One gives you a swipe card that works much faster than a CC.  Can set the account up to charge in store items as well.   Works slick.  

Yeah the place I worked at is still there. The son owns it now and is really likes craft beer so they closed up the oil change bays and installed a walk-in cooler. They have a decent selection of craft beers now.  Still offer the in-house charge accounts, too. I like that its a locally-owned joint too. :bc:

Being from Oregon, I have to say this is/was a stupid law.  This new change only allows self service in areas of low population density and after hours, so I still can't fill my own car.  :bullshit:    Even more stupid are the loopholes that have always been part of the law.....you can fill your own motorcycle, snowmobile, boat, gas jugs, diesel vehicles, and transfer tanks in the back of a truck and the cardlock businesses are exempt.  :crazy:  

1 minute ago, Mikeadoo said:

Being from Oregon, I have to say this is/was a stupid law.  This new change only allows self service in areas of low population density and after hours, so I still can't fill my own car.  :bullshit:    Even more stupid are the loopholes that have always been part of the law.....you can fill your own motorcycle, snowmobile, boat, gas jugs, diesel vehicles, and transfer tanks in the back of a truck and the cardlock businesses are exempt.  :crazy:  

Oregon is one of my favorite states. Friendly people, beautiful landscape. One of the most diverse states I’ve ridden. Mountains, cities, ocean, deserts, rain forests. It’s got everything. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Oregon is one of my favorite states. Friendly people, beautiful landscape. One of the most diverse states I’ve ridden. Mountains, cities, ocean, deserts, rain forests. It’s got everything. 

Oregon is one of my least favorite states...  western side anyways.  Homeless everywhere, rude people stuck in traffic morning and night.  

Coast is pretty nice but anything on the I5 corridor is a shit hole.  East of the cascades is ok. There is definitely places in Oregon that you can move a shipping container out in the desert, call it home and disappear for ever.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Oregon is one of my least favorite states...  western side anyways.  Homeless everywhere, rude people stuck in traffic morning and night.  

Coast is pretty nice but anything on the I5 corridor is a shit hole.  East of the cascades is ok. There is definitely places in Oregon that you can move a shipping container out in the desert, call it home and disappear for ever.

At least that’ll keep you out of the state. 

5 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Where I fill up my works trucks still does it. Full serve , in house account. Dude calls me on Monday morning and tells me what I owe him. Next time I'm in he gives me the slips.

4 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

What is it counties with a population of less then 40,000?

13 hours ago, Skidooski said:

In some areas they have to start pumping their own gas and they're throwing fits about it on social media.

I had to laugh at thst a few days ago. My wife, who is total girlie girl even pumps her own now lol. (Showed her a few years ago)

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

So I wonder how many put diesel in a gas engine so far.

Not many.  Try that trick yourself.  Not easy fitting that nozzle.  I would be more curious about how many diesel engines have gone to the dumper from gasoline.

• Like 1