Check your account email address ×

This May Be Responsible for the High Suicide Rate Among White, American Men

14 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

"sSorry to hear that. I’m going to conference next month on this issue. 

although upsetting, i kind of understood it, as he was 85 and had some health issues. but the way he did it, shotgun to the head, knowing his family would find him, is something i will never understand. take a pill or something, don't leave that  gruesome "scene" etched in everyone's minds forever. i had another uncle, my mom's brother, do the same thing decades ago. this was my dad's brother. 

Edited by Snoslinger

I feel suicidal a lot.  Or wait...that may be homicidal.  :lmao:

Had a friend of the family hang himself years ago.  Suffered from bi-polar depression but when he took meds...he was ok.  Nice enough guy.  Just kinda weird.  Had a pretty wife and two kids.  One night after dinner he went for his normal walk in his little backyard path and hung himself.  His daughter found him.  There was ZERO sign of him being upset when he left the house.

I'm not superstitious at all but...it makes you wonder.....

Image result for sinister

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Sorry to hear about your uncle Slinger and good read Greg.

A lot of guys have spent so much time spinning their worth around material shit that they lose it when times get tight. It’s so easy to lose sight of the fact that our kids and family need us whether we’re rich or poor or somewhere in between. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

A lot of guys have spent so much time spinning their worth around material shit that they lose it when times get tight. It’s so easy to lose sight of the fact that our kids and family need us whether we’re rich or poor or somewhere in between. 

Well said and so true...I've got a friend or two like that. 

46 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

my uncle took his life on tuesday  :sad:

I don't think it is ever easy, but when someone is in poor health it is easier to understand.

Really sore subject with me. My next door neighbor and best friend took his life out of nowhere at 50.

Four years later and I am still stunned.  Talked to him that day when I came home for lunch, bullshitted about leaves and yard work, 24 hrs later  Me and another neighbor were kicking his door down. Guilt, anger, grief, I went through it all. Still think about him everyday.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

:thumbsup:

53 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well said. 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

although upsetting, i kind of understood it, as he was 85 and had some health issues. but the way he did it, shotgun to the head, knowing his family would find him, is something i will never understand. take a pill or something, don't leave that  gruesome "scene" etched in everyone's minds forever. i had another uncle, my mom's brother, do the same thing decades ago. this was my dad's brother. 

I never could understand how someone could do that to their loved ones. As you say , eat a pill and go to sleep. Better for all involved.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I never could understand how someone could do that to their loved ones. As you say , eat a pill and go to sleep. Better for all involved.

I hated that bastard that let his daughter find him hanging in the tree in the back yard for years.  I’ve since come to understand that when the decision is made to do it, the brain has completely crossed all the wrong wires.  I don’t think the final action is done in the manner that thinks about others, I just think it gets done.  Period. It’s sad.

:dunno:

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I hated that bastard that let his daughter find him hanging in the tree in the back yard for years.  I’ve since come to understand that when the decision is made to do it, the brain has completely crossed all the wrong wires.  I don’t think the final action is done in the manner that thinks about others, I just think it gets done.  Period. It’s sad.

:dunno:

A lot of guilt for the ones left behind.

Dated a girl for a long time who's brother hung himself in the woods. The old man found him, cut him down and carried him home.  Never the same, ended up drinking himself to death.

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

A lot of guilt for the ones left behind.

Dated a girl for a long time who's brother hung himself in the woods. The old man found him, cut him down and carried him home.  Never the same, ended up drinking himself to death.

What I find the saddest about it all is we are now a society where everyone is a victim and mental health professionals are swamped by people with petty issues.  So many people really need the help, but...are lost in the fold by the waves of the sad and disenfranchised.  Meh...they all pay the same!  And fake mental health issues are easy to solve.

Hard to find a solution with so much sadness in the world for odd reasons.  Big pharma seem to have the answers though!!!!  In many different colors!!!  What type of insurance do you have?  That opens up all kinds of “solutions”.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

What I find the saddest about it all is we are now a society where everyone is a victim and mental health professionals are swamped by people with petty issues.  So many people really need the help, but...are lost in the fold by the waves of the sad and disenfranchised.  Meh...they all pay the same!  And fake mental health issues are easy to solve.

Hard to find a solution with so much sadness in the world for odd reasons.  Big pharma seem to have the answers though!!!!  In many different colors!!!  What type of insurance do you have?  That opens up all kinds of “solutions”.

Pretty much.  I think a lot of times the signs are there and we choose to ignore them. I mean let's face it, how much time do you spend talking about your feeling's with your buddies? 

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

1/2 the side effect of antidepressants are depression. How the hell do you sell a product like that. If I told someone I can sell them a sprinkler system but the possible side effect may be a burned lawn why the fuck would they buy it?

43 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

1/2 the side effect of antidepressants are depression. How the hell do you sell a product like that. If I told someone I can sell them a sprinkler system but the possible side effect may be a burned lawn why the fuck would they buy it?

Excellent point...it defies logic.